This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
This Orange Creamsicle Jello Shots recipe is a fun take on the classic party favorite! With a creamy orange flavor and whipped cream vodka, this shot is sure to bring plenty of delicious adult-level fun to your next party.
Now we’ve brand new version to love. This version is a fun twist on creamsicles, one of our all time favorite treats as a kid. Only this one has a grown up twist!
The secret to these Orange Creamsicle Jello Shots is whipped cream flavored vodka, which adds a delicious creamy flavor and a boozy bite to the tangy citrus of the orange gelatin. The shots are then topped with a little whipped cream and an orange slice, which makes them look as pretty as a fancy cocktail.
Make a batch of these for your next summer party and you’ll have a house full of happy guests!
Why We Love This Recipe
It’s Perfect for Parties – There’s a reason why Jello shot recipes have always been a party favorite! They’re easy to make and they can serve a large crowd, making them perfect for any occasion, from summer gatherings to a Halloween party!
It’s Versatile – We love the classic combination of vanilla and orange but this recipe would also be delicious with other flavors such as strawberry, raspberry, and lemon Jello.
Make it in Advance – Party recipes that can be made in advance save so much time! Make a batch the night before your party and your shots will be chilled and ready to go whenever you are.
- Orange Jello – gives the Jello shots a slightly tart orange flavor and vibrant orange color
- Whipped cream vodka – turns our kid’s dessert into a fun adult treat
- Boiling water – dissolves the Jello
- Cold water – cools the Jello down to help it set
- Fresh orange slices and whipped cream for garnish – makes our shots look pretty!
How to Make Orange Creamsicle Jello Shots
Step 1: Place 16 plastic shot cups (2 oz.) onto a shallow baking sheet that fits into your refrigerator.
Step 2: Bring 2 cups of water to a boil in a medium pot. Whisk in the packet of orange Jello and stir until dissolved.
Step 3: Stir in the cold water. Next, add add whipped cream vodka to the Jello mixture.
Step 4: Pour gelatin mixture into the plastic shot cups, dividing it evenly among the cups.
Step 5: Move the shots to the refrigerator. Chill for approximately 4 hours.
Step 6: Just before serving, garnish with whipped cream and top with fresh orange slices or wedges. Enjoy!
Tips & Tricks
- It may be tempting but don’t add too much alcohol to your Jello shots. It may keep them from setting.
- Whipped cream vodka can be found at just about any major liquor store. You can also use Pinnacle Orange Whipped Vodka – it already tastes like a creamsicle! But if you don’t have either of these, you could also use plain vanilla vodka in a pinch.
- Don’t skip the whipped cream and orange garnish. It totally adds to the visual appeal of your orange creamsicle shot! Want to get extra fancy? Add a twist of orange peel or a little fresh orange zest on top.
- If you don’t have 2 oz. Jello shot cups, you can use small plastic cups, paper souffle cups, or plastic shot glasses, We prefer the Jello shot cups because the lids keep the shots from forming a film on top when stored in the fridge.
How Long Will These Last?
Your shots should keep in the fridge for about 4-7 days without the whipped cream garnish. If you’re not using shot cups with lids, you’ll want to cover your shots with plastic wrap or place them in an airtight container.
More Fun Drinks Ideas
- Lemon Drop Shots
- Orange Creamsicle Cocktails
- Coconut Mojitos
- Caribbean Rum Punch
- Pineapple Margarita
Orange Creamsicle Jello Shots
- 2 cups Boiling water
- 1 box Orange Jell-o 6 ounce size
- 1 1/2 cups Cold water
- 1/2 cup Whipped cream vodka
- Orange slices and whipped cream for garnish
- Place 16 plastic shot cups (2 oz.) onto a shallow baking sheet that fits into your refrigerator.
- Bring 2 cups of water to a boil in a medium saucepan, then whisk in the packet of orange Jello and stir until dissolved.2 cups Boiling water, 1 box Orange Jell-o
- Stir in the cold water and the whipped cream vodka.1 1/2 cups Cold water, 1/2 cup Whipped cream vodka
- Pour gelatin mixture into the plastic shot cups, dividing it evenly among the cups.
- Move the shots to the refrigerator to chill for 4 hours.
- Just before serving, garnish with whipped cream and top with fresh orange slices or wedges. Enjoy!Orange slices and whipped cream for garnish