This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
This pineapple margarita recipe uses tropical flavor to create a fun twist on a classic margarita. Fruity and refreshing, this drink will make you feel like you’re on a tropical island even if you’re just relaxing by the pool. Try this one if you need a perfect cocktail for your next outdoor party or Cinco de Mayo celebration!
Now that the weather is starting to get warmer, it’s the perfect time for margaritas. We love them all this tropical pineapple version is one of our favorite delicious cocktail recipes.
Made with tequila, zesty lime juice, and the addition of sweet pineapple juice in place of the traditional triple sec, it’s the perfect refreshing drink for summer parties and pool days. Plus, with just three simple ingredients, this recipe is so quick that you can have a pineapple margarita ready any time you want to take your tastebuds on a tropical vacation!
Why We Love This Recipe
It’s Easy – You’ll never need bottled margarita mix again when it’s this simple to make a fresh margarita from scratch. Whether you’re making an individual cocktail or a large pitcher for a crowd, this recipe comes together in minutes and tastes fresh and delicious every time.
It’s Great for Parties – With its Mexican roots and tropical flavors, this drink works with all kinds of party themes. It’s great for Cinco de Mayo, a tiki-themed bash, or anything featuring tropical food and drink. And with its vibrant yellow color, it’s even prettier than your average margarita!
You Can Make A Fun Presentation – Tropical drinks practically require fancy garnishes, and there are tons of possibilities for this one. Fresh pineapple chunks, lime slices and maraschino cherries are all great choices. You could also swap the traditional margarita glass for a tiki glass with a fun straw or a mini cocktail umbrella.
- 2 oz. tequila
- 1 oz. lime juice
- 4 oz. pineapple juice
- salt for rimming
- lime slices and pineapple wedges for garnish
How to Make Pineapple Margaritas
Step 1: To rim your glass, pour a layer of salt onto a small plate. Run a lime wedge around the rim of the glass, then dip the glass into the salt, making sure the entire outer rim is coated.
Step 2: Add ice to your glass, followed by tequila.
Step 3: Add lime juice.
Step 4: Fill the remainder of the glass with the pineapple juice. Stir well to mix the ingredients together.
Step 5: Garnish with fresh lime and pineapple (or any tropical fruit you like). Enjoy!
Tips & Tricks
- If you have a cocktail shaker, you can use it for this recipe. Just combine all the ingredients with ice in the shaker (or a mason jar will work too), then shake vigorously and pour the contents (ice included) into your glass.
- Pineapple and jalapeño are a great match, so if you like a little bit of heat, you can make a spicy pineapple margarita by using jalapeño infused tequila and garnishing with fresh jalapeño slices.
- You can buy special margarita salt for rimming your glasses, but kosher salt and coarse sea salt work really well too, as the size of the grains are perfect for producing that restaurant-quality salt rim.
- You can add some spices to make your salted rim extra fancy and give it some great color. Combine salt with a bit of chili powder to make a spicy rim or add some fresh lime zest to make a lime salt rim. And if you don’t like your margaritas with salt, you can do a sugar rim instead.
- The best tequila for this recipe is any kind you like! Blanco tequila (also called silver) and gold tequila will both taste great. We generally like to go with a good mid-priced brand.
If you’re making these for a crowd, you can combine the tequila, lime juice and pineapple juice in a large pitcher and refrigerate the mixture until you’re ready to use it. But wait until right before serving to prepare your glasses and add the ice, so you don’t dilute your drinks.
Sure – you can omit the tequila and stir in some sparkling water, ginger ale, or Sprite. You’ll end up with a delicious mocktail that’s great for kids or any non-drinkers in your group.
More Tasty Drinks
- Rim your glass by pouring a layer of salt onto a small plate, running a lime wedge around the rim of the glass, then dipping the glass into the salt,
- Add ice to your glass, followed by tequila.
- Add lime juice.
- Fill the remainder of the glass with the pineapple juice. Stir well to mix the ingredients together.
- Garnish with fresh lime and pineapple (or any other tropical fruit you'd like). Enjoy!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 274Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 587mgCarbohydrates: 39gFiber: 4gSugar: 24gProtein: 2g