This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
These delicious Cheeseburger Cups are filled with ground beef, bacon, cheese and all the classic toppings of traditional burgers. Made in crispy wonton wrappers, they’re a fun and delicious dinner or the perfect bite-sized appetizer for parties.
Table of Contents
Easy Wonton Cheeseburger Cups
Who doesn’t love cheeseburgers? With these cheeseburger cups, you get all those same delicious flavors but in fun, mini serving sizes. Seasoned ground beef, savory bacon and cheese are baked in a crunchy wonton wrapper, then finished off with classic burger toppings, making them a guaranteed family favorite.
One of the things you’ll love most about this recipe is that they work as a delicious appetizer at your next party but they’re also hearty enough to serve as a main course. Just add a simple side salad, some fries or tater tots.
Why We Love this Recipe
- Kid-friendly: These mini burgers are a great way to get your little ones to eat their dinner. Even your pickiest eaters are going to love them.
- Versatile: You can serve these mini burgers as a bite-sized appetizer or as a fun twist for dinner with a simple side of tater tots or fries (these air fryer french fries work great). You can even switch things up and fill your cups with this delicious Big Mac salad!
- Easy recipe: They’re super easy to make. You just brown the beef, bake and add your toppings.
- Large frying pan
- Muffin pan
- Wooden spoon
- Wonton wrappers
- Ground beef
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Bacon-I use pre-cooked bacon to make it easy
- Dill pickle slices
- Shredded lettuce
How to Make Cheeseburger Cups
Heat oven to 350 degrees.
Step 1. Place 1/2-pound ground beef in a large skillet and break it up with a wooden spoon. Cook beef thoroughly on medium-high heat. Season with a pinch of salt and some black pepper to taste.
Step 2. While the ground beef is cooking, spray your muffin tin with a little cooking spray. Place two overlapping wonton wrappers in each muffin tin. Drain fat off of the cooked beef.
Step 3. Spoon beef mixture evenly among the wonton cups.
Step 4. Top each with 1/2 tbsp ketchup.
Step 5. Add 1 tbsp shredded cheese to each. (Or top with small slice of cheese)
Step 6. Bake at 350 for 10-12 minutes or until wonton wrappers turn golden brown.
Step 7. Divide bacon into 10 pieces (you may have some left over…enjoy a snack)
Step 8. When wonton muffin cups finish baking, top with bacon, pickle chip, lettuce and tomato. Serve hot and enjoy!
Store leftovers in the fridge in an airtight container for up to a couple of days.
Though these cheeseburger cups are best when freshly made, you can freeze any leftovers. Remove the lettuce and tomatoes, then just transfer them to an airtight, freezer container and freeze for up to two months.
For best results when reheating, place them back in a muffin tin and reheat in the oven until warm. Keep in mind, the wonton wrappers will not be as crispy as when they were first made, but they’ll still taste amazing.
Wonton wrappers are just simple egg noodles in a square shape. They’re made very thin for use as soft dumplings in wonton soups but can also be filled and deep fried or baked.
- Puff pastry burger cups: You can use puff pastry or crescent dough pressed into the sides of a greased muffin cup tin.
- Cheeseburger biscuit cups: If you can’t find wonton wrappers you can also use a can of buttermilk biscuits or any of your favorite store-bought biscuit dough. Using a rolling pin, roll the dough, then and press it around the inside of a muffin pan sprayed with nonstick spray.
- Mexican cups: If you love Mexican recipes, try adding a little chili powder with some cumin to the lean meat mixture. Instead of the lettuce and tomato, you can top them with a spoonful of fresh guacamole.
- Mini turkey burger cups: You can substitute the beef for ground turkey if you prefer.
- Other seasonings: While you’re browning the meat mixture, feel free to add other seasonings. Onion or garlic powder or a couple teaspoons Worcestershire sauce are good options.
- Optional toppings: Dress the cheeseburger cups up with other toppings. You can add a dollop of sour cream, a sprinkle of sesame seeds or some diced jalapenos.
Want More Bite-Sized Recipes?
- Baked Jalapeno Poppers
- 7 Layer Dip Cups
- Fried Goat Cheese
- Puff Pastry Pinwheels
- 30 Amazingly Easy Pinwheels
- Sausage Dip
- Hot Corn Dip
- Black Bean & Corn Salsa
- Avocado Deviled Eggs With Bacon & Blue Cheese
- Easy Brie & Proscuitto Appetizer
- Phyllo Wrapped Shrimp Appetizer
- Sausage Stuffed Mushrooms
- Creamy Pickle Dip
Easy Cheeseburger Cups
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook bacon and set aside.4 slices bacon
- Place 1/2-pound ground beef in a large skillet and break it up with a wooden spoon. Cook beef thoroughly on medium-high heat. Season with a pinch of salt and some black pepper to taste.8 ounces ground beef
- While the ground beef is cooking, spray your muffin tin with a little cooking spray. Place two overlapping wonton wrappers in each muffin tin. Drain fat off of the cooked beef.20 wonton wrappers
- Spoon beef mixture evenly among the wonton cups.
- Top each with 1/2 tbsp ketchup.1/3 cup ketchup
- Add 1 tbsp shredded cheese to each. (Or top with small slice of cheese)2/3 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Bake at 350 for 10-12 minutes or until wonton wrappers turn golden brown.
- Divide bacon into 10 pieces (you may have some left over…enjoy a snack)
- When wonton muffin cups finish baking, top with bacon, pickle chip, lettuce and tomato. Serve hot and enjoy!10 pickle slices, 1/2 cup shredded lettuce, 1 small tomato
- If you don’t have wonton wrappers, you can use puff pastry or crescent dough pressed into the sides of a greased muffin cup tin.
- We’re all about the easy recipes but you can add seasonings such as onion or garlic powder or worcestershire sauce as you’re browning the meat mixture