This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
This Caribbean rum punch cocktail combines fruit juices with light and dark rum for a sweet and refreshing summer drink. As pretty as it is delicious, it’s guaranteed to make you feel like you’re in a tropical paradise!
Sweet pineapple juice, tangy orange juice, and spicy rum are a match made in heaven. So, it’s no surprise that rum punch is such a popular and classic cocktail. The tropical fruit punch taste evokes memories of tiki bars, blue ocean waves, and lazy beach vacation days on a Caribbean island.
This Caribbean rum punch recipe is the perfect drink for when you could use a little island flavor in your life. Quick to prepare and dangerously easy to drink, this tropical cocktail is perfect for enjoying at the pool or impressing your guests at a tiki party. And if you’ve never had a tiki party, this drink just might inspire you to throw one – it’s that good!
Why We Love This Recipe
It Looks as Good as it Tastes – With its beautifully layered colors of red and yellow, this fruity cocktail looks like a Caribbean sunset in a glass. It’s definitely one to wow a crowd and make you look like a professional bartender.
It Works as a Virgin Cocktail Too – You can enjoy the non-alcoholic base of this easy recipe without the rum if you need a need a version for non-drinkers. Virgin Caribbean punch is still full of bright flavors that are fruity and delicious, with the same layered colors and fun tropical presentation.
It’s a Great Party Drink – Anything with ‘punch’ in the name was made to be served for a crowd. Whether you’re making individual cocktails in a single glass or serving it up in as a big-batch cocktail in a large pitcher or punch bowl, this delicious recipe will definitely be a hit at your next party.
It’s Versatile – There are a lot of ways to make rum punch that all taste great. Don’t sweat it if you need to substitute one of the juice flavors. You can also play around with other ingredients. Add a splash of triple sec if you love orange flavor or add fizz in the form of club soda or sparkling wine. For a little hint of earthy spice, you can even add a few drops of Angostura bitters.
- Orange juice
- Pineapple juice
- Light rum
- Dark rum
- Fresh orange slices, pineapple chunks, and maraschino cherries for garnish
How to Make Caribbean Rum Punch
Step 1: Fill a tall cocktail glass with ice, then add the orange juice
Step 2. Next and the pineapple juice to the glass.
Step 3: Add the dark rum and light rum. Then give it a good stir.
Step 4: Top off the cocktail with a splash of grenadine syrup.
Step 5: Garnish with slices of fresh fruit and a maraschino cherry.
Tips & Tricks
- Want to add even more fruity tropical flavor these your sweet cocktails? Substitute a flavored rum for the regular light rum. Banana or coconut rum would be particularly delicious in this recipe, but there are several kinds of rum that you could use. Feel free to try any type of rum that sounds good to you.
- If the punch is a tad too sweet for you, you can cut a little of the sweetness with a splash of fresh lime juice or lemon juice.
- If you’re using lots of ice and you find that your drink is getting too diluted, try replacing some of the ice with frozen pineapple chunks, mango chunks, or berries. They’ll keep your drink cool without adding water.
- If you don’t have grenadine on hand, you could substitute a fruit-flavored simple syrup, like Toriani brand or something similar. Strawberry syrup, cherry, or any berry flavor would work. You could also use pomegranate juice in place of the grenadine.
Can I Make Rum Punch in Advance?
Yes, you can prepare this up to 24 hours in advance. Just wait until you’re ready to serve before adding any fresh fruit.
- Fill a tall cocktail glass with ice, then add the orange juice
- Next add the pineapple juice to the glass.
- Add the dark rum and light rum, then give it a good stir.
- Top off the cocktail with a splash of grenadine syrup, then garnish with slices of fresh fruit and a maraschino cherry.
- If the punch is too sweet for you, you can cut the sweetness by adding a splash of fresh lime juice or lemon juice.
Be sure to read the post above for more helpful tips & tricks
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 337Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 9mgCarbohydrates: 53gFiber: 5gSugar: 38gProtein: 2g