This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
This super simple 4-ingredient Easy Pineapple Fluff Recipe is so light and creamy that it literally melts in your mouth. Loaded with deliciously sweet and tangy pineapple flavor, it’s the perfect make ahead dessert for summer parties, barbeques or any other occasion!
You’ll fall head over heels in love with this creamy pineapple fluff, a simple recipe with the absolute perfect combination of tastes and textures! Crushed pineapple and cream cheese base give it a delectable, sweet and tangy flavor, with Cool Whip adding a light and airy texture.
The refreshing pineapple flavors are perfect on a hot summer day but because it uses canned pineapple, you can enjoy this no bake dessert any time of year. Serve with Baked Ham for a perfect side dish at Easter or Christmas or as a fun and fruity party dip served with graham crackers. This sweet and fluffy dessert is truly the perfect recipe for any occasion.
💖 Why We Love This Recipe
- Cool and creamy perfect dessert that is always a party and potluck favorite.
- Super easy no bake dessert recipe that only uses 4 simple ingredients! Have it prepared and ready to chill in just 10 minutes!
- Can be served as is or can be used as a pie filling with your favorite pie crust.
🥄 Recommended Tools:
- Electric Mixer (hand mixer or stand mixer)
- Large Bowl
- Rubber Spatula
- Mesh Strainer
- Measuring Cup
🛒 What’s Needed to Make Pineapple Fluff
- Cream cheese, room temperature
- Powdered sugar
- Cool Whip
- Crushed canned pineapple, drained, separated
📄 How to Make This Easy Pineapple Fluff
Step 1. Using a stand or hand mixer, combine cream cheese and powdered sugar. Mix together until smooth and creamy.
Step 2. Gently fold in whipped topping.
Step 3. Drain the pineapple and set aside two tablespoons for garnish.
Step 4. Fold the remaining pineapple into the cool whip and sweet cream cheese mixture. Place in the fridge for about 2 hours until chilled.
Store leftovers in the fridge in an airtight container or covered with plastic wrap for up to 2-3 days.
Can I Use Fresh Pineapple for this Recipe
You sure can! To use fresh pineapple, you will need to add it to a food processor and pulse it just enough until it resembles crushed pineapple in the can. Make sure to drain it well.
Don’t throw away the rinds though! You can use them to make these adorable Pineapple Fruit Bowls and fill them with an assortment of fresh fruits.
Pineapple Fluff Salad Variations and Add-ins
One of the many things that makes this a great recipe is you can use it as a base to create so many other amazing desserts with simple variations. Here are some of the most popular:
- Nuts: If you’d like to add a little crunch, chopped pecans or walnuts are always a great option.
- Ambrosia salad: Give this delicious treat some of the same flavors of ambrosia by adding some mandarin oranges mini marshmallows, maraschino cherries and coconut flakes.
- Chunky pineapple salad: Add even more pineapple goodness by folding in some pineapple tidbits into the crushed pineapple. You don’t want to replace the crushed pineapple, because you really want that pineapple flavor in every bite.
- Fruit cocktail fluff: Add a small can of well-drained fruit cocktails for a fun and colorful twist.
- Tropical fruit fluff: Fold in toasted coconut and add a drop or two of coconut extract into the cool whip mixture to give this simple dessert amazing tropical flavors.
- Cottage cheese: If you love cottage cheese, try adding some to this fluff. To prevent the pineapple flavor from getting lost, you may want to cut the cream cheese back by 1/2 and then use 1/2 cup cottage cheese in its place.
- No sugar added: If you’re always looking for delicious fruit desserts without a lot of added sugars, you’ll love this awesome recipe! All you have to do is use a powdered sugar substitute like monk fruit, sugar free cool whip and crush pineapple in its own juices. It’s a great way to satisfy a sweet tooth if you’re on Weight Watchers or other low-sugar diet.
Absolutely you can! And the great thing about freezing this dessert is you don’t even have to let it thaw out all the way to enjoy. It’s a makes a delicious frosty treat when it has thawed just enough to use a fork to cut through the filling.
To completely thaw it, just place it in the fridge overnight.
Tips for Making the Best No Bake Fluff Desserts
- For best results, allow time for your cream cheese to sit out until it reaches room temperature. This prevents the dessert from having clumps in it.
- While you can certainly use a whisk to combine the ingredients, if you want a light and airy mixture with a super smooth consistency, you’ll want to use an electric mixture.
- If the creamy cheese and cool whip mixture is a little runny, that usually means you didn’t drain the pineapple enough. If this happens, try adding a little lemon juice. The acid in the lemon juice reacts with the fat in the cream cheese to thicken the mixture.
- Don’t skip the chill time. It will be tempting to dig right in, but by allowing it to sit in the fridge for a couple of hours, it not only gets nice and cold, but it also allows time for the pineapple flavor to really enhance the cream cheese and Cool Whip.
Want More No Bake Recipes
- No Bake Pumpkin Lasagna
- Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Bites
- No Bake Chocolate Mousse
- Peanut Butter and Coconut Cookies
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Balls
- White Chocolate Raspberry Cheesecake
Easy Pineapple Fluff Recipe
- Using a stand or hand mixer, combine cream cheese and powdered sugar. Mix together until smooth and creamy.8 ounces cream cheese, 1 cup powdered sugar
- Gently fold in whipped topping.8 ounces Cool Whip
- Drain the pineapple and set aside two tablespoons for garnish.1 can crushed pineapple
- Fold the remaining pineapple into the cool whip and sweet cream cheese mixture. Place in the fridge for about 2 hours until chilled.1 can crushed pineapple
- For best results, allow time for your cream cheese to sit out until it reaches room temperature. This prevents the dessert from having clumps
- Store leftovers in the fridge in an airtight container or covered with plastic wrap for up to 2-3 days.