This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
This easy Grinch Punch recipe is a fun and delicious addition to all your holiday parties, whether you’re going with a non-alcoholic or a boozy version. With the bright chartreuse green color of everyone’s favorite holiday villain and some fun red garnishes, it’s a crowd-pleasing drink that will have everyone coming back for seconds.
If the bold bright green color of this Grinch punch doesn’t get your attention, the delicious and creamy berry citrus flavor surely will.
Green Berry Rush Hawaiian Punch, Sprite, and Lime sherbet combine to produce a fun holiday drink in the perfect Grinch color. A bright red sugar rim on your glass and a maraschino cherry add the perfect finishing touch.
Easy to make and always popular, this versatile green punch recipe can be made in a family friendly version for a Grinch movie night or a boozy adult version for a party. No matter how you serve it, you’ll love the bright cheerful color and sweet, fruity taste. Try this delicious punch at your next Christmas party and you’ll agree that it’s the perfect drink for your punch bowl this holiday season!
Why We Love This Recipe
It’s Easy – A party punch is such a great time saver. With just a few simple ingredients that can be found at any grocery store, it’s a great way to serve a large crowd at once. Even better, you can throw it together in minutes!
It Stays Cold – The sherbet acts as a built-in chilling system for this fun treat, keeping your drinks cool while you mingle and enjoy the party.
It’s Versatile – Need to make a substitution? No problem! You can swap the type of soda, the alcohol, or the flavor of sherbet and it’ll still taste great. Have fun trying new flavors and personalizing the recipe for different occasions.
Great for Grinch Fans – This festive holiday season drink will be a huge hit with fans of the popular How the Grinch Stole Christmas story (it’s definitely one of our family favorites)!
- Lime sherbet
- Sprite (or any lemon-lime soda)
- Hawaiian Punch Green Berry Rush
- Red sanding sugar for garnish
- Maraschino cherries for topping
- Corn syrup for the rims of your glasses (optional)
- Vodka (optional)
How to Make Grinch Punch
Step 1: Scoop the lime sherbet into a large punch bowl.
Step 2: Pour Sprite over top of the sherbet.
Note: If making the boozy version, use two fewer cups of Sprite to make room for the vodka.
Step 3: Add Hawaiian punch.
Step 4: Add the vodka (if making the boozy version).
Step 5: For serving, pour a bit of Sprite (or you can use corn syrup) into a small saucer. In another saucer, pour a layer of red sanding sugar. Dip the rim of the glass into the Sprite or corn syrup, then into the sugar.
Step 6: Ladle your punch into the glass, then top with a maraschino cherry. Enjoy!
Tips & Tricks
- If making the boozy version, you can reduce the amount of Sprite by 2 cups to make room for the vodka.
- Try a citrus or berry flavored vodka in place of the plain vodka. Or if you don’t have vodka, try some sparkling wine or prosecco instead.
- Chill your Sprite, Vodka, and Hawaiian Punch before making this. If you start with warm beverages, the sherbet may melt too quickly.
- No punch bowl? No problem! You can make this festive drink in a pitcher instead. Just be sure to have a large serving spoon nearby so guests can scoop out some of the sherbet.
- If you can’t find the green Hawaiian punch, you can make a batch of lemon-lime Kool-Aid instead. You could also substitute pineapple juice, but you may want to add a little bit of green food coloring to get a brighter green color.
How Much Grinch Punch Should I Make?
You should plan to have about 1 gallon of punch for every ten guests at your party.
Can I Make Grinch Punch in Advance?
No, you’ll want to make this right before serving, so the sherbet is fresh and not melted. In fact, if your party will be going on for a few hours, it’s a good idea to only serve half at the beginning and refill it later.
More Festive Holiday Drinks
- Vanilla Spiced Eggnog
- Caramel Apple Cider
- Vanilla Pomegranate Holiday Punch
- 12 Days of Christmas Cocktails
- Peppermint White Chocolate Martinis
Grinch Punch Recipe
- Scoop the lime sherbet into a large punch bowl.1 quart Lime sherbet
- Pour Sprite over top of the sherbet, then add Hawaiian Punch. Note: If making a boozy punch, use two cups less of the Sprite to make room for the vodka.1 bottle Sprite, 4 cups Hawaiian Punch Green Berry Rush
- Add vodka (if making the boozy version).2 cups vodka
- For serving, pour a bit of Sprite (or you can use corn syrup) into a small saucer. In another saucer, pour a layer of red sanding sugar. Dip the rim of the glass into the Sprite or corn syrup, then into the sugar.Red sanding sugar for garnish
- Ladle your punch into the glass, then top with a maraschino cherry. Enjoy!Maraschino cherries for topping
- It’s best to chill your Sprite, vodka, and Hawaiian Punch before making this recipe. If you start with warm beverages, the sherbet may melt too quickly.