These delicious Valentine candy hearts with layers of white and dark chocolate are the perfect way to show someone how much you care! Make them for your sweetie or for your friends and neighbors. They make a perfect teacher gift too!
I’m always a little sad when Christmas is over but then I remember that Valentine’s Day is coming and I cheer right back up again. It’s one of my favorite holidays and I love working on Valentine boxes and cards with my girls and it’s always fun to make some yummy treats. After all, this is one holiday that all about the sweets.
I’ll confess, I’m just a little bit obsessed with candy melts. They’re just so fun and colorful and you can do pretty much anything with them. Just a little bit drizzled over this Valentine’s Day Bark made it look that much prettier. When I came across these cute heart shaped baking cups, I knew exactly what I wanted to do. What’s Valentine’s Day without some chocolate Valentine’s hearts?
[bctt tweet=”Surprise your sweetie with these delicious Dark Chocolate Valentine Hearts!”]
Sweet Candy Hearts With Dark Chocolate
These may look fancy but they were actually very easy to make. Be sure you have your sprinkles and other decorations close by because once you add the final layer of candy melts, you’ll need to add them before the candy hardens. Once you’ve done that, you’re ready to get started.
First, I covered the bottom of the baking cups with approximately 1/2 tablespoon of melted candy. Make sure that the candy is melted thoroughly and once it’s in the cups, tap the cup on the table until the candy is spread evenly across and most of the air bubbles have popped. Refrigerate for about 15 minutes before moving on to the next step.
Now add a layer of dark chocolate and refrigerate again for 15-20 minutes.
Top with one more layer of melted candy.
Now it’s time for the fun part…decorating. You can do it sprinkles and candy or go rogue and do whatever you want. You could use edible markers to make conversation hearts or even change out the dark chocolate for milk chocolate.
Refrigerate once more until the candy sets and remove from baking cups. Aren’t they pretty?
I taste tested them (as a service to you, of course) and they were delicious! Not only are these perfect for your sweetie, they’re also great for teacher gifts, class parties and any other Valentine occasion.
Pin for later>>> Valentine Candy Hearts With White & Dark Chocolate Layers
Valentine Candy Hearts With White & Dark Chocolate Layers
- 12 oz Pink candy melts - 1 bag
- 12 oz White candy melts - 1 bag
- 10 oz Dark chocolate chips - 1 bag
- Your choice of toppings such as chocolate candy candy hearts, sprinkles, etc.
- Melt 1/2 of the bag of pink candy melts in the microwave for approximately 1 1/2 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Spoon evenly into the 12 baking cups.
- Tap the cups on the counter to distribute the candy and create a flat layer.
- Place in refrigerator to cool for 10-15 minutes.
- Melt 1/2 bag of dark chocolate chips.
- Spoon into each cup and again, tap the cup on the counter to evenly distribute the chocolate.
- Refrigerate for approximately 10-15 minutes.
- Melt the remaining pink candy melts.
- Working with just 2-3 cups at a time, top the dark chocolate with the melted candy, tap on counter to create a flat layer, then add desired toppings. Try not to do too many at once because the candy will begin to harden and the toppings won't stick.
- Repeat the steps above using the white chocolate melts and remaining dark chocolate.
Want more Valentine’s Day inspiration? Check these out: