This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
This Harry Potter Pumpkin Juice Recipe is the perfect treat for your magical Harry Potter event. Serve this deliciously easy drink at your next wizarding party, movie night or even a festive Halloween party.
Table of Contents
Harry Potter Pumpkin Juice Recipe
When you think of Harry Potter recipes, the first thing that comes to mind is a butterbeer recipe, right? It’s only the most popular drink among the students of the Hogwarts School of Witchcraft. It’s also the one we HAVE to get whenever we go to the Wizarding World of Harry Potter at Universal Studios.
We’re pretty big Harry Potter fans and we’ve made everything from chocolate frogs to treacle tarts. However, when I got a free copy of The Unofficial Hogwarts Cookbook For Kids, I decided it was time for us to branch out a little!
This book is really cool! It’s completely packed with awesome Harry Potter recipe ideas. My girls and I started by making acid pops and had so much fun that we couldn’t wait to try making another recipe. This copycat Harry Potter pumpkin juice sounded both easy and unique.
It took some time to narrow it down but we decided to go with this juice recipe. It’s a popular pumpkin drink in the Harry Potter series and while you can buy a bottle of pumpkin juice at the theme parks, it’s a little harder to get anywhere else. The fact that it’s so easy made me like it even more.
Why We Love This Harry Potter Pumpkin Juice Recipe
Easy – Super easy to make, all you need are a few simple ingredients to make your own copycat version of this Harry Potter-themed drink.
Fun – This is the perfect drink for a Harry Potter-themed party or a Harry Potter book night. You can even make a batch to serve for a Halloween party.
Perfect For Fall – With the perfect combination of apple and pumpkin flavors, this pumpkin juice tastes like autumn in a bottle.
- Canned Pumpkin Puree: This is what gives your drink that delicious pumpkin flavor (which also makes it perfect now that we’re in the fall season)! The bonus? It’s filled with vitamin C! Just don’t tell the kids…they don’t need to know that it’s good for them!
- Apple Juice: While you want your drink to taste like pumpkin, it should still be a fairly subtle taste. The apple juice and pumpkin puree together make a great flavor combination. You can also use apple cider (see below).
- Brown sugar, ginger, and cinnamon: The brown sugar adds a hint of sweetness, while ginger and cinnamon add a little spice to the pumpkin juice.
How To Make Harry Potter’s Pumpkin Juice
Step 1: Combine all ingredients in a medium saucepan and stir well until completely blended. (Note: For the best results, you’ll want to use ground ginger. I didn’t have any so I substituted fresh ginger root instead. I cut off a small piece and cooked it with the other ingredients, then removed it just before serving)
Step 2: Cook the apple juice mixture on the stove top over medium heat. Simmer 1-2 minutes, until the brown sugar is dissolved.
Step 3: Remove from heat and let cool to room temperature. Once the juice has reached room temperature, chill for about an hour and serve cold as is or with ice.
You can pour this delicious pumpkin juice straight from a pitcher but for extra fun, use a ladle to serve it from a large pot or cauldron. Since this recipe makes two servings, you’ll want to triple the recipe or more to serve a crowd.
Tips & Tricks
- While the recipe in the book calls for apple juice, we’ve since made this recipe with fresh apple cider and love it even more. You can use whichever you have on hand but if you’re trying to decide between apple juice and apple cider, I’d go with the cider.
- You can also use apple juice concentrate. Just be sure to mix it according to directions before using it for this recipe.
- Be sure you use pumpkin puree and not pumpkin pie filling. The pie filling contains pumpkin pie spice, which isn’t necessary for this recipe.
- If want to experiment a bit more with the flavor, you can whisk in some nutmeg or allspice.
I’m not a huge pumpkin fan and never one to go crazy for the pumpkin spice drinks. This fresh pumpkin juice really passed the taste test though. The combination of the apple and pumpkin was delish!
More Recipes From Harry Potter World
If you liked this easy pumpkin juice recipe, you’ll want to check out these recipes too.
- Pumpkin Pasties – These mini homemade pumpkin pies make a warm fall treat that everyone will love.
- Alcoholic Butterbeer – Perfect for a grown-up Harry Potter themed party, this is very similar to the non-alcoholic butterbeer but with a fun, boozy kick.
- Exploding Bon Bons – Just like a sweet truffle but with an explosive surprise inside.
Harry Potter Pumpkin Juice
- Combine all ingredients in a medium saucepan.
- Cook over medium heat and bring juice to a simmer.
- Cook until brown sugar has dissolved, then remove from heat.
- Cool the juice to room temperature, then refrigerate until cold (approximately one hour).