This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
This post is sponsored by Home Chef but all opinions are 100% my own.
This Jalapeno Popper Chicken Flatbread is the perfect easy weeknight dinner. Herbed cream cheese is spread over a crispy flatbread, then topped with chicken, poblano peppers and onion and cheddar cheese. It’s a delicious meal the whole family will love!
I’ll confess…I’m the worst when it comes to planning for dinner! Life is just so busy that sometimes it’s 5pm before I realize I have nothing planned. Then I have to drop everything and head off to the grocery store, which is almost never convenient.
That’s why Home Chef has been such a life saver. They have literally taken a big stress off my plate by putting food on my plate! Because they deliver full meals straight to my door, I no longer have to stress out when my family starts asking what I’m making for dinner!
💖Why choose Home Chef
- Flexible Schedule – You can order one or two meals or a different meal for every night of the week. The flexibility means that I can order extra if I have family in town or even skip a week if we won’t be around.
- Variety – The great thing about Home Chef is that they offer a variety of foods in multiple categories. Because of my busy schedule, my favorites are the quick dinners that I can whip up in 30 minutes or less. Other categories include calorie conscious meals, vegetarian, nut-free and more.
- Selection – There are enough choices to please even the pickiest of eaters! With seafood, steak, pasta and much more, you’re sure to find meals that everyone in the family will love. Get fancy with a Fig & Goat Cheese Flatbread, eat healthy with an Apple & Chicken Salad or choose a classic comfort food like Beef Stroganoff.
- Customizable – Many of these easy recipes can be customized with your favorite ingredients. For example, we ordered the BBQ Turkey Mini Meatloaves as is, but you can switch out the turkey for ground beef or sausage if you prefer.
It tastes amazing too
Now let’s answer the most important question…how did it taste? I’d heard good things about Home Chef but these meals exceeded our expectations! Not only were they really easy to make but they were delicious too!
My husband’s favorite was the BBQ Turkey Mini Meatloaves, full of flavor in every bite. The butternut squash with walnut panko and goat cheese was tasty too!
My girls loved the amazing flavor of the Spicy Chicken Flatbread and gave it rave reviews. They’re one of our new favorite recipes and easy enough that my girls could even make their own flatbread next time. It’s a great way to teach little beginners how to cook!
While meal kits are a big part of what Home Chef offers, they offer more than just the main course. You can order salads, easy breakfasts, desserts and more.
These sausage, egg and cheese breakfast sandwiches are perfect for busy mornings. Just pop ’em in the microwave, serve with a little fruit and breakfast is good to go.
Don’t forget about dessert! These ginger snap cookies were so good and definitely didn’t last long in my house!
How it works
Once you sign up, you’ll answer a few questions about what type of foods you prefer, how many servings you’ll typically need, etc. This way, Home Chef can customize the menu to fit what you’re looking for.
Next, you’ll check out the menu to make your selections. There are new recipes every week and you have until Friday to make your decisions. Then your order is locked in and you’ll receive it the following Monday.
The best part is that aside from olive oil for cooking and an egg yolk for the cookies, our kits came with everything we needed, pre-portioned and ready to go. Dinner has never been so easy!
If you’ve ever wanted to try Home Chef, now is a great time with this offer! New customers can use my code FUNMONEYMOM75 and get 75% Off Your First Box + 60% Off Your Second and Third Boxes!
- Naan flatbreads
- Green onions
- Poblano pepper
- Cream cheese
- Sour cream
- Buttermilk-dill seasoning
- Boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- Cheddar cheese
- Crispy jalapenos
👩🏼🍳How To Make Jalapeno Popper Chicken Flatbread
Step 1. Preheat oven to 425° and line a sheet pan with aluminum foil.
Step 2. Place flatbread directly on the oven rack and bake for 5-7 minutes. The edges of the flatbread crust should be crispy and golden brown.
Step 3. Thinly slice green onion at an angle, placing the white and green parts of the onion in separate bowls.
