This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
These easy homemade shake and bake pork chops not only make the perfect easy dinner for busy weeknights, they taste amazing too! Your family will come running when they know that you’re serving this delicious pork chop recipe for dinner!
I am all about the easy sheet pan recipes! Whether it’s a sheet pan chicken and veggies recipe or simple side dish like roasted potatoes and veggies, these easy peasy recipes are perfect for a quick weeknight dinner!
That’s why this homemade version of shake ‘n bake pork chops make such a great recipe! You literally just throw all the ingredients in a plastic storage bag, shake it up and bake.
My whole family absolutely loves this delicious pork chop dinner! I can’t blame them because they turn out SO awesome every single time! It’s the perfect tasty dinner for when I want to make a real meal (as in, no frozen pizza) but don’t have a ton of time.
The best part? You can make this easy pork chop recipe in just 30 minutes!
What’s Needed for Homemade Shack & Bake Pork Chops
- Pork chops
- Plain bread crumbs
- Garlic powder
- Italian seasoning
- Onion powder
- Black pepper
- Olive oil
- Parsley for garnish
How To Make Shake and Bake Pork Chops
Step 1: Combine bread crumbs and other dry ingredients in a gallon size storage bag. Add olive oil and shake well.
Note: If you don’t have freezer bags, you can make this homemade crumb mixture in a large bowl instead (you just won’t be able to do the shaking).
Step 2: Close the top of the plastic bag, then shake the ingredients to mix them together.
Step 3: Add pork chops to the bread crumb mixture one at a time. Shake until completely covered.
Step 4: Place the pork chops on an ungreased baking sheet. You can also line it with aluminum foil for easy cleanup.
Step 5: Cook for 20 minutes, turning halfway through. You’ll know your chops are ready when a meat thermometer reads 145° and your pork chops are a golden brown.
How Long Do You Cook Shake and Bake Pork Chops?
Because pork chops can vary so much (thick vs. thin, bone in vs. boneless, etc), your cooking times may vary. For this recipe, I cooked medium, bone in pork chops and took about 20 minutes total. I never wing it when it comes to meat though and swear by my meat thermometer. When pork chops reach an internal temperature of 145°, you’re good to go.
Do You Flip Shake and Bake Pork Chops?
Yes, you’ll get the best results if you flip the pork chops about halfway through. Otherwise, the breading on top may be a little dry. Flipping the pork allows the juices to flow on both sides.
What Side Dishes Go with Shake and Bake Pork Chops?
The great thing about these delicious pork chops is that you can serve them with so many different sides! These are some of our favorites:
- Baked beans with bacon
- Roasted potatoes and veggies
- Sweet potatoes
- Rosemary garlic mashed potatoes
- French fries
- Green beans
- Green salad
Can I Freeze Leftovers?
Shake and bake pork chops have a nice golden-brown crust on the outside, that once frozen loses it texture. That’s why it’s really recommended that you serve them when freshly baked.
Fortunately, easy pork chop recipes, like this one, means you can have them ready an on the table in half an hour!
Tips for Making the Best Baked Pork Chops
- Pick the right thickness and type of pork chops. If you are pan frying pork chops, thin pork chops, like breakfast cut, are a great choice. But for this oven baked pork chop recipe, you’ll want thick pork chops that are about an inch thick. You can use either bone-in or boneless center-cut pork chops. If you happen to catch a pork loin on sale, you can cut your own chops from it, which is a great way to have delicious pork chops for a crowd.
- It is really hard to gauge when a pork chop is done just by looking at it while it’s in the oven. You want really juicy pork chops that are done all the way through. The best way to do that is to use an instant read meat thermometer. It will become your new best friend in the kitchen by taking the guess work out of wondering when meat is done.
- To help the breading stick, the surface of the chops should always be dry. Blot them off with a few paper towels before adding them to the bag.
- Before you begin cooking, take a look at the pork chops to make sure they are nice and even in thickness. This will help ensure that your pork chops cook evenly all over. If you have a thicker end, just take a meat mallet and pound them out until they are evened up.
- Let your chops rest for about 10 minutes after you take them out of the oven. This gives all those delicious juices time to redistribute throughout the chop.
Want More Delicious Dinner Recipes?
- Chicken Pasta Bake
- Turkey Meatloaf with Mushrooms, Spinach and Feta
- Easy Chicken Piccata
- Meatless Baked Ziti
- Easy Taco Stuffed Peppers
- Easy Homemade Lasagna
- One Pan Philly Cheese Steak Pasta
Shake And Bake Pork Chops
Homemade shake and bake pork chops are a busy mom's best friend! Not only are they ready in 30 minutes but they taste so amazing, your family will be begging for seconds!
- 6 pork chops
- 1 1/2 cups bread crumbs
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- Parsley for garnish
- Preheat oven to 425
- Make the breading mixture by placing all the dry ingredients in a gallon size storage bag. Add olive oil and mix well.
- One at a time, add pork chops to the breadcrumb mixture and shake until completely covered.
- Place pork chops on a cookie sheet and bake for 10 minutes on one side. Turn over and bake for ten minutes more. Pork chops are done when they reach an internal temperature of 145.
- Garnish with chopped parsley and enjoy.
- If you don't have olive oil, canola oil or vegetable oil makes a great alternative.
- Though I prefer to make this pork chop recipe with regular bread crumbs, I've substituted panko bread crumbs in a pinch.
- This seasoning mix also tastes great with boneless pork chops and pork cutlets. You can even use it with boneless chicken. You'll just have to adjust the cooking time and use your instant read thermometer to determine when your pork chops are done.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 499Total Fat: 26gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 15gCholesterol: 132mgSodium: 673mgCarbohydrates: 20gFiber: 1gSugar: 2gProtein: 44g
beatiful very tasty
Thanks so much! I’m glad you liked it as much as we do!