This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
This Orange Creamsicle Cocktail has become one of our favorite party drinks! Made with whipped cream vodka, cream of coconut and orange juice, it’s a sweet, creamy, and delicious drink that’s always a crowd pleaser!
Remember the terrific taste of the frozen creamsicle from your childhood? This delicious orange creamsicle cocktail will bring the memories right back – with a fun adult twist!
With tons of fresh orange flavor, whipped cream vodka and cream of coconut, this classic flavor combination rivals any milkshake. Plus, the visual appeal of this drink makes it perfect for a brunch, shower, or any other special occasion!
Why We Love This Recipe
It Tastes Like a Dessert – No need to worry about making dessert when you serve this delicious cocktail because it’s a drink and a dessert in one! With plenty of sweet, creamy, orange flavor, it’s basically an adult milkshake that’ll remind you of the frozen treat you enjoyed as a kid.
It’s Great for Brunch – Anything with orange juice is brunch-appropriate, in my opinion. Go ahead and serve these the next time you’re serving up a weekend brunch. It’s a nice change from the standard mimosa, and lots more fun!
It’s a Perfect Summer Drink – Reminiscent of the popular ice cream treat, this orange creamsicle drink is a great recipe for the warmer months. It’s pretty much the perfect happy hour drink on warm summer nights.
- Orange juice
- Whipped cream vodka.
- Cream of coconut
- Whipped cream for topping
- Orange slices, wheels, or wedges for garnish
How to Make Orange Creamsicle Cocktails
Step 1: Add ice to cocktail shaker and then add the whipped cream vodka.
Step 2: Add the cream of coconut.
Step 3: Add orange juice and shake until the ingredients are well mixed and chilled.
Step 4: Add ice to your cocktail glass (a mason jar would be great as well). Pour the drink over the ice and garnish with whipped cream and an orange slice or wedge.
Optional: top the whipped cream with a little bit of fresh orange zest and add a fun straw!
Tips & Tricks
- Cocktail recipes like this one taste best when served icy cold and thoroughly mixed. For best results, be sure to shake it well and serve it right out of the shaker.
- You can omit the vodka entirely for a non-alcoholic version of this drink – which you might need if you make these in front of the kids. They’ll probably want to get in on the creamsicle fun too, and this version tastes almost as good as the adult version!
- Make this a frozen cocktail by blending orange juice, cream of coconut, and vodka in the blender. Then add a scoop of creamy vanilla ice cream, orange sherbet, or a little of both! Adding ice makes the consistency similar to a frozen margarita. Leave out the ice if you prefer the creamy texture of a milkshake. (You can make this kid-friendly Creamsicle Milkshake for the little ones).
- Planning a pool day? Mix up a batch of these, pour them into a popsicle mold and freeze overnight. Voila…now you have a boozy orange popsicle to enjoy poolside!
Sure! If you can’t find whipped cream flavored vodka, you can substitute vanilla vodka instead. It’s generally a little easier to find and will still give your drink the same delicious creamsicle flavor.
More Delicious Cocktails
Orange Creamsicle Cocktail
- 1.5 ounces whipped cream vodka
- 1/2 ounce cream of coconut
- 4 ounces orange juice
- Whipped cream and oranges for garnish
- Fill cocktail shaker halfway with ice cubes and add the whipped cream vodka.Ice, 1.5 ounces whipped cream vodka
- Add the cream of coconut and orange juice.1/2 ounce cream of coconut, 4 ounces orange juice
- Shake until the ingredients are well mixed and chilled, then pour into a cocktail glass.
- Top with whipped cream and garnish with an orange slice or wedge.Whipped cream and oranges for garnish
- Make it fancy with even more garnishes like a cherry, fun straw or paper umbrellas.
- To make this into a frozen cocktail, you can blend the orange juice, cream of coconut, and vodka in the blender with a scoop of creamy vanilla ice cream, orange sherbet, or a little of both!