This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
This easy Oreo milkshake recipe not only tastes amazing, but with just ice cream, milk and Oreo cookies, it’s also a super easy recipe. A chocolate lovers dream, it’s the perfect way to cool off on a hot summer day!
There’s nothing better than a thick, frosty milkshake! I don’t even care what flavor you hand me, I’m totally drinking it. The best part is that they’re such easy recipes too!
My whole family loves milkshakes and everyone has a favorite. My hubby loves a good classic vanilla milkshake! I always go for this mouthwatering creamsicle milkshake and my girls get excited every time I whip up their favorite birthday cake milkshake!
This time I wanted to try something a little different though. We had some extra cookies left over from this awesome Oreo poke cake so I thought I’d surprise the fam by whipping up a new sweet treat, this classic Oreo shake recipe!
How To Make An OREO Milkshake
With just three simple ingredients, you’ll want to make this easy milkshake recipe all the time (and I guarantee your family and friends will be totally on board for that)!
Step 1: Start by dropping four large scoops of vanilla ice cream, about two cups, into the blender. Want a chocolate Oreo shake? Just add chocolate sauce or use chocolate ice cream instead of vanilla.
Step 2: Next, add 1/2 cup of whole milk or 2% milk.
Step 3: Now add 4-5 OREO cookies, broken in half. For even more OREO flavor, toss in a couple extra.
Step 4: Blend until mixture has a smooth, creamy texture. I love using the pulse setting but if yours doesn’t have one, the regular blend setting works too. I’ve had all kinds of blenders over the years but this Ninja blender is my all time favorite!
Step 5: Pour the milkshake into a glass or split in half for two delicious Oreo milkshakes. Garnish with whipped cream and a cookie with extra chunks of cookies sprinkled around it.
How To Rim Your Glass With Oreo Cookies
To make our Oreo shakes even more fun, I also used the cookies to coat the rims of the glasses. If you want to do the same, just open a couple Oreos and scrape off filling. Place the cookies in a plastic sandwich bag and use the flat side of a meat tenderizer or a rolling pin to crush them. Just leave a little corner of the bag unzipped so it doesn’t pop open.
Pour crushed cookies onto a plate, then pour chocolate syrup onto another plate. Dip the glass in the syrup, then the cookies, making sure the glass is covered all the way around.
How To Make A Thick Milkshake
The key to a thicker milkshake is to either increase the amount of ice cream or decrease the amount of milk. Adding more ice cream will give you a larger serving size too, so if you’re dividing this between two people, this it what I’d do. If it’s too thick and you’d like it a little smoother, just add a splash of milk.
How To Make A Milkshake Without A Blender
You don’t have to own a blender to make a delicious shake. This YouTube video has a great tutorial on how to make a milkshake without a blender. You’ll just need a large insulated cup to get started and then you can follow along with the tutorial. I’ve never tried it because I always use my blender but it seems pretty simple and just as delish!
It doesn’t get much better than this! All the chocolate lovers in my family loved this shake! I mean, how can you NOT love an OREO milkshake, right?
Switch your milkshake up with these fun ideas:
- Chocolate Oreos for an extra chocolate-y shake.
- Toss in a frozen banana to make the ultimate Oreo banana milkshake.
- For those (like me) who love the combination of peanut butter and chocolate, try adding two tablespoons of creamy peanut butter.
- Try using different types of ice cream. Strawberry ice cream works particularly well with this recipe.
- Love boozy milkshakes? Just add in a little whipped cream vodka.
- You can even get fancier with the garnishes. Drizzle chocolate syrup or even caramel sauce over the top and finish it off with a maraschino cherry!
More Delicious Milkshakes & Ice Cream Recipes
- Nutella Milkshake
- Classic Strawberry Milkshake
- Easy Chocolate Milkshake
- Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream
- Cotton Candy Ice Cream
- Butterbeer Ice Cream
Oreo Milkshake Recipe
- 4 scoops vanilla ice cream
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 4 Oreo cookies
- Whipped cream and a crumbled Oreo cookie for garnish optional
- Combine ice cream, milk and Oreo cookies in a blender.4 scoops vanilla ice cream, 1/2 cup whole milk, 4 Oreo cookies
- Blend on high (or pulse if you have that option) until mixture is smooth and creamy.
- Pour into a glass (or two glasses) and top with whipped cream and Oreo bits.
- Add less milk for thick milkshakes or more milk for thinner ones.
- This recipe makes 1 large or two small Oreo cookie shakes.