This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
These White Chocolate Covered Oreos are so delish, they’re sure to become one of your favorite new dessert recipes! It’s an easy recipe that’s perfect for a special occasion or just a fun and tasty treat for the family.
This post was sponsored by OREO as part of an Influencer Activation for Influence Central and all opinions expressed in my post are my own.
Updated in April 2022
Do you have a favorite Oreo cookie? I thought I did but Oreo is constantly tempting me with brand new flavors!
As if regular Oreo chocolate sandwich cookies weren’t delicious enough, now they’ve got two new awesome flavors to choose from: Oreo Dark Chocolate and Oreo Carrot Cake.
Of course, I had to give them a try! The Oreo Carrot Cake lets you have your cake and eat it too! This twist on our favorite cookie features cookies that taste like carrot cake filled with a yummy cream cheese frosting flavored creme.
The Oreo Carrot Cake were great, but my favorite is definitely the Oreo Dark Chocolate! Dark chocolate is my go to treat anyway and Oreo has taken two classic Oreo chocolate wafers and filled them with a delicious dark chocolate flavored creme.
Since I’m always making recipes with Oreo cookies, like the Oreo Cheesecake Bites and these Oreo Cheesecake Bars, I decided to make these super simple and oh so delicious white chocolate dipped OREOs. Trust me…you’re going to want to try these!
What’s Needed to Make White Chocolate Covered Oreo Cookies?
- Dark Chocolate Cookies (or Original OREO Cookies)
- White candy melts
- Dark chocolate chips
- Vegetable oil (separated)
How To Make Chocolate Covered OREOs
Step 1. Start lining a cookie sheet with a piece of parchment paper or wax paper.
Step 2. Next, empty a 12 oz bag of white chocolate candy melts into a microwave safe bowl and add 1 1/2 teaspoons of vegetable oil (it makes the chocolate smooth). Microwave for one minute, then stir. Continue melting in 30 second increments until candy melts are completely melted.
Step 3. Dip cookies into the melted white chocolate.
Step 4. When the cookie is completely covered, use a fork to remove it from the bowl and tap on the sides of the bowl to let the excess chocolate drip off between the fork tines.
Step 5. Place the chocolate dipped cookies on your covered sheet pan.
Step 6. Refrigerate cookies while you prepare the dark chocolate. Combine dark chocolate chips with oil and microwave 30 seconds.
Step 7. Just like you did with the candy melts, microwave in 30 second increments until chocolate is completely melted.
Step 8. Pour chocolate into a plastic bottle if you have one. If you don’t, just use an icing bag or cut the corner off a sandwich bag.
Step 9. Drizzle dark chocolate over the white chocolate covered Oreo cookies and refrigerate until chocolate hardens.
That’s all there is to it! Now you’ve got delicious and easy white chocolate covered Oreos, perfect for holiday cookie platters or any other special occasion.
How To Store I Chocolate Dipped Cookies?
To keep your cookies fresh, store them in an airtight container at room temperature or in the refrigerator.
If you don’t have chocolate melts, you can also use almond bark or white chocolate chips. You’ll just want to melt it in a double boiler instead of the microwave for best results.
Chocolate Covered Oreos Variations
Have fun and create your own designs with different type of chocolate melts, different variety of sprinkles and of course any of your favorite Oreo cookies. There are so many delicious Oreo flavors, the possibilities are endless! But here are a few of our favorite.
- These cookies make a great Easter treat using Oreo Carrot Cake cookies! Dip Oreos in white chocolate and drizzle them with melted orange candy melts. Or use an array of pastel Easter colored sprinkles to sprinkle on top.
- You can really impress your guests at your next holiday party with chocolate peppermint cookies. While the chocolate is still wet, sprinkle crushed up candy canes or peppermint candies over the tops of the cookies. For a finishing touch, add some red food coloring to additional candy melts and drizzle a little bit over each of the Christmas cookies.
- Who doesn’t love Halloween themed treats! Use some vanilla Oreo cookies dipped in milk chocolate melts. Then just take some melted orange and purple chocolate melts and drizzle each color over the top of the cookies.
- Make a great impression at your next St. Patrick’s Day? Use the same white candy melts to cover Mint Creme Oreo cookies, then finish them off with festive green and gold sprinkles or sanding sugar.
- Give your special someone a sweet treat on Valentine’s Day by using classic Oreo cookies covered dipped in white chocolate with pink and red holiday sprinkles.
Want More Fun Recipe Ideas?
- Mini Fruit Tarts
- Unicorn Milkshake
- Rainbow Pinwheel Cookies
- Watermelon Cookies
- Cotton Candy Ice Cream
- Rainbow Rice Krispie Treats
- Mix candy melts with 1 1/2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- Microwave for 1 minute.
- Remove from microwave and stir. Continue to microwave in 30 second increments, stirring in between, until chocolate is completely melted.
- One at a time, dip OREO cookies in chocolate, turning with a fork. When cookie is completely covered, remove from chocolate, tap fork on side of bowl to remove excess chocolate and place on wax or parchment paper
- Place cookies in refrigerator
- Combine 1/3 cup dark chocolate chips with 1/2 teaspoon vegetable oil.
- Microwave for 30 seconds, then stir.
- Continue to microwave in 30 second increments, stirring in between, until chocolate is completely melted
- Pour melted chocolate into a plastic bottle, icing bag or in a plastic sandwich bag with the corner cut off. Drizzle over cookies.
- Refrigerate for 15 minutes. Enjoy!
- You can also use almond bark or white chocolate chips in place of candy melts. You’ll just want to melt it in a double boiler instead of the microwave for best results.
- I usually recommend vegetable oil because it's what most people have on hand but Wilton EZ Dipping Aid works wonders for getting a smooth consistency with your chocolate.
Be sure to check out the post above for more helpful tips and tricks!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 2 cookies
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 334Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 4mgSodium: 116mgCarbohydrates: 63gFiber: 1gSugar: 40gProtein: 1g