This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
What do you do when you open the pantry door to find white chocolate staring out at you? You make a delicious dessert! This melt in your mouth white chocolate mousse with strawberry puree is pure chocolate perfection!
I’ve never met a dessert that I didn’t like but there’s just something about chocolate mousse that stands out from the rest. It doesn’t matter if it’s white chocolate, dark chocolate or anything in between because I love it all!
I came across some white chocolate in the pantry the other day when a light bulb went on over my head. Since I had a little extra time, along with a sweet tooth, white chocolate mousse just seemed like a great idea! It was great on it’s own but I wanted a little something extra. Adding strawberries makes everything healthier, right?
Anyway, I dare you to stop at just one bite of this amazing dessert. It’s so melt in your mouth good that you’ll want to eat the entire bowl!
Table of Contents
Print the recipe
White Chocolate Mousse With Fresh Strawberry Puree
To make the puree:
- Combine water, strawberries & sugar in a saucepan
- Simmer for approximately 15-20 minutes, until strawberries dissolve to form a syrupy mixture
- Pour the mixture through a strainer and set aside
To make the mousse:
- Melt the white chocolate in a double boiler (if you don't have a double boiler, boil an inch of water in a saucepan and place a bowl with the chocolate over the top)
- Cool until lukewarm
- Meanwhile, beat the cream until peaks begin to form
- Gradually add the powdered sugar until well blended
- Gently fold the whipped cream into the chocolate
- Place in serving bowls
- Top with whipped cream (optional) and chopped strawberries
- Drizzle strawberry puree over the top
- Note: This recipe can either make two large servings or 4 small ones.