This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
This free printable Super Bowl Squares template is a great way to make sure everyone has fun at this year’s Super Bowl party. It won’t matter if your guests are die-hard football fans or more interested in the food and commercials. This fun betting game gives everyone a chance to get involved in the action on Super Bowl Sunday.
💖Why We Love This Game
- This is a great way for people to have some betting fun at Super Bowl parties without spending a ton of money. You can set the price per square as low as you want, so people can participate for as little as a dollar.
- You don’t need to have any football knowledge to enjoy this game. Anyone can play!
- The square grid has 100 different number combinations that different pool players can bet on, so it’s great when you have a large party or a big group of people who want to play.
- You don’t need to have a party to enjoy this fun game. Play it with your family members and friends across the country or use it for an office pool.
You may want to print these too…
🏈How to Play Super Bowl Squares
If you’ve never played the game before, this will be a fun new addition to your Super Bowl festivities. Here are the basic rules:
- Decide on a standard price per square, then allow the players to select the squares they want to purchase and fill in their first name in those squares. Generally, players can select to purchase any number of squares that they’d like. The more squares they purchase, the more money they’ll bet and the better their chances of winning will be.
- As the pool commissioner, you’ll fill in the team names, one on the horizonal axis and the other on the vertical axis.
- Now add the numbers. Leave the square in the upper left corner blank, then assign the numbers 0-9 in a random order to each of the remaining ten squares across the top row, then do the same for the remaining ten squares down the leftmost column You can use a random number generator if you like.
- Each player will find the two winning numbers assigned to the row and column of their square. These numbers will correspond to the last number of the corresponding team’s score at the end of the game. For example, if the score is 14-10 in favor of the AFC team, the player with the number 4 for the AFC team and 0 for the NFC team will be the winner of the pot.
NOTE: It’s important to add the names to all available squares before adding the numbers. Otherwise the players that pick first will be able to get the best numbers (some combinations are more likely to win than others)
- Don’t want to wait for the final score of the game? Pay out a portion of the pot using the scores at the end of each quarter to give everyone more chances to win. It’s a fun way to keep people interested in the game, even if it’s a blowout.
- For smaller groups, you can sell squares in groups of 5 or 10 so all the different numbers get selected.
How to Get Your Copy
To get your Super Bowl Squares sheet, just select the link (or the image) to download and print the pdf file. You won’t need any other equipment other than the game board and a pen!
And if you need more ideas for this year’s big game, check out these printable Super Bowl Games for parties.
You’ll also need some great recipes for your part! Check out these delicious ideas for game day appetizers and snacks.