This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
These Christmas Charcuterie Board Ideas are all the fun and creative inspiration you need for your holiday parties and family gatherings. Whether you’re looking for something savory, sweet, or a little bit of both, these ideas are sure to make your holiday merry and bright!
Originally posted November 2022 / Updated October 2023
Table of Contents
What is a Charcuterie Board?
The original charcuterie boards were originally made using various types of cold cut meats and were served as a hearty appetizer before the main course. The word “charcuterie,” literally means “cooked meats.” However, over the last several years, these boards, also known as grazing boards, have taken on a whole new life. I, for one, could not be more thrilled!
From breakfast boards, fruit and veggie boards, dessert boards, and all sorts of themed boards in between, they’re so much fun to make. Set them out and watch as people gravitate towards them! Plus, these make such a colorful and elegant presentation on your table and are perfect for just about any occasion.
Recommended Tools to Make a Charcuterie Board
To make a successful holiday charcuterie board, it’s important to have a few of these supplies on hand. They help organize the board and make it easier for your guests to serve themselves:
- Big board: You don’t have to use a specific type of. Any non-porous wooden board, slate, or marble board works fine. We really love this popular bamboo cheese board and knife set from Amazon!
- Serving platter: If you don’t have or can’t find a cutting board, you can’t go wrong with using any food-safe large tray or platter that you have on hand.
- Cheese knives: Place several of these on the platter to help cut harder cheeses like gouda and parmesan.
- Cheese spreader: Great for spreading soft types of cheese, like brie or goat cheese, onto crackers.
- Small bowls: These are great for keeping wet items like jams, dips, pickles, or sweet peppers separate from the dry items, while also adding some dimension to the board.
- Small cookie cutter: This works great for when you want to cut various cheeses and fruits into different shapes. Stars and Christmas tree shapes are really popular choices for the holiday season.
- Party picks (frill picks): Don’t forget to set out some frill picks. You can get these at the grocery store or dollar store. Put them in a couple of cute shot glasses to help grab olives or other small items.
- Mini tongs: These are great to have on the board to grab heavier slices of pepperoni, salami, or other types of meat or cheese. They’re also great for picking up cookies, pretzels, or other finger foods.
- Fresh herbs: Though not a tool, sprigs of fresh herbs are great for filling in empty spaces.
🎄 Best Christmas Charcuterie Board Ideas
With these boards being all the craze right now, what better way to serve appetizers or snacks for parties or holiday gatherings than with creative and festive Christmas themed versions.
Filled with finger foods that have a variety of colors, textures, and tastes, these grazing boards are perfect for snacking in the kitchen with friends and family. They also make great appetizers while enjoying a nice glass of wine!
Candy Cane Boards
Christmas Tree Charcuterie Boards
Christmas Cheese Boards
More Holiday Charcuterie Boards
More Easy Holiday Recipes
Not only are they simple to assemble, these boards are so creative and delicious that they’re guaranteed to be a hit at your holiday get-togethers! If you’re looking for even more holiday recipes, you’ll want to check these out.
- Christmas Tree Cupcakes
- Nutter Butter Reindeer Cookies
- White Chocolate Christmas Chex Mix
- Christmas Poke Cake
- Christmas Mint Candy
- Gingerbread Fudge
Christmas Charcuterie Board Ideas
- Cute Santa Christmas Charcuterie Board
- Charcuterie Style Christmas Caprese Salad
- Candy Cane Charcuterie Board
- Christmas Charcuterie Wreath
- Mozzarella Cheese and Olive Wreath
- Christmas Wreath Charcuterie With Fruit
- Festive Christmas Wreath Charcuterie Board
- Easy Pinwheel Christmas Tree Appetizer
- Christmas Tree Appetizer Board
- Simple Christmas Tree Charcuterie Board
- Christmas Tree Cheese Board
- Christmas Charcuterie Board
- Christmas Cookie Charcuterie Board
- Christmas Dessert Charcuterie Board
- Festive and Fun Hot Chocolate Charcuterie Board
- Choose your favorite Christmas charcuterie board idea.
- Make your grocery shopping list and gather the ingredients.
- Assemble, serve and enjoy!