This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
This Cold Jalapeno Popper Dip with Bacon is creamy and cheesy with a delicious spicy kick. A perfect blend of jalapenos, cream cheese, shredded cheese, and savory bacon makes this the ultimate party appetizer.
Table of Contents
Easy Jalapeno Popper Dip Recipe
If you’re looking for a new dip recipe to add to your game-day lineup, this recipe is a flavor-packed MVP! It has all of the flavors of yummy baked Jalapeno Poppers but in the form of a cold, creamy dip.
The smoky bacon and tangy cream cheese flavors pair perfectly with crunchy veggies, crispy crackers, or chips. But it’s so good that you’ll be tempted to eat it with a spoon! For more of these tasty flavors, check out this Jalapeno Popper Chicken Flatbread or these Jalapeno Popper Pinwheels!
Why We Love This Recipe
- Easy to make: This easy appetizer is so simple to make, using a handful of ingredients and only about 10 minutes of prep time.
- Crowd pleasing appetizer: The mix of creamy, cheesy, and spicy ingredients is always a hit at game day parties, potlucks, and gatherings.
- Make ahead: This is a great recipe to make a day in advance. The flavors get even better!
You really can’t go wrong with a good cream cheese dip! If you’re looking for more like this, you’ll want to check out these tasty cream cheese dip recipes!
- Cream cheese, softened
- Sour cream
- Colby jack cheese
- Garlic powder
- Lime juice
- Bacon, fully cooked and chopped into bits
- Fresh jalapeños, diced
How to Make this Jalapeno Popper Dip Recipe
Step 1. Combine the cream cheese, mayo, and sour cream in a medium mixing bowl. Use a hand mixer to blend the mixture until it’s smooth and until there aren’t any large lumps from the cream cheese.
Step 2. Reserve a small handful of the cheese, crumbled bacon, and diced jalapenos to use as a topping. Then use a rubber spatula to mix the rest of the ingredients together with the cream cheese mixture. Mix well, making sure to scrape the edges of the bowl.
Tip: Not a fan of spicy dip? Just make sure to remove the seeds from the peppers. You can also make the dip with half the amount of peppers or even omit them altogether.
Step 3. Cover the jalapeno popper dip and place it inside the refrigerator to chill for 30 minutes or until ready to serve.
Step 4. When ready to serve, garnish with the remaining cheese, crispy bacon, and jalapeño pieces.
Tip: To help make it soft enough to spread on crackers, let it stand at room temperature for 10 to 15 minutes before you serve it.
How to Serve Cold Jalapeno Popper Dip with Bacon
You can serve it with tortilla chips, your favorite crackers, pita chips, or pretzels. For a healthier option, try this jalapeño popper dip with mini bell peppers, celery sticks, or broccoli and cauliflower florets.
Delicious Variations and Add-ins for Jalapeno Dip
- Jalapenos: We use fresh jalapenos, but you can use pickled jalapenos if you prefer. For a milder dip, you can use chopped green bell pepper in place of the jalapeños.
- Cheeses: To make this dip, you can use just about any kind of cheese you like. Shredded cheddar cheese or mozzarella cheese are great choices. Or, for a little more kick, pepper jack will definitely make pepper lovers happy.
- Bacon: While this irresistible dip recipe calls for cooked bacon strips, broken into pieces, you can use store-bought bacon bits instead. They may not be as crunchy, but you’ll get the same savory flavor.
- Other tasty additions: You can make jalapeno popper dip with other delicious additions too. Sun-dried tomatoes, green chilies, caramelized onions or roasted red peppers are all great ideas.
Can I Serve this Cheese Dip Hot?
Though this party dip is best served chilled, you can bake it and serve it warm. To do so, add it to a baking dish. Bake at 375°F degrees for about 15 minutes before serving (or until warmed through).
Are There Other Ways to Use This Dip?
- Charcuterie dip: This dip makes the perfect dip to serve on a charcuterie board with fresh veggies, chips, and crackers. You can see more charcuterie board dips here.
- Stuffed mini peppers: Fill halved mini bell peppers with the dip, creating bite-sized poppers that offer a burst of flavor and texture.
- Bread bowl: Add a fun twist to how you serve it by hollowing out a round bread loaf and adding the dip into the center. Serve the pieces of bread on the side for dipping.
- Sandwich or lettuce wrap: Spread the dip onto lettuce leaves, tortillas, or flatbreads, add some sliced turkey or ham, and roll them up to create a flavorful wrap.
- Stuffed Mushrooms: Use the dip as a stuffing for large mushroom caps, top with crushed Ritz crackers, and bake until the mushrooms are tender.
- Mini slider topping: Take mini sliders to a whole new level by slathering the dip onto the buns before adding the deli meat.
- Bruschetta: Spread the dip on toasted baguette slices and top with diced tomatoes and fresh cilantro or basil for a delicious hand-held appetizer.
Want More Dip Recipes?
- Frank’s Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Easy White Queso
- Easy Beer Cheese Dip
- Easy Sausage Cheese Dip
- Sour Cream Veggie Dip
Cold Jalapeño Popper Dip With Bacon
- Combine the cream cheese, mayo, and sour cream in a medium mixing bowl. Use a hand mixer to blend the mixture until it’s smooth and until there aren’t any large lumps from the cream cheese.8 ounces cream cheese, ⅓ cup mayonnaise, ⅓ cup sour cream
- Reserve a small handful of the cheese, crumbled bacon, and diced jalapenos to use as a topping. Then use a rubber spatula to mix the garlic powder, salt, pepper and lime juice together with the cream cheese mixture. Mix well, making sure to scrape the edges of the bowl.1 cup colby jack cheese, 4 strips of bacon, 2 fresh jalapeno peppers, ½ teaspoon salt, ½ teaspoon garlic powder, ¼ teaspoon pepper, ½ tablespoon lime juice
- Cover the jalapeno popper dip and place it inside the refrigerator to chill for 30 minutes or until ready to serve.
- When ready to serve, garnish with the remaining cheese, crispy bacon, and jalapeño pieces.
- Want your dip a little more on the mild side? Just remove the seeds from the peppers before adding them. You can also use half the amount of peppers.
- Let your dip stand at room temperature for 10 to 15 minutes before you serve it so that it’ll be soft enough to spread easily on crackers.