This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
This classic Bacardi daiquiri recipe may just be one of the most popular and delicious cocktail recipes for summer. With just a little simple syrup, fresh lime juice, rum, and ice cubes, it’s an easy to make frozen drink that’s perfect for everything from a patio happy hour or your next pool day.
There are few drinks more refreshing than a classic daiquiri, and this frozen variety is simple and delicious. With plenty of fresh lime flavor, the perfect amount of sweetness from the simple syrup, and the smooth taste of Bacardi rum, this is one of our favorite easy recipes.
It’s also the perfect drink recipe to kick off your next party. Easier than a margarita and lighter than a Pina Colada, this fruity cocktail is a true crowd pleaser. So get your blender and your chilled cocktail glasses ready – the classic frozen daiquiri is about to become your new favorite summer party drink.
Why We Love This Recipe
It’s Easy – We can’t think of a cocktail recipe that’s easier than this classic drink, and there’s a good chance that you already have all the main ingredients on hand. It comes together in minutes and doesn’t even require a cocktail shaker, so there’s no need to wait for a party or special occasion to make these delicious daiquiris.
It’s Perfect for Summer – The fresh citrus flavor and icy texture are reminiscent of a delicious lime slushie. This one will definitely cool you off on a hot day and is the perfect complement to all your warm weather activities. (Use this portable blender to make them poolside or at the beach).
Great for Parties – Not only is it super quick and easy to make, but it’s made in a blender, making it easy to whip up a large batch for a crowd. And if you need a kid-friendly frozen treat, you can simply modify the original recipe. Just omit the rum and turn this into a lime slushie.
- 4 oz. white rum
- 4 oz. lime juice
- 2 oz. simple syrup
- 2 cups ice
- Fresh lime wedges and wheels for garnish
How to Make a Classic Bacardi Daiquiri
Step 1: Make the simple syrup by combining 1 cup water and 1 cup sugar in a small saucepan. Heat the mixture until boiling, and then continue to boil 3-4 for minutes, until all of the sugar is dissolved. Let cool.
NOTE: If you want to save a little time, you can use store-bought simple syrup instead of making your own.
Step 2: Add ice to your blender.
Step 3: Pour lime juice over the ice.
Step 4: Add simple syrup and rum.
Step 4: Blend on high speed until smooth, and then pour the daiquiris into two coupe or daiquiri glasses. Garnish with a slice of lime or a lime wedge.
Tips & Tricks
- Save time by making your simple syrup ahead of time and storing it in the fridge until you’re ready to use it. It should keep for at least two weeks in the fridge. You can also buy premade simple syrup at most grocery stores.
- Add a sugar or brown sugar rim to your glasses for an extra fancy and delicious garnish. And don’t forget the mini umbrellas – they’d go perfectly in this drink!
- If you prefer your daiquiris on the rocks, you can place all of the ingredients in a cocktail shaker and shake vigorously before straining the daiquiri into your cocktail glass.
- Make the version named for Ernest Hemingway for a fun twist on the classic recipe. For the Hemingway daiquiri, reduce the lime juice to 2 oz. and add 1 oz. of grapefruit juice and 1 oz. of maraschino liqueur.
- Although the original daiquiri recipe is delicious on its own, feel free to toss in some frozen strawberries or other frozen fruit for a slightly fruitier and sweeter take on this drink.
What Kind of Rum Should I Use?
A daiquiri is traditionally made with a dry white rum, like the Bacardi Superior Rum that we used. This will give your drink a nice clean and bright flavor.
However, if you only have dark rum on hand, feel free to use it – it just may give your drink a slightly stronger and more oaky flavor.
- Make the simple syrup by combining 1 cup water and 1 cup sugar in a small saucepan. Heat the mixture until boiling, and then continue to boil 3-4 for minutes, until all of the sugar is dissolved. Let cool.
- Add ice to your blender.
- Add lime juice.
- Pour in simple syrup and rum.
- Blend on high speed until smooth, and then pour each daiquiri into a chilled cocktail glass.
- Garnish with lime slices or wedges and enjoy!
- Although the classic daiquiri is delicious on its own, feel free to toss in some frozen strawberries or other frozen fruit for a slightly fruitier and sweeter take on this drink.
- If you want to save a little time, you can use store-bought simple syrup instead of making your own.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 229Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 29mgCarbohydrates: 28gFiber: 1gSugar: 14gProtein: 0g