This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
These Pumpkin Pie Pudding Shots are sure to be a huge hit at your Halloween party this year. Part sweet creamy dessert and part delicious cocktail, this treat is a shot of fall fun and one of our favorite new recipes for pumpkin season!
Move over Jello shots, these pumpkin pudding shots are about to become your new favorite boozy party treat. Pumpkin spice pudding is mixed with Cool Whip and RumChata and then topped with more whipped cream for a delicious treat that’s full of flavor.
If you’ve never tried a pudding shot before, you’ve been missing out. But don’t worry – this easy recipe is the perfect way to bring the fun of pudding shots into your life. Now this pumpkin version is one of our favorite pudding shot recipes for the fall season.
Whether you shoot it or savor it with a spoon, you’ll love the rich sweet taste and smooth creamy texture of this treat. The best part is that it’ll look pretty on your party table too!
💖Why We Love This Recipe
It’s Unique – Everyone is familiar with Jello shots, but these creamy pudding shots are a new fun twist on the party staple. They just might become your favorite new pumpkin creation.
It’s Easy – There are just 5 simple ingredients including the garnish. That means you can whip up this impressive and delicious no-bake treat in minutes.
You Get Two Treats in One – This recipe is a creamy and delicious dessert with the boozy kick of a cocktail. It’s sweet, satisfying, and fun!
- Pumpkin spice pudding mix – creates the base for your shots
- Milk – helps the pudding to set
- RumChata – adds the boozy kick and delicious cinnamon vanilla flavor
- Cool Whip – adds sweetness and a smooth creamy texture
- Whipped Cream – for topping your shots
- Fall sprinkles – makes your shots look festive and fun!
How to Make Pumpkin Pudding Shots
Step 1: Place your instant pudding mix in a large bowl. Pour in 2 cups of milk.
Step 2: Add the RumChata. Whisk everything together for about 2 minutes until well combined.
Step 3: Whisk the Cool Whip into the pudding mixture.
Step 4: Transfer the pudding mixture into 2 oz. plastic shot cups.
Step 5: Top with whipped cream (you can use fresh whipped cream or more Cool Whip) and fall sprinkles.
Tips & Tricks
- Try using a piping bag or a medium cookie scoop for a quick and easy way to fill your pudding cups with no mess.
- Add a sprinkle of cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice or put some graham cracker crumbs on top of the whipped cream for even more pumpkin pie flavor.
- If you don’t have RumChata, you could also use Bailey’s Irish Cream, pumpkin spice liqueur, or white chocolate liqueur in this recipe. Pinnacle even makes a pumpkin pie vodka that would be delicious in these shots.
- Feel free to try out different flavors of pudding mix – vanilla, banana, or butterscotch pudding would all be delicious.
- You can find the plastic shot glasses at most grocery stores, Party City or on Amazon.
- For an extra fancy presentation, try serving these in real shot glasses or mini mason jars instead of plastic shot cups and add a cinnamon sugar rim.
These shots are super easy to whip up whenever you need them, but you can make them a couple days in advance if you need to. They’ll keep in the fridge for a day or two with lids or covered with plastic wrap. Just be sure to wait until you are ready to serve before adding the whipped cream on top.
More Delicious Pumpkin Treats
- Pumpkin Cheesecake Parfait
- Cake Mix Pumpkin Muffins
- No Bake Pumpkin Lasagna Dessert
- Pumpkin Pie Crescent Rolls
- Pumpkin Spice Cake
Pumpkin Pie Pudding Shots
- Place the pudding mix in a large bowl and add milk.2 boxes Pumpkin Spice pudding mix, 2 cups milk
- Add the RumChata and whisk everything together for about 2 minutes.1 cup RumChata
- Whisk the Cool Whip into the pudding mixture.8 ounces Cool Whip
- Transfer the pudding mixture into 2 oz. plastic shot cups.
- Top with whipped cream and fall sprinkles.Whipped cream and sprinkles for garnish
- Use a piping bag or a medium cookie scoop to fill your pudding cups easily and with no mess.
- Don’t have RumChata? You could substitute Bailey’s Irish Cream, pumpkin spice liqueur, white chocolate liqueur or Pinnacle’s pumpkin pie vodka instead.