This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
These Christmas Charcuterie Board Ideas are all the fun and festive inspiration you need for your holiday parties and family gatherings. Whether you’re looking for something savory, sweet or a little bit of both, these great ideas are sure to make your holiday table merry and bright!
What is a Charcuterie Board?
Original charcuterie boards were originally made using various types of cold cut meats and were served as a hearty appetizer before the main course. The word “charcuterie,” literally means “cooked meats.” However, over the last several years these boards, also known as grazing boards, have taken on a whole new life. I, for one, could not be more thrilled!
From breakfast boards, fruit and veggie boards to dessert boards and all sorts of themed boards in between, charcuterie boards are so much fun to put together and people always gravitate towards them! Plus, these make such a colorful and elegant presentation on your table and are perfect for just about any occasion.
🔪 Recommended Tools for Charcuterie Boards
To make a successful charcuterie board, it’s important to have a few of these supplies on hand. They help organize the board and make it easier for your guests to serve themselves:
- Large cutting board – A non-porous wood, slate or marble board works best.
- Serving platter – If you don’t have a cutting board, you can use any food-safe large tray or platter that you have on hand.
- Cheese knives – Place several of these on the platter to help cut harder cheeses.
- Cheese spreader- Great for spreading soft cheeses onto crackers.
- Small bowls – These are great for keeping wet items like jams, dips, pickles or sweet peppers separate from the dry items, while also adding some dimension to the board.
- Small cookie cutter – This works great for when you want to cut various cheeses and fruits into different shapes. Stars and Christmas tree shapes are really popular choices for the holiday season.
- Party picks (frill picks)- You can get these from the grocery store or dollar store. Put them in a couple of cute shot glasses to help grab olives or other small items.
- Mini tongs- These are great to have on the board to grab heavier slices of meat or cheese or cookies and pretzels.
🎄 Best Christmas Charcuterie Board Ideas
With charcuterie boards being all the craze right now, what better way to serve appetizers or snacks for parties or social gatherings than with creative and festive charcuterie boards.
Filled with finger foods that have a variety of colors, textures and tastes, these grazing boards are perfect for snacking in the kitchen with friends and family while preparing a meal or just enjoying a nice glass of wine!
1. Cute Santa Christmas Charcuterie Board
2. Charcuterie Style Christmas Caprese Salad
3. Candy Cane Charcuterie Board
4. Christmas Charcuterie Wreath (just 5 Ingredients)
5. Mozzarella Cheese and Olive Wreath
6. Christmas Wreath Charcuterie With Fruit
7. Festive Christmas Wreath Charcuterie Board
8. Easy Pinwheel Christmas Tree Appetizer
9. Christmas Tree Appetizer Board
10. Simple Christmas Tree Charcuterie Board
11. Christmas Tree Cheese Board
12. Christmas Charcuterie Board
13. Christmas Cookie Charcuterie Board
14. Christmas Dessert Charcuterie Board
15. Festive and Fun Hot Chocolate Charcuterie Board
16. Christmas Cheese Board
17. Breakfast Charcuterie Board
18. Candy Cane Charcuterie Board
These charcuterie boards are so creative and delicious, they’re guaranteed to be a hit at your holiday parties! If you’re looking for even more holiday recipes, you’ll want to check these out: