This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
This Birthday Cake Milkshake might just be my best milkshake recipe yet! With the delicious taste of cake batter and loaded with sprinkles and a cupcake, this fun dessert recipe will be your new favorite too!
Summer is here and there’s no better dessert recipe for summer than a smooth, creamy milkshake! You seriously can’t go wrong with this easy dessert because everyone goes crazy for them, from the kids to the grownups!
That’s why I’ve been on such a milkshake kick lately! There are so many ways to make them and I may have gone a little crazy! I’ve made everything from an easy classic vanilla milkshake to a super indulgent Nutella milkshake. They’ve all tasted amazing but this delicious birthday cake milkshake recipe may just be the best yet!
The best part is how easy it is to make. You just need a few simple ingredients, and throw in a fun decorated glass, and you’ve got a fun milkshake that will have everyone celebrating!
How to Make A Birthday Cake Milkshake
Before you start, you’ll want to decorate your glass. You can skip this step if you like but it’s easy and makes your milkshake even more fun!
Just use a knife to spread vanilla icing around the top of the glass.
Now add sprinkles…you can never have too many!
Pretty, right? Now you’re ready to make your shake.
Step 1: You’ll want to start with 2 cups vanilla ice cream (about 4 scoops). You can also use birthday cake or cake batter ice cream, though those flavors are harder to find. Place ice cream in your blender.
Step 2: Next, add a half cup milk.
Step 3: Finally, add 1/2 a teaspoon of cake batter extract. This is what gives your milkshake that awesome birthday cake flavor.
Step 4: Use the pulse setting to blend the ingredients until the mixture is smooth and creamy. This Ninja Blender is the BEST for milkshakes and smoothies!
Step 5: Pour your milkshake into two tall glasses or glass jars. Garnish with whipped cream, sprinkles and if you have one, a mini cupcake too. Add a few candles and you’ve got a party in a glass!
If this birthday cake shake doesn’t make you want to celebrate, nothing will! This may be the perfect way to wish someone a Happy Birthday but no way could we wait that long!
How can I make a thicker milkshake?
Love your milkshakes thick and creamy? First, be sure you’re using a full fat ice cream. Then add just enough milk to make it smooth without thinning it out. You can also try using heavy whipping cream instead of milk to get the thick shake you’re looking for.
I don’t have vanilla ice cream. Can I use another flavor?
Don’t have vanilla ice cream? I haven’t tried strawberry yet but I think it would taste pretty good too. You can also try other flavors…you’ll just want to stick to subtle ones so that the cake batter flavor can shine through.
How can I make a healthier milkshake?
Want a more healthy dessert? You can cut back on the calories by using low fat ice cream and low fat milk. You can also thicken your milkshake, and make it a little healthier, by adding a frozen banana to the mix.
Serving Ideas & Suggestions
Now for the fun part! When you’re making a birthday cake milkshake, you can go a little crazy with the garnishes! I mean, that’s totally what I did, right? Here are a few more ideas…
- Sprinkles, sprinkles and more sprinkles! Then add even more! There’s nothing like lots of sprinkles to make these yummy ice cream treats even better!
- You can’t go wrong with a cherry on the top!
- Got cake pops? Put them on the top of the whipped cream and a generous sprinkle of sprinkles ;).
- Dunk a couple of golden Oreos halfway into the whipped cream!
- Add some giant rainbow lollipops for more color
- You can also add lots of color with some fun rock sugar candy sticks.
- Really want to get a little wild? Add a whole slice of birthday cake on top!
- Don’t forget to add a colorful straw…or two or three!
Loved this delicious milkshake? You may want to try these too:
- 4 scoops vanilla ice cream
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1/2 tsp cake batter extract
- Whipped Cream
- Mini cupcakes
- Start by adding 4 heaping scoops of vanilla ice cream into a blender.
- Next, add a half cup of whole milk.
- Finally, add 1/2 a teaspoon of cake batter extract.
- Use the pulse setting to blend the ingredients until the mixture is smooth and creamy.
- Pour your milkshake into two tall glasses. Garnish with whipped cream, sprinkles and if you have one, a mini cupcake too. Add a few candles and you’ve got a party in a glass!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 412Total Fat: 21gSaturated Fat: 12gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 72mgSodium: 183mgCarbohydrates: 49gFiber: 1gSugar: 42gProtein: 7g