This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
These refreshing orange Jello shots are a classic 2-ingredient treat that’s incredibly easy to make. Packed with plenty of fruity orange flavor, these boozy shots are perfect for your next party!
It’s no wonder that Jello shots are an all time favorite party treat. From Margarita Jello Shots to Pina Colada Jello Shots, these are a crowd pleaser that’s delicious, inexpensive, and easy (and so much more fun than a regular shot)!
These shots are even easier than most, featuring the simple and classic combination of vodka and orange. Just add a little whipped cream to take these from ordinary shot to perfect party treat.
Like most Jello shot recipes, these can be made in advance and kept in the refrigerator for hours, or even overnight. With their easy single-serving containers, these are super convenient for parties and clean-up is a breeze too! Try these boozy treats the next time you want the perfect party shots!
Why We Love This Recipe
Easy – These delicious and boozy treats are as easy as making Jello. You only need to buy 2 ingredients and you can prepare these in minutes.
Great for Parties – Jello shots are a classic party favorite, and not only is this an easy recipe but you can make them in advance and just pull them out when you’re ready to serve. The orange flavor is super refreshing for summer gatherings but would be great for a Halloween party as well.
Budget-Friendly – A bottle of vodka will make several batches of these shots, and Jello mix is inexpensive, so you can serve a large crowd without spending a lot of money.
- Orange Jell-o
- Boiling water
- Cold water
- Whipped cream (or Cool Whip) for topping (optional)
- Fresh oranges for topping (optional)
- Plastic shot cups
How to Make Orange Jello Shots
Step 1: Bring 2 cups of water to a boil, then add the orange gelatin mix. Whisk until gelatin is completely dissolved.
Step 2: Stir in 1 cup cold water and 1 cup vodka.
Step 3: Divide the Jello mixture evenly between 2 ounce plastic cups. Move the cups to the refrigerator to chill for at least 2 hours, or until ready to serve.
Step 4: Right before serving, add the whipped cream on top. If you want to get fancy, you can add some fresh orange slices or twisted orange rinds as garnish too.
Tips & Tricks
- Substitute a flavored vodka for the regular vodka. Vanilla or citrus flavors would be delicious and whipped cream vodka makes your shots taste like an orange creamsicle. You can also replace half of the vodka with triple sec or other orange liqueur.
- Be careful about adding extra vodka. It may be tempting to use more than the recipe calls for, but too much alcohol will prevent your shots from setting properly.
- Spray some coconut oil or non-stick cooking spray in the bottom of each cup to make the shots easier to get out.
- Wait to garnish your orange shots with whipped cream until just before serving. If you garnish too soon, the cream may start to melt.
- If you don’t have shot cups, plastic shot glasses or condiment cups will also work.
Keep them covered in the refrigerator and they should keep for 4-5 days. If you don’t have Jello shot cups with lids, simply cover them with plastic wrap.
There’s no need to get anything too expensive. Just choose your favorite mid-priced brand. I like to use Tito’s or Smirnoff brand. Pinnacle also makes a delicious whipped cream vodka that can be used to turn these into dreamsicle Jello shots.
More Delicious Vodka Jello Shot Recipes
Once you see what a hit these are, you’ll want to make Jell-o shots for every party! Why not give some of these fun flavors a try too…
- Cherry Limeade Jello Shots
- Lemonade Jello Shots
- Cotton Candy Jello Shots
- Rainbow Jello Shots
- Orange Creamsicle Jello Shots
Orange Jello Shots
- 6 ounces orange jello (2) 3 ounce boxes
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 cup cold water
- 1 cup vodka
- Whipped cream for garnish
- Bring 2 cups of water to a boil, then whisk in the orange gelatin mix. Whisk together until Jello is dissolved.6 ounces orange jello, 2 cups boiling water
- Stir in 1 cup cold water and 1 cup vodka.1 cup cold water, 1 cup vodka
- Divide the Jello mixture evenly between 2-ounce plastic cups. Move the cups to the refrigerator to chill for at least 2 hours.
- Just before serving, top the shots with whipped cream.Whipped cream for garnish
- You may be tempted to add extra alcohol but don’t get too heavy handed. Too much alcohol can keep the Jello from setting.
- If you want to get extra fancy, add some fresh orange slices too for garnish too.