This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
This easy Pineapple Mai Tai is the just the tropical cocktail you need to kick off your summer. With two different kinds of rum and fresh fruit juice, this sweet tropical punch is perfect for patio or poolside fun!
This fun cocktail takes our favorite original mai tai recipe and makes it even better. There’s plenty of great flavor in this pineapple mai tai, thanks to the tropical pineapple juice and fresh lime juice, the citrus twist from the orange curacao, and the sweet almond flavor of the orgeat syrup.
Mix in white rum and add a dark rum floater and you’ve got a great recipe for summer fun. Your friends will definitely be impressed by your bartending skills when you serve this delicious cocktail at your next happy hour or party.
It may taste like it belongs at a fancy resort, but it’s incredibly quick and easy to make. Mix up a batch of these delicious drinks on hot days and create a tropical oasis wherever you are!
💖Why We Love This Recipe
It’s a Great Drink for Summer – There’s nothing better for the warm summer months than a tropical, rum-based fruity cocktail. It’s sweet, refreshing, and easy to drink.
It’s Delicious – Although it’s sweet and fruity, this drink is more complex than most tiki cocktails. The delicious almond, lime, and orange flavors complement the spicy rum and sweet pineapple juice for a drink that cocktail enthusiasts will love!
Light rum – Light rum adds a sweeter and more subtle rum flavor to this mai tai drink
Pineapple juice – Pineapple gives this drink the tropical flavors that make it so delicious
Lime juice – Adds just a touch of sour to balance out the sweetness of the drink
Orange liqueur (orange curacao or triple sec) – This sweet liqueur adds a little more orange flavor
Orgeat – An alcohol free almond syrup made from almonds, sugar and orange flower water
Dark rum – Aged rum for a bolder flavor
Fresh fruit garnish (pineapple wedges, orange slices, lime wheels and maraschino cherries)
Ice – Gives your drink a refreshing chill
How to Make Easy Pineapple Mai Tais
Step 1: Fill a cocktail glass with ice and add the light rum.
Step 2: Add a little pineapple juice.
Step 3: Next, add the lime juice.
Step 4: Add the orange curacao or triple sec.
Step 5: Add the orgeat almond syrup and stir to combine all ingredients. Float the dark rum on top of the drink.
Step 6: Garnish with fresh fruit (an orange slice, lime wheel, fresh pineapple, and maraschino cherry.) Enjoy!
Tips & Tricks
- If you’re not familiar with orgeat, it’s an almond-flavored syrup. Torani is one popular brand that makes this, and it can be found at many grocery stores or on Amazon. amaretto would be a delicious substitute as well. Just keep in mind that your drink will be a bit stronger since amaretto contains alcohol and orgeat does not.
- For drinks like this one that have a slightly longer list of ingredients, use a food scale to make measuring quick and easy. Place you cocktail shaker on that scale and set it to ounces so you can easily measure as you pour. There will be no measuring cups or spoons to clean up when you’re done!
- Have fun with the garnish! Tiki drinks are all about presentation, and this is a perfect drink to add a skewer of fruit, cocktail umbrella, or a fun twisty straw.
Sure – if you’re making a big batch for a party, feel free to combine all ingredients except the ice and dark rum in a pitcher. Just before you’re ready to serve, you can pour into your cocktail glass full of ice, stir, and top with the dark rum floater.
More Tropical Drinks
- Classic Bacardi Daiquiris
- Caribbean Rum Punch
- Coconut Mojitos
- Pineapple Margaritas
- Frozen Strawberry Daiquiris
Easy Pineapple Mai Tai Recipe
- 1 1/2 ounces light rum
- 1 ounce pineapple juice
- 1 ounce lime juice
- 1/2 ounce orange curacao or triple sec
- 1/2 ounce orgeat
- 1/2 ounce dark rum
- Fresh pineapple and lime wheels for garnish
- Fill a cocktail glass with ice and add the light rum.1 1/2 ounces light rum, Ice
- Add the pineapple juice, lime juice and orange curacao or triple sec.1 ounce pineapple juice, 1 ounce lime juice, 1/2 ounce orange curacao or triple sec
- Pour in the orgeat almond syrup and stir to combine all ingredients.1/2 ounce orgeat
- Finally, float the dark rum on top of the drink.1/2 ounce dark rum
- Garnish with fresh fruit (an orange slice, lime wheel, fresh pineapple, and maraschino cherry.)Fresh pineapple and lime wheels for garnish