Step 4. Stem, seed and dice the poblano pepper. It may be a little spicy so be sure to wash your hands and cutting board afterwards.
Step 5. In a small bowl, combine softened cream cheese, sour cream and buttermilk dill seasoning. Mix well and set aside.
Step 6. Pat chicken dry with paper towels, then add olive oil to a medium non-stick pan. Heat pan over medium heat and add chicken, white onion slices and diced poblano pepper. Stir occasionally until chicken is lightly browned with an internal temperature of 165° (about 5-7 minutes).
Note: If you hate cutting chicken as much as I do, you’ll love that the chicken comes already cut into bite size pieces!
Step 7. Stir in corn and cook for an additional 1-2 minutes, then remove from heat.
Step 8. Place naan bread on prepared baking sheet. Spread cream cheese mixture over the top.
Step 9. Top with chicken mixture, then add cheddar cheese.
Step 10. Bake until the cheese is melted and the flatbread is golden brown, about 2-3 minutes.
Step 11. Remove from oven and top with green onion and spicy jalapeno chips. Serve hot and enjoy!
These are portioned at two flatbreads per person but one each was plenty for my family, especially when served with the Avocado Ranch Chopped Salad.
Tips & Tricks
- Try making this delicious flatbread with a variety of proteins. While we loved it with chicken thighs, you can also make it with chicken breasts, steak strips, ground beef or shrimp (all available with the Home Chef customize it option)
- For extra heat, you can add red pepper flakes or jalapenos. For a little less heat, leave off the crispy jalapenos.
- Take your presentation up a notch by spreading just half the cream cheese mixture over the flatbread. After adding all the toppings, place the remaining mixture in a pastry bag and drizzle over the top.
Don’t forget, new customers can try Home Chef now and get 75% Off Your First Box + 60% Off Your Second and Third Boxes with the code FUNMONEYMOM75!
Jalapeno Popper Chicken Flatbread
- 4 mini naan flatbreads
- 2 green onions
- 1 poblano pepper
- 2 ounces cream cheese light
- 1 ounce sour cream
- 2 tsp buttermilk-dill seasoning
- 3 ounces corn
- 10 ounces chicken thighs diced
- 2 ounces cheddar cheese shredded
- 1/2 ounce crispy jalapenos
- Preheat oven to 425° and line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Place flatbreads directly on the oven rack and bake for 5-7 minutes. The edges of the bread should be crispy and golden brown.4 mini naan flatbreads
- Thinly slice green onion at an angle, keeping the white and green parts of the onion separate.2 green onions
- Stem, seed and dice the poblano pepper.1 poblano pepper
- In a separate mixing bowl, combine softened cream cheese, sour cream and buttermilk dill seasoning. Mix well and set aside.2 ounces cream cheese, 1 ounce sour cream, 2 tsp buttermilk-dill seasoning
- Pat chicken dry, then add olive oil to a medium non-stick pan. Heat pan over medium heat and add chicken, white onion slices and diced poblano pepper. Stir occasionally until chicken is lightly browned with an internal temperature of 165° (about 5-7 minutes).2 green onions, 10 ounces chicken thighs, 1 poblano pepper
- Stir in corn and cook for an additional 1-2 minutes, then remove from heat.3 ounces corn
- Place flatbreads on prepared baking sheet. Spread cream cheese mixture over the top.
- Top with chicken mixture, then add cheddar cheese.
- Bake until the cheese is melted and the flatbread is golden brown, about 2-3 minutes.
- Remove from oven and top with green onion and spicy jalapeno chips. Serve hot and enjoy!2 ounces cheddar cheese, 1/2 ounce crispy jalapenos
- For less heat, go easy on the crispy jalapenos or leave them off altogether. Or spicier flatbread, try adding red pepper flakes or jalapenos. You could also drizzling a little hot sauce over the top.
- CFor best results, reheat in the oven until warmed through. You can also microwave them but the flatbread won’t be as crisp.
- Each meal kit serves two people, which is why this recipe also serves two. When you order for 4 or more, you will receive additional meal kits.