This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
This Paintbrush Santa Ornament may just be the cutest Christmas craft ever! Made with a simple paintbrush and a few other craft supplies, it’s fun for the whole family and budget friendly too!
One thing I haven’t made enough of is Christmas ornaments. I’m not sure why. I always plan to do it but then before I know it, Christmas has come and gone.
Paintbrush Santa Ornament
This Paintbrush Santa Ornament is perfect for people who love crafting and even the kids can join in. They’ll love making their own Santa for the Christmas tree. The best part is that this DIY ornament is budget friendly too.
I’ve linked to Amazon for all the supplies, just because we all know how convenient it is to have everything magically show up on your doorstep. However, if you have a Dollar Tree nearby, you can save money by shopping there instead.
So grab a paintbrush, paints and a few other supplies and let’s get that tree decorated!
- 1" paintbrush
- Chenille stems, white
- Wooden plug, small
- Felt craft sheet, white
- Silver Cord
- Acrylic Craft Paint, red, green, light peach, white, black
- Glue gun
- Glue sticks
- Repositionable adhesive runner
- Plain paper
- Paint the paintbrush handle red to resemble Santa's hat. If necessary, add a second coat, then set aside to dry.
- Paint the metal section of the paintbrush white to make a base coat. Add a second layer, then let dry.
- Once the white paint is dry, paint over it with light peach (or any flesh tone you like) to make Santa's face. If necessary, apply a second coat.
- Dip the paintbrush bristles into white paint, wipe off any excess, then set it aside to dry overnight.
- Use pink, black and white paint to add Santa's rosy cheeks, eyes and eyebrows.
- Glue the unfinished wooden plug for Santa's nose. It can be left unfinished or painted to match the face.
- Dip a small paintbrush tip into green paint and give Santa's hat a polka dot pattern.
- Draw, then cut out, a plain mustache on regular copy paper.
- Apply removeable adhesive to the mustache, apply to white craft felt and cut out with scissors. Use a glue gun to attach the mustache to Santa's face, just under his nose. If you don't have felt, you can easily substitute craft foam or white fabric.
- Take your white chennille stem and glue it around the paintbrush. This will be the fur trim on Santa's hat. Trim off any extra chennille with scissors.
- Use the ribbon to make a bow and use the glue gun to attach it to Santa's hat.
- Add some extra color by gluing a button to the center of Santa's bow.
- Cut an eight inch piece of silver cord and thread through the hold at the top of the paintbrush. Tie the ends in a knot so that you can hang your Santa ornament on your Christmas tree.
All you need is an inexpensive paintbrush and a few other simple craft supplies to make this super cute DIY Santa Ornament for Christmas!
How cute are these?! They’re going to look adorable on our tree!
Younger ones may need a little help from mom or dad but it makes a great family project.
Does your family love making their own ornaments for the tree? What will you be making this year?
More Craft Ideas
If you’re looking for DIY gifts for Christmas, you can never go wrong with photo crafts! These are really perfect for grandparents because you know Grandma and Grandpa can never have too many pictures of their grandbabies!
If you want an easy craft that kids can make as a gift, this soup can pencil holder is both easy and cute!
Another easy craft that kids can make on their own is this DIY photo cube. Just a couple supplies and some photos are all you need.