This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
These Candy Corn Jello Shots make the perfect grownup treats for any fall get-together or Halloween party! With bright, colorful layers that remind you of your favorite fall candy, these fun shots are guaranteed to be a hit!
Layered Candy Corn Jello Shots
If you’ve been looking forward to the fall season rolling around, you’ll want to put these candy corn Jello shots on your list of must-have treats. Candy corn is a classic fall staple and has inspired lots of our seasonal desserts, including these Candy Corn Cookie Bars, Candy Corn Cupcakes, and this Candy Corn Fudge!
Now this easy recipe brings the look of candy corn to a fun and festive Jello shot. Pineapple, orange, and Knox gelatin with sweetened condensed milk make up the layers. Whipped cream vodka makes this treat extra fun, and it also tastes delicious combined with the fruit flavors of the Jello. These candy corn Jello shots are perfect for all your fall festivities.
Why We Love This Recipe
- Perfect for fall: With their fall colors and candy corn theme, these boozy Jello shots are perfect for Halloween, game day, or other fall events.
- Versatile: You can change the Jello flavors, use a different kind of vodka, or omit the alcohol altogether for a kid-friendly treat.
- Looks like candy corn: The gelatin layers are super easy to make, yet these shots look just like the candy!
- Really tasty: The combination of fun and fruity flavors makes these candy corn shots taste as good as they look.
- Pineapple Jell-o (you can use lemon Jello)
- Orange Jell-o
- Knox unflavored gelatin
- Sweetened condensed milk
- Hot water
- Cold water
- Whipped cream flavored vodka (regular vodka works too)
- Whipped cream for topping
- Candy corn for topping
How to Make Candy Corn Jello Shots
For the Yellow Layer
Step 1: Place 16 shot cups on a large cookie tray.
Step 2: Pour 1 cup of water into a small saucepan and bring it to a boil over medium heat. Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the pineapple Jello mix. Mix until the gelatin has dissolved completely.
Step 3: Stir a half cup of vodka into your Jello.
Step 4: Add a half cup of cold water. Stir again.
Step 5: Pour the mixture into each of the individual plastic shot glasses, filling each about a quarter to a third of the way to the top. Refrigerate for about 2 hours.
For the Orange Jello Layer
Step 6: To make the orange layer, bring 1 cup of water to a boil in the saucepan. Remove the water from the heat and stir in the box of orange Jell-o.
Step 7: Stir until the mix is dissolved. Add a half cup of cold water and a half cup of vodka.
Step 8: Allow the Jello to cool completely, then pour the second layer over top of the yellow layer. Move the cups back into the fridge to chill for another 2 hours.
For the White Layer
Step 9: For the final layer, whisk together 1 cup of water and one of the Knox unflavored gelatin packets in a small saucepan. Heat just until the mixture is hot and steamy and the gelatin is completely dissolved; there is no need to bring it to a boil.
Step 10: Pour in a half cup of vodka and whisk.
Step 11: Add the sweetened condensed milk to the mixture. Whisk until the mixture is well combined.
Step 12: Allow this mixture to cool completely. Once the orange layer is set, add the top layer.
Step 13: Move the shots to the refrigerator to chill for another 2 hours.
Step 15: When ready to serve, garnish the top of each shot with whipped cream and candy corn (optional). You can also top each shot with festive Halloween sprinkles.
Candy Corn Jell-o Shots Tips & Tricks
- You can use peach gelatin if you’re not a fan of the flavor of the orange gelatin. You can use lemon instead of pineapple gelatin. Any flavor of orange or yellow Jell-O will work and is sure to be a hit.
- If you don’t have whipped cream vodka, you can use a half cup of vanilla vodka for each layer. Plain vodka or rum would also work in this recipe.
- To ensure that your colored layers don’t run together, give the layers, at least, 90 minutes to set before adding another on top. You’ll also want to make sure the second layer has cooled completely to room temperature before you add it.
- If you want your shots to have a more vivid color, particularly for the yellow layer, you can add 1 or 2 drops of yellow food coloring to the Jello before pouring it into the cups.
Can This Recipe Be Made Alcohol-free?
Absolutely. Just replace the vodka with cold water, and you’ll have shots that are equally pretty and fun Halloween treats, yet suitable for kids and others who aren’t drinking.
Can These Shots Be Made In Advance?
Sure! These shots can be made up to a couple of days in advance and stored in the fridge. For best results, use shot glasses that have lids.
Can I Use Something Other than Shot Glasses for this Recipe?
These shots are a fun treat to make in all sorts of shapes. You can make the layers in a lined baking pan, then cut them into shapes with small cookie cutters. You can also make them in silicone molds.
More Delicious Jello Shots
- Green Apple Fireball Jello Shots
- 4th of July Jello Shots
- Halloween Jello Shots
- Pina Colada Jello Shots
- Rainbow Jello Shots
- Strawberry Whipped Cream Shots
- Orange Creamsicle Shots
Candy Corn Jello Shots
- Place 16 Jello shot cups on a large baking sheet.
- Boil 1 cup of water in a small saucepan over medium heat. Remove the pan from the heat and whisk in the pineapple Jello mix. Stir until the mix is completely dissolved.1 box pineapple jello (3 ounce size), 4 cups water
- Stir a half cup of vodka into the Jello mixture.1 1/2 cups whipped cream vodka
- Add a half cup of cold water and stir again.4 cups water
- Pour the yellow layer into each of the individual cups, filling each about a quarter to a third of the way to the top. Move the cups to the refrigerator and chill for about 2 hours.
- To make the orange layer, bring 1 cup of water to boil in a small saucepan. Remove the water from the heat and whisk in the orange Jello powder.4 cups water, 1 box orange jello (3 ounce size)
- Stir until the mix is dissolved, then add a half cup of water and a half cup of vodka.1 1/2 cups whipped cream vodka
- Allow the Jello to cool completely then pour the second layer into your plastic cups on top of the yellow layer. Move the cups back to the refrigerator to chill for another 2 hours.
- For the final layer, whisk together 1 cup of water and one of the Knox unflavored gelatin packets in a small saucepan. Heat just until the mixture is hot and steamy and the gelatin dissolves – no need to bring it to a boil.4 cups water, 1 pack Knox gelatin
- Whisk in a half cup vodka.1 1/2 cups whipped cream vodka
- Add the sweetened condensed milk and continue to whisk until the mixture is well combined.1 can sweetened condensed milk
- Allow mixture to cool completely, then add the top layer to your Jello shots.
- Move the shots to the refrigerator to chill for another 2 hours.
- Just before serving, top your candy corn jello shots with whipped cream and a piece of candy corn.whipped cream, 16 pieces candy corn
- To ensure that your colored layers don’t run together, be sure the first layer is thoroughly chilled before adding another on top, and make sure the second layer has cooled completely to room temperature before you add it.