This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
This refreshing Coconut Mojito Recipe, with the tasty combination of coconut rum and cream of coconut, is a fun twist on your traditional mojito. Mix up a few of these delicious cocktails on a hot summer day and bring on the sunshine!
The traditional mojito is one of my favorite cocktails for summer parties and lazy days at the pool. The combination of fresh lime juice, cool mint, and white rum is incredibly refreshing and flavorful, and this coconut mojito recipe makes a good mojito even better. We added coconut rum, coconut cream, and brown sugar to kick the flavor up a notch, add a touch of creaminess, and turn the classic mojito into an amazing coconut cocktail. Once you try this version, you may never go back to the original.
Why We Love This Recipe
No Blender Required – Thanks to the coconut cream, this easy to make drink is thick and creamy like a blended drink, but there’s no blending needed. All you have to do is mix everything together and give it a shake!
You Get A Drink And Dessert In One – This fruity cocktail has so much creamy tropical flavor that it almost tastes like an adult milkshake. It’s not only great for happy hour, but also a perfect way to satisfy your sweet tooth and your dessert cravings.
It’s Versatile – There are lots of fruit flavors that taste great in a mojito, so experiment with your own mojito recipes. You turn this into a pineapple coconut mojito by substituting pineapple rum for the coconut rum. You can even omit the cream of coconut and use strawberry or raspberry liquor in place of the coconut rum.
- 6 mint leaves, plus extra for garnish
- 1 tsp. brown sugar
- 1 oz. lime juice
- 1 oz. white rum (Bacardi)
- 1 oz. coconut rum (Malibu)
- 1 oz. cream of coconut (we used Coco Real)
- 2-4 oz. club soda (use more for weaker drinks and less for stronger)
How to Make Coconut Mojitos
Step 1: Add mint leaves, lime juice, and brown sugar to a cocktail shaker. Muddle the mixture to release the oils from the mint leaves.
Step 2: Add a handful of ice cubes to the shaker and then add white rum.
Step 3: Add the coconut rum.
Step 4: Finally, add the cream of coconut.
Step 5: Shake the mixture until it’s chilled and thoroughly mixed.
Step 6: Strain your drink into a tall glass, then top with a splash of club soda or seltzer water and stir. Garnish with mint leaves and lime wheels or wedges and enjoy!
Tips & Tricks
- If you don’t have a cocktail muddler, you can use the back of a large spoon to muddle the mint, lime juice, and brown sugar. But if you love this drink as much as I do, you may decide to buy a muddler – it’s a great tool for your bar and there are lots of inexpensive options on Amazon.
- Don’t forget the garnish – a good mojito always has plenty of fresh mint leaves and a few fresh lime wedges on top. Be sure to buy extra mint and lime when you’re purchasing your ingredients. Add a sugar rim to your cocktail glass and some little umbrellas to shade your drinks from the sun and you’ve got the perfect finishing touch!
- Mojitos taste extra refreshing when perfectly chilled. Try putting your glasses in the freezer for 15-20 minutes before serving. Also, since your club soda isn’t going in the cocktail shaker with the rest of the liquids, be sure to keep it in the fridge so it’s chilled when you’re ready to top your drinks with it.
Yes! You can definitely turn this into a virgin coconut mojito. Simply replace the rum with coconut flavored coffee syrup, like Torani brand or something similar. The result is a family-friendly drink that’s equally delicious and refreshing.
Can I Make These in Advance?
These coconut mojitos taste best when thoroughly mixed and chilled, so for best results, you’ll want to serve them as soon as you make them.
More Cool Drink Recipes
- Pineapple Margarita Recipe
- Lemon Drop Shot Recipe
- White Wine Sangria
- Pina Colada Recipes
- 20 Of The Best Summer Cocktails
- Add mint leaves, lime juice, and brown sugar to a cocktail shaker. Muddle the mixture to release the oils from the mint leaves.
- Add a handful of ice cubes to the shaker and then add white rum.
- Add the coconut rum and cream of coconut.
- Shake the mixture until it’s chilled and thoroughly mixed.
- Strain your drink into a tall glass, then top with a splash of club soda or seltzer water and stir. Garnish with mint leaves and lime wheels or wedges and enjoy!
- If you don’t have a cocktail muddler, you can use the back of a large spoon to muddle the mint, lime juice, and brown sugar.
- Mojitos taste extra refreshing when perfectly chilled. Try putting your glasses in the freezer for 15-20 minutes before serving.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 655Total Fat: 35gSaturated Fat: 29gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 34mgSodium: 276mgCarbohydrates: 62gFiber: 13gSugar: 41gProtein: 6g