This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
This delicious watermelon lemonade recipe is a tasty and refreshing twist on the traditional summer beverage. It’s incredibly easy and so good that it’s sure to become your new favorite go-to drink for a hot summer day.
If you love homemade lemonade as much as I do, you’re going to really love this simple recipe! Incorporating fresh, sweet watermelon, this sweet and tangy lemonade has all our favorite flavors of summer.
The watermelon juice and sugar add sweetness, while the fresh lemon juice gives the perfect amount of tart and tangy citrus flavor. Because it’s made in a blender, it’s also super quick and easy!
This is the perfect drink to quench your thirst while relaxing on the porch, by the pool, or at summer parties and picnics. The kids will love it after a long hot day at summer camp or just playing outside. Just be sure to always have a pitcher of this homemade watermelon lemonade on hand and you’ll be ready for summer fun!
Why We Love This Recipe
It’s a Perfect Summer Drink – There’s nothing like an ice-cold glass of homemade lemonade on a hot summer day. Adding watermelon is the perfect way to take this summertime drink to a whole new level!
It’s Inexpensive – With just a few ingredients that you probably already have on hand, this simple recipe may not even require any new grocery store purchases. And if you don’t have fresh watermelon on hand, there’s a good chance you’ll find some on sale during the summer when it’s in season.
It’s Easy – This is one of our favorite easy recipes. There are just four simple ingredients, and the blender does all the work so you can keep a large pitcher on hand all summer long!
- Fresh seedless watermelon (large chunks) – adds the delicious watermelon flavor
- Water – the base for just about any refreshing summer drink
- Fresh squeezed lemon juice – adds the fresh lemon flavor
- Granulated sugar – balances the tartness of the fresh lemon
- Extra fresh watermelon and lemon slices – makes a pretty garnish
How to Make Watermelon Lemonade
Step 1: Place watermelon cubes in a blender.
Step 2: Add sugar.
Step 3: Add the fresh lemon juice.
Step 4: Pour in cold water.
Step 5: Blend for about 60 seconds. You’ll want to blend until the mixture is smooth.
Step 6: Pour the lemonade over ice cubes. Garnish with fresh watermelon chunks or lemon slices and enjoy!
Tips & Tricks
- Turn this into an adult drink by stirring in a little bit of vodka. It’s a delicious twist on a one of our favorite cocktail recipes – a classic vodka lemonade. Use about 1 to 1.5 ounces of vodka per serving of lemonade.
- Be sure to get a small or medium seedless watermelon for this recipe. You won’t have to worry about straining or picking seeds out of your lemonade. Plus, the smaller melons are a lot easier to cut than a giant watermelon.
- If you want to remove any extra watermelon bits after blending your lemonade, just strain it through a fine-mesh strainer.
- Make watermelon mint lemonade by muddling fresh mint leaves, then pouring your drink over the top. Give it a good stir and you’ve got a whole new version to love!
- Experiment with other fresh fruits for more fun lemonade recipes. Try strawberries to make a tasty strawberry lemonade recipe. Blueberries work great too.
- Want to serve these drinks over ice but don’t want them to get watered down? Make a batch ahead of time and use an ice cube tray to freeze it. Add these cubes to the drinks instead of regular ice cubes and you’ll have the same delicious taste even after they melt.
The watermelon lemonade should stay fresh in your refrigerator for up to a week.
We wouldn’t recommend it. The fresh lemons really make this drink, so it’s worth the effort to juice your own. You can buy a lemon juicer on Amazon – they’re inexpensive and make the task much easier. You can also juice your lemons a few days in advance and keep the juice in a mason jar in your fridge.
More Delicious Drink Recipes
- Orange Creamsicle Milkshakes
- Raspberry Orange Iced Tea
- Healthy Smoothie Recipes
- Oreo Milkshakes
- 4th of July Punch
Watermelon Lemonade Recipe
- Place watermelon cubes in a blender.4 cups fresh seedless watermelon
- Add sugar.1/2 cup sugar
- Add lemon juice and cold water.1 cup lemon juice, 4 cups water
- Blend for about 60 seconds, or until the mixture is smooth.
- Pour the lemonade over ice cubes and garnish with fresh watermelon chunks or lemon slices. Enjoy!
- If you have any extra watermelon bits after blending your lemonade, you can strain it through a fine mesh strainer.
- Turn this into an adult drink by adding some vodka. Use about 1 to 1.5 oz of vodka per serving of lemonade.