This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
These deliciously decadent Chocolate Cake Mix Recipes will take your love for all things rich and chocolaty to the next level! And the best part is, they all start with a simple box of cake mix!
Table of Contents
Dessert Recipes Made with Chocolate Cake Mix
If you love sweet and decadent chocolate desserts but don’t have the time or energy to make one from scratch, then boxed cake mix will be your new best friend. With its convenience and versatility, a chocolate cake mix can be used to create delicious desserts that will satisfy any sweet tooth!
From cookies and brownies to cupcakes and dump cakes, there are so many creative ways to use this staple ingredient. So, whether you need a quick dessert fix or inspiration for your next baking project, you’ll love these mouth-watering recipes! All you need is a simple box of chocolate cake mix and a few other basic ingredients.
Why We Love These Recipes
- Easy recipes: Using a box mix helps cut down on the number of dry ingredients needed to make your delicious cake or easy dessert. This will save you both time and money, which is always a plus.
- Creative choices: A chocolate cake mix can act as a blank canvas for so many different types of sweet treats.
- Kid-friendly: Dessert recipes made with a cake mix are a great way to teach kids how to bake.
Tips for How to Make Store-Bought Cake Mix Taste Homemade
- Add extra eggs-To make a box mix extra rich add 2 additional egg yolks to what the recipe calls for. For example, if the recipe calls for 2 large eggs, you will use 2 eggs, plus 2 yolks. Also, make sure the eggs are always room temperature.
- Swap out the water- Depending on the recipe, you can swap out the water listed on the box and mix it with whole milk, chocolate milk, non-dairy milk or soda.
- Use butter instead of oil- Cake mixes typically call for vegetable oil but why settle for oil with no taste? Replace the oil with melted butter in equal parts.
- Add extra flavors- Whether it’s traditional chocolate, Devil’s Food Cake Mix, or German Chocolate Cake Mix, try adding in vanilla extract or other flavored extracts, orange zest, cocoa powder, or even instant coffee granules can add a lot of extra flavors to a regular store-bought cake mix.
Ready for the good stuff? Whether you’re a beginner or a pro in the kitchen, these easy recipes are sure to wow your guests and satisfy all their chocolate cravings!
35 Best Chocolate Cake Mix Recipes
- Chocolate Cupcakes With Peanut Butter Frosting
- Easy Campfire Cupcakes
- Chocolate Bear Paw Cookies
- Nutter Butter Reindeer Cupcakes
- Gooey Butter Nutella Cake
- Chocolate Cake Mix Cookies
- German Chocolate Mix Brownies
- Slow Cooker Chocolate Cherry Dump Cake
- Chocolate Flower Pot Cupcakes
- Reese’s Poke Cake Recipe
- Gluten Free Chocolate Brownie Cake Batter Ice Cream
- Super Moist 2 Ingredient Chocolate Cake
- Instant Pot Chocolate Cake Using Cake Mix
- Halloween Cake Balls – Cake Truffles
- Mini Chocolate Cake Mix Donuts with Mint Oreos
- Pick your favorite dessert recipe.
- Gather the ingredients needed to make it.
- Make and enjoy your delicious, chocolatey dessert.