Originally published 2016
Somebody needs to take the candy corn bag away from me. I can't seem to help myself and I've made yet another candy corn recipe! I can't get enough and have made everything from candy corn pretzels to candy corn meringue cookies. It's just so good, and since we only get it this time of year, I'm going to take full advantage.
Halloween bark just begs for candy corn and it's the perfect combination, don't you think? Not only do I love eating it but I love how easy it is to make. With just a few minutes and a few ingredients, you can whip up a batch in no time!
All you'll need for this Halloween bark is a little white chocolate, yellow and orange food coloring, yellow and orange sprinkles and of course, candy corn.
Before you melt your chocolate, line a cookie sheet with wax paper. Though some white chocolate says that you can melt it in the microwave, I get better results when I use the stove. If you have a double boiler, perfect. If not, just fill a saucepan with about an inch of water, place a bowl on top and melt your chocolate in that top bowl.
Stir frequently and when it's completely melted, pour the white chocolate onto the wax paper lined cookie sheet.
Next, add drops of orange and yellow food coloring and swirl them through the chocolate with a toothpick.
Top with yellow and orange sprinkles...
...and add candy corn.
Now comes the fun part...your chocolate bark is ready to eat!
If you like sweets, you're going to LOVE this!
This melt in your mouth candy corn bark is perfect for a Halloween parties or even a fun BOO basket. Who would you share it with?
- Use a double boiler to melt white chocolate over low heat, stirring frequently. If you don't have a double boiler, boil about an inch of water in a saucepan and place a bowl over the top. Reduce heat, add chocolate to the top bowl and stir until melted.
- Pour chocolate over a piece of wax paper and spread with a spatula.
- Dip toothpicks in orange and yellow food coloring gel and swirl through the chocolate.
- Sprinkle orange and yellow sprinkles over the top.
- Add candy corn and enjoy!