This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
This peach cupcakes recipe may just be our new favorite cupcake for summer. With moist cake and plenty of peaches and cream flavor, it’s a sweet and fruity dessert treat that everyone will love!
Peach Jello mix and peach soda are the keys to the unique and delicious flavor of this amazing (and easy!) peach cupcake recipe. You’ll love the moist peachy cupcakes, the creamy peach frosting, and even the lovely pale orange color of these fun treats.
Summer is peach season and these are perfect for a summer party, picnic, wedding shower, or baby shower. But don’t wait for a special occasion! This recipe is fun and easy enough to make any time you want to enjoy delicious little cakes with an amazing fruit flavor.
Why We Love This Recipe
Unique – Chocolate and vanilla cupcakes are pretty common, but it’s not every day you’ll find the delicious flavor of juicy peaches in both cake and icing. These adorable cupcakes are sure to stand out in a crowd and are perfect when you need something special for a party or event.
Versatile – Although I think it’s hard to beat the sweet peach flavor of these cupcakes, you can switch out the peach Jello and soda for another flavor to make a different fruity. Orange, lime, or strawberry cupcakes would all be delicious.
Great All Year Long – Since you don’t need fresh peaches for this recipe, you can make this easy cupcake recipe all year long.
For the Cupcakes:
- White cake mix
- Vegetable oil
- Egg whites
- Peach soda (Available at Whole Foods or on Amazon)
- Peach Jello mix, divided
- Cupcake liners (Get them at Walmart or on Amazon)
For the Frosting:
- Salted butter, softened
- Powdered sugar
- Peach Jello mix
- Vanilla extract
- Half and half or whole milk
- Orange food coloring (optional)
- Orange/peach sprinkles
How to Make Peach Cupcakes
Step 1: Heat oven to 350 degrees and line your cupcake tins with cupcake liners or spray with non-stick cooking spray.
Step 2: Pour cake mix into a large bowl and add egg whites, soda, and oil. Mix with a hand or stand mixer on medium speed until well incorporated.
Step 3: Mix in half of the Jello.
Step 4: Add the cupcake batter into the prepared muffin tins. Each should be about 2/3 full.
Step 5: Bake at 350 degrees for 18-20 minutes, until the cakes are light golden brown on top and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Place the cupcake pans on a wire rack and allow to cool completely before frosting.
Step 6: To make the frosting, place butter in a medium bowl and use your mixer to cream the butter. Beat until light and fluffy (about 2 minutes).
Step 7: Mix in vanilla extract and remaining Jello mix.
Step 8: Slowly add the powdered sugar 1 cup at a time, while also adding 1 tablespoon of the half and half in between each cup of sugar. Continue to mix for 1-2 minutes or until the frosting is creamy and forms stiff peaks.
Step 9: If using food coloring (optional), add it now. Start with 1-2 drops and mix well, then continue until the desired color is achieved.
Step 10: Fill the piping bag with frosting and frost cupcakes. (The star tip works very well for this step.) Add sprinkles, or top with a fresh peach slice, and enjoy!
Tips & Tricks
- When making the peach buttercream, be sure not to overmix. Mix just until all the powdered sugar is incorporated and the frosting is creamy. This helps to ensure that your frosting stays light and fluffy.
- Peach and vanilla are a delicious combination – for an extra special touch, serve these with a side of vanilla ice cream. If you want to be extra fancy, hollow out the middle with a cupcake corer, then fill the centers of the cupcakes with a whipped cream filling to make peaches and cream cupcakes.
- To fill your muffin cups with the peach cake batter the easiest way possible, use a batter spoon, a cookie scoop or even a small ice cream scoop. My kids love using this cupcake batter dispenser when they help (works great for pancake batter too).
These will keep in the refrigerator for 3-4 days. Be sure to store them in an airtight container so they don’t dry out. For best results, let them warm up to room temperature again before serving.
Can I Freeze Them?
Yes – you can store these cupcakes in a freezer bag, Ziplock bag, or airtight container and they should keep in the freezer for up to 3 months.
If you frost them first, place them on a baking sheet and place uncovered in the freezer until the frosting hardens, about 6-8 hours. Then place carefully in the bag or airtight container and freeze as you normally would.
More Delicious Cupcake Recipes
- Oreo Cupcakes
- Easy Campfire Cupcakes
- Chocolate Cupcakes With Peanut Butter Frosting
- Unicorn Cupcakes
- Coconut Lime Cupcakes
- Mickey Mouse Cupcakes
- Harry Potter Butterbeer Cupcakes
For The Cupcakes
- 1 box white cake mix
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 4 egg whites
- 1 1/2 cups peach soda
- 1 (3 ounce) box Peach Jello
For The Frosting
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Line cupcake tins with cupcake liners or spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- Pour the cake mix into a large bowl and add egg whites, soda, and oil. Mix with a hand or stand mixer on medium speed until well incorporated.
- Add half of the Jello and mix well.
- Pour cupcake batter into the prepared muffin tin. Each one should be about 2/3 full.
- Bake in the 350 degree oven for 18-20 minutes, until the cakes are light golden brown on top, and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Place the cupcake pans on a wire rack and allow to cool completely before frosting.
- To make the frosting, place butter in a medium bowl and use your mixer to cream the butter. Beat until light and fluffy (about 2 minutes).
- Mix in the vanilla and remaining Jello mix.
- Slowly add the powdered sugar, 1 cup at a time, while adding 1 tablespoon of the half and half in between each cup of sugar. Continue mixing for 1-2 minutes or until the frosting is creamy and forms stiff peaks.
- If using food coloring (optional), add it now. Start with 1-2 drops and mix well, then continue until you achieve the desired color.
- Fill the pastry bag with frosting and frost cupcakes. (The star tip works very well for this step.) Add sprinkles and enjoy!
- When making the peach buttercream, be sure not to overmix. Mix just until it's creamy, which will ensure that your frosting is light and fluffy.
- Make it a "peaches and cream" dessert and serve cupcakes with a scoop of vanilla ice cream on the side!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
KPKitchen Pancake & Cupcake Batter Dispenser
Gifbera Rose Gold Foil Cupcake Liners, 200-Count
Wilton Perfect Results Premium Non-Stick Bakeware Muffin Pan & Cupcake Pan, 12-Cup, Steel
Checkered Chef Cooling Rack - Set of 2
RICCLE Disposable Piping Bags 12 Inch - 100 Anti Burst Pastry Bags
1M Open Star Piping Tip(2pk)
Top Shelf Elements Cupcake Carrier, Carries 24 Standard-Size Cupcakes
Nutrition Information:Yield: 24 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 216Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 22mgSodium: 88mgCarbohydrates: 24gFiber: 1gSugar: 20gProtein: 2g