What do you do when you open the pantry door to find white chocolate staring out at you? You make a delicious dessert! This melt in your mouth white chocolate mousse with strawberry puree is pure chocolate perfection!
I’ve never met a dessert that I didn’t like but there’s just something about chocolate mousse that stands out from the rest. It doesn’t matter if it’s white chocolate, dark chocolate or anything in between because I love it all!
I came across some white chocolate in the pantry the other day when a light bulb went on over my head. Since I had a little extra time, along with a sweet tooth, white chocolate mousse just seemed like a great idea! It was great on it’s own but I wanted a little something extra. Adding strawberries makes everything healthier, right?
Anyway, I dare you to stop at just one bite of this amazing dessert. It’s so melt in your mouth good that you’ll want to eat the entire bowl!
Print the recipe
- For the puree:
- 8 oz fresh strawberries, chopped
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tbsp water
- For the mousse:
- 4 oz white chocolate
- 1/2 pint heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup sifted powdered sugar
- 2 chopped strawberries for garnish
- whipped cream, optional
- To make the puree:
- Combine water, strawberries & sugar in a saucepan
- Simmer for approximately 15-20 minutes, until strawberries dissolve to form a syrupy mixture
- Pour the mixture through a strainer and set aside
- To make the mousse:
- Melt the white chocolate in a double boiler (if you don't have a double boiler, boil an inch of water in a saucepan and place a bowl with the chocolate over the top)
- Cool until lukewarm
- Meanwhile, beat the cream until peaks begin to form
- Gradually add the powdered sugar until well blended
- Gently fold the whipped cream into the chocolate
- Place in serving bowls
- Top with whipped cream (optional) and chopped strawberries
- Drizzle strawberry puree over the top
- Note: This recipe can either make two large servings or 4 small ones.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 858 Saturated Fat: 38g Cholesterol: 173mg Sodium: 98mg Carbohydrates: 73g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 66g Protein: 6g
This white chocolate mousse would also taste amazing with raspberries or blueberries. What would you top it with (or would you just eat it plain)?