This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
These Oreo Cheesecake balls are an easy treat that combines the classic Oreo cookie flavor with the creamy taste and texture of rich cheesecake. This easy to make dessert is the perfect crowd-pleasing treat.
If you’re looking for an easy and delicious no bake treat that’s fancy enough for special occasions, look no further than these delicious Oreo cheesecake balls. Rich cream cheese and crushed Oreos combine to form these delicious bites, which are covered in a creamy dark chocolate.
With just a handful of ingredients, this easy dessert recipe is the perfect way to turn a package of Oreos into a special-occasion-worthy treat. Perfect for parties or gift giving, these bite sized Oreo balls look as good as they taste and are sure to win rave reviews at any gathering.
Why We Love This Recipe
It’s Easy – You just need four simple ingredients for this no bake Oreo balls recipe and it comes together in minutes.
Great for Parties – This crowd-pleasing recipe turns everyone’s favorite cookie into a decadent bite-sized treat.
Rich and Delicious – So creamy and full of rich chocolate cheesecake filling, these decadent Oreo truffles will satisfy your chocolate cravings in a hurry.
Oreo Ball Ingredients
- Softened cream cheese
- Oreo Cookies
- Semi-sweet chocolate
- White chocolate chips (or white almond bark)
How To Make Oreo Cheesecake Balls
Step 1: Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or wax paper.
Step 2: Crush the Oreo cookies into fine crumbs using a food processor. You can leave the cream center in the cookies.
Step 3: Combine the Oreo crumbs and cream cheese in a large mixing bowl. Mix until well combined.
Step 4: Using a small cookie scoop or a tablespoon, shape the Oreo cream cheese mixture into 1-inch balls and place them on the cookie sheet. Chill the balls in the fridge for about an hour or until firm.
Step 5: Melt the chocolate in the microwave, in 30 second increments, stirring in between until smooth. You could also melt the chocolate using a double boiler, if you have one.
Step 6: Use a fork to dip the chilled ball into the chocolate, spoon more chocolate over the top to coat it evenly.
Step 7: Tap off any excess chocolate and return the balls to
the cookie sheet. Refrigerate for 10-15 minutes, or until the chocolate is set.
Step 8: Melt the white chocolate in the microwave, stirring occasionally until smooth. Using a fork or a piping bag, drizzle the melted chocolate in a zigzag pattern over the chilled cheesecake balls.
Step 9: Serve chilled and enjoy!
Tips & Tricks
- Instead of white chocolate, try rolling the truffles in sprinkles, nuts, or more crushed Oreo cookie crumbs.
- When rolling the Oreo balls, spray your hands and spoon or cookie scoop with a bit of coconut oil to prevent sticking.
- Let your cream cheese come to room temperature before mixing it with the crushed Oreos. Chilled cream cheese will not mix as well, causing lumps in the cheesecake balls.
- If you don’t have a food processor, you can place Oreo cookies in a Ziploc bag and crush them with a rolling pin.
- This is a great recipe to make for the holidays! Dip these in white chocolate and drizzle with red and green candy melts for your holiday cookie tray.
If you’re lucky enough to have any left over, store your Oreo balls in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days.
Absolutely! This recipe would be delicious with Golden Oreos or any of the specialty varieties in place of regular Oreos. You can also use white or milk chocolate coating instead of dark.
More Delicious Oreo Desserts
Easy Oreo Cheesecake Balls
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or wax paper.
- Crush the Oreo cookies into fine crumbs using a food processor.36 Oreo cookies
- Add the Oreo cookie crumbs to a large mixing bowl. Mix in the cream cheese until well combined.8 ounces cream cheese
- Using a small cookie scoop or a tablespoon, shape the Oreo cream cheese mixture into 1-inch balls and place them on the cookie sheet. Chill the balls in the fridge for about an hour or until firm.
- Melt the chocolate in a double boiler or in the microwave, stirring occasionally until smooth. Dip the chilled Oreo cheesecake balls into the melted chocolate, using a fork or spoon to coat them evenly.16 ounces chocolate candy melts
- Tap off any excess chocolate and return the balls to the cookie sheet. Refrigerate for 10-15 minutes, or until the chocolate is set.
- Melt the white chocolate in the microwave, stirring occasionally until smooth. Using a fork or a piping bag, drizzle the melted chocolate in a zigzag pattern over the chilled cheesecake balls.8 ounces white chocolate candy melts
- Serve chilled and enjoy!