This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
What kid doesn’t love unicorns? These Unicorn Kiss Meringue Cookies are perfect for a party or just a fun treat. Just don’t expect these melt in your mouth sweets to last very long!
Why is it that it’s just so much fun to make sweets? When I made meringue Chocolate Kisses a few months back, I loved them so much that I immediately started planning my next batch. This time I wanted to make them more colorful and the idea for these Unicorn Kiss Meringue Cookies was born.
If you’ve never made meringue cookies, you’ll love how easy they are. Check it out for yourself:
I was so busy shooting the video that I forgot to take pictures of the steps. However, the recipe is pretty straightforward and easy to follow.
Originally I was hoping to make these look like unicorn horns but as you can see, that didn’t work out too well.
Once I went back to the traditional size, they turned out perfectly. I love how pretty these are!
One thing to be careful of is not to stir the colors too much or they will blend into a not-so-pretty brownish orange shade. Just mix them in enough that you can see colorful streaks throughout the meringue.
These are perfect for birthday parties but you can also make them when you want to surprise someone special with a sweet treat. My daughters brought these in for their teachers on the first day of school. If you’re sending them with the kids, you might want to put them in a box instead of a treat bag so that they arrive in one piece.
The sprinkles added a nice touch of color in the inside!
Even the kids can help, though this time my youngest just wanted to help by licking the whisk when I was finished! There’s always next time though. I’m so hooked on these that I already have a brand new meringue cookie idea in mind. Stay tuned to see what I’ve come up with…
Get the full recipe here:
- 2 egg whites
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp distilled vinegar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup sprinkles
- food coloring
- brown paper for covering cookie sheet
- Beat egg whites, vinegar, vanilla and salt at high speed until soft peaks form.
- Slowly add sugar, a little at a time, and continue beating until stiff peaks form.
- Mix in sprinkles
- Add food coloring. I used two drops each of purple, pink, orange and turquoise but you can use whatever colors you choose.
- Gently stir in food coloring. Be careful not to stir too much or the colors will slowly blend into a not so pretty brownish color.
- Line a cookie sheet with brown paper (I just cut apart a grocery bag)
- I like to use an icing bag but you can also drop by the spoonful onto your cookie sheet.
- Bake at 275 for 40-45 minutes
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 20Sodium: 8mgCarbohydrates: 4gSugar: 4g
If you liked this recipe, you may want to check these out…