This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Butterscotch pudding shots are the perfect way to take your fall party up a notch! This creamy dessert-like treat comes with a fun and boozy kick that makes it the ultimate crowd-pleaser!
If you love the sweet and creamy taste of a classic butterscotch pudding, you’ll love it even more with the addition of delicious butterscotch schnapps. Also known as buttery nipple pudding shots, this fun cocktail recipe combines the two for an amazing party treat that’s part creamy cocktail and part decadent dessert.
Just a bit fancier than a Jello shot, these pudding shots are an indulgent treat that your guests will love. The best part is that they’re so easy to make that you don’t even want to wait for your next party to enjoy them!
Table of Contents
Why We Love This Recipe
Two Treats in One – This delicious shot is both a boozy shot and a creamy dessert that will satisfy your sweet tooth and take the party up a notch.
Easy – It’s just as easy as making instant pudding and can be prepared in minutes!
Great for Parties – These shots are everything you want in a great party shot. They’re inexpensive to make, cleanup is a breeze, and it’s a great way to get everyone in the mood to celebrate.
- Instant butterscotch pudding mix
- Butterscotch schnapps
- Cool Whip topping
- Whipped cream for topping
How to Make Butterscotch Pudding Shots
Step 1: Whisk together pudding, milk and schnapps in a large bowl.
Step 2: Fold in the Cool Whip. Whisk until all ingredients are well combined.
Step 3: Divide the pudding mixture evenly between your shot cups.
Step 4: Chill the shots until ready to serve. Top with whipped cream just before serving and enjoy!
Tips & Tricks
- I like to serve these with mini plastic spoons, so everyone can eat them like a mini dessert.
- If you prefer a milder butterscotch flavor, you can use vanilla pudding with the butterscotch schnapps. Or keep the butterscotch pudding and substitute whipped cream vodka or Irish cream liqueur or for the schnapps.
- Be careful not to add too much alcohol or your shots may not set properly.
How Do I Store These?
Keep your shots covered (we like to use the disposable shot cups with lids) or place them in an airtight container. They should keep refrigerated for 3-4 days.
What Kind Of Cups Should I Serve These In?
You can use the 2 oz cups designed for Jello shots, which can be found on Amazon or at most liquor stores. Plastic condiment cups or regular shot glasses will also work and if you want to get extra fancy, you could even use tiny mason jars!
More Fall Party Shots
- Cranberry Jello Shots
- Baileys Chocolate Pudding Shots
- Apple Cider Jello Shots
- Halloween Jello Shots
- Candy Corn Jello Shots
Butterscotch Pudding Shots
- 1 box instant butterscotch pudding mix 3 ounce size
- 1 ½ cups milk
- ½ cup butterscotch schnapps
- 1 ½ cups cool whip topping
- Whipped cream for topping
- Whisk together pudding, milk, and butterscotch schnapps in a large bowl.1 box instant butterscotch pudding mix, 1 ½ cups milk, ½ cup butterscotch schnapps
- Add the Cool Whip and whisk until well combined.1 ½ cups cool whip topping
- Divide the pudding mix evenly between your shot cups.
- Chill the shots until ready, then top with whipped cream.Whipped cream for topping