This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
These delicious Crispy Garlic Parmesan Chicken Wings are the perfect party appetizer or game day food. Baked in the oven until they turn a beautiful golden brown, then tossed in a lip-smacking buttery parmesan sauce, they’re a crowd pleaser every time!
Table of Contents
Crispy Parmesan Garlic Wings
If you’re a fan of crispy chicken wings, you’re going to love these garlic parm wings. This quick and easy recipe comes together in just a matter of minutes for tasty wings that are nice and crispy on the outside and tender and juicy on the inside.
These wings are absolutely delicious and because they’re much milder than spicy buffalo wings, the whole family will love them, especially the kiddos. They’re buttery, garlicky and make the perfect addition to any appetizer platter. Serve them along with these Easy Sausage Balls and the Cold Buffalo Chicken Dip and your party menu is complete!
💖 Why We Love This Recipe
- Great served as an appetizer or with a simple side dish as a main course.
- This recipe comes with air frying instructions as well as baking instructions.
- Baked wings are less expensive and a lot less messy than frying them.
- They are naturally low carb, great for a low carb or ketogenic diet.
🔪 Recommended Tools
- Large rimmed baking sheet
- Kitchen tongs
- Large mixing bowl
- Small saucepan (or small microwave-safe bowl)
- Air fryer (optional)
- Chicken wings (cut into different parts)
- Olive oil
- Grated parmesan cheese
- Garlic paste
- Butter (salted or unsalted butter)
- White pepper (or black pepper)
- Granulated onion (or onion powder)
👩🏼🍳How to Cook Garlic Parmesan Chicken Wings
Cover a large baking sheet with parchment paper or aluminum foil.
Step 1. Preheat your oven to 390F. Place chicken wings in a large bowl with the garlic paste, salt, spices, and olive oil.
Step 2. Thoroughly mix the wings so that each part is coated with salt, spices and oil.
Tip: To enhance the flavors, cover the bowl with plastic wrap and leave for 30-60 minutes.
Step 3. Transfer wings to the lined baking sheet.
Step 4. Bake for 10-15 minutes on one side. After 15 minutes, the wings will begin to look cooked, but will not be fully done yet. Flip them over to the other side.
Step 5. Bake for another 5 minutes, then remove them from the oven.
Step 6. Melt butter in a small saucepan or in the microwave. Put the baked chicken wings in a large bowl, then pour the melted butter over the top.
Step 7. Add the grated parmesan and toss to coat each piece. Place wings on a serving platter right away and serve hot.
Store leftover wings in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 3-4 days.
Air Frying Method
If you are cooking the wings in an air fryer, preheat it for 5 minutes to 390F, then lay the wings in the air fryer basket in a single layer. Bake for 15 minutes.
Turn the wings over to the other side and bake for another 7 minutes.
Garlic Parmesan Wings Recipe Variations
- Chicken: Though this recipe is for crispy wings, you can use the same recipe for baked garlic parmesan chicken legs. Just adjust the cooking time accordingly.
- Spices: If you love spicy food, you can add a touch of heat with a pinch of red pepper flakes or cayenne pepper.
- Herbs: Feel free to add even more savory flavor to the parmesan wing sauce with your favorite dried herbs. A dried Italian herb blend works really well.
- Dipping Sauce: These garlic butter chicken wings are loaded with parmesan flavor and are delicious the way they are. If you want a tasty sauce to dunk them in, you can use a simple blue cheese dressing or ranch dressing just like you would buffalo wings. For a really fun twist, drizzle the baked wings with a little hot honey.
- Toppings: For a pretty presentation garnish with freshly chopped parsley or green onions.
What is Garlic Paste?
Garlic paste can be found in most any grocery store in the refrigerated produce section. It’s used in place of garlic powder or minced garlic in savory recipes.
If you can’t find it, its super east to make homemade garlic paste with 2 simple ingredients and a couple basic steps. Just take fresh garlic cloves and add them to a food processor. Add a few drops of olive oil and blend until smooth.
What is the Key to Crispy Chicken Wings?
For the best crispy skin, always make sure your oven is completely preheated before adding the wings, otherwise, they’ll start to steam before they bake. Another trick to ensuring your baked wings are crispy is to blot them with paper towels before seasoning. Excess moisture can make the skin a little soggy.
If you want to ensure they are extra crispy, dust dried wings with a little baking powder then place then on a wire rack for about 15 minutes before adding the paste and the seasonings
Is it Better to Fry or Bake Chicken Wings?
They both taste amazing but baking them is much cheaper than deep frying because a deep fryer uses a good bit of oil. Air fryer chicken wings are another inexpensive way to cook them, and they come out nice and golden brown without all the oil.
Are Leftover Wings Still Crispy?
After they have cooled, wings will lose some of their crispy texture. If you’re afraid reheated wings will be soggy, no worries! They will crisp right back up in the air fryer.
Allow your leftover wings to set out for about 10 minutes. Then just pop them in the air fryer for about 6 minutes or until heated through. They should crisp up again nicely.
Want More Tasty Chicken Recipes?
- Parmesan Crusted Chicken with Mayo
- Easy Chicken Piccata
- Cheesy BBQ Bacon Chicken
- Sheet Pan Chicken and Veggies
- Chicken Alfredo Bake
- Lemon Rosemary Chicken and Potatoes
Crispy Garlic Parmesan Wings
- Cover a large baking sheet with parchment paper or aluminum foil.
- Preheat your oven to 390F. Place chicken wings in a large bowl with the garlic paste, spices, salt, and olive oil.1 lb chicken wings, 1 tsp garlic paste, 1/2 tsp granulated onion, 1/3 tsp salt, 1/2 tsp white pepper, 2 tbsp olive oil
- Thoroughly mix the wings so that each part is coated with salt, spices and oil. If you want to further enhance the flavors, cover the bowl with plastic wrap and leave for 30-60 minutes.
- Transfer wings to the top of the lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes on one side. After 15 minutes, the wings will begin to look cooked, but will not be fully done yet. Flip them over to the other side.
- Bake for another 5 minutes, then remove them from the oven.
- Melt butter in a small saucepan or in the microwave. Put the baked chicken wings in a large bowl, then pour the melted butter over the top.1 tbsp butter
- Add the grated parmesan and toss to coat each piece. Place wings on a serving platter right away and serve hot.3 tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- These wings can also be made in the air fryer. Just preheat the air fryer to 390F for 5 minutes. Lay the wings in the air fryer basket in a single layer, then bake for 15 minutes. Turn the wings over and bake for an additional 7 minutes, then follow the remaining instructions above.
- As an appetizer, this recipe will serve about 4 people. If serving this as a meal, you can plan on it feeding 1-2 people.