This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
These Pina Colada Jello Shots are easy and fun and perfect for any occasion! Made with the tropical flavors of pineapple juice, Malibu Rum and cream of coconut, these unique shots will be a huge hit at your next summer party!
There’s nothing like Jello shotrecipes to get a party started! We’re definitely big fans and have made everything from Orange Creamsicle Jello Shots to Butterbeer Jello Shots. They’re always a crowd pleaser and now we have a new one with a fun, tropical twist!
These pina colada jello shots combine the sweet taste of pineapple juice with Malibu Rum and cream of coconut for delicious shots that are guaranteed to be a hit.
These fun summer treats are the perfect party starter for any occasion! Having a pool party? They’ll pair perfectly with whatever tropical drink you’re making!
Why We Love This Recipe
- It’s Easy – These easy jello shots take just four ingredients, plus garnish. You can even make them in advance to save time on party day!
- Delicious Flavor Combination – The tropical flavors of real pineapple juice and coconut rum gives these shots their delicious flavor.
- It’s a Perfect Party Treat – Who doesn’t love a Jello shot?! Bring these to a party and you’re sure to get invited back!
- Pineapple juice – gives the shots their vibrant yellow color and pineapple flavor
- Knox gelatin – gives your jello shots their firm texture
- Malibu Rum – adds all the boozy fun and tropical flavor too
- Cream of coconut – not to be confused with coconut milk or coconut cream, this is more similar to sweetened condensed milk and adds a delicious coconut flavor
- Maraschino cherries and whipped cream – makes your shots look extra pretty
How to Make Pina Colada Jello Shots
Step 1: Place 16 plastic shot cups on a baking sheet.
Step 2: Pour two cups of pineapple juice into a sauce pan.
Step 3: Add two packets of Knox gelatin. Whisk until well combined.
Step 4: Heat the mixture over medium low heat until it’s just warm enough to be steamy. Remove from heat and add the remaining cup of pineapple juice and Malibu Rum.
Step 5: Finally, add cream of coconut and stir well.
Step 6: Pour the gelatin mixture into shot cups and chill in the refrigerator. Wait about 4 hours for the Jello mixture to set.
Step 7: Just before serving, top with whipped cream and a maraschino cherry!
Tips & Tricks
- You’ll want to keep your shots covered while they’re chilling in the fridge. If not, they may form a thin film layer over top. We’re big fans of these 2 oz. mini shot cups from Amazon because they come with their own lids.
- If you don’t have cherries to use for garnish, top your shot with a fresh pineapple chunks instead. You could even sprinkle a little shredded coconut over the top.
- While adding a little extra rum may seem like a good idea, you don’t want to overdo it. Adding too much alcohol could prevent your Jello from setting.
You can! This is a great way to save time on party day. Just keep them covered in the refrigerator and they’ll last for up to 4-5 days. Wait to add the garnish until just before serving.
More Fun Jello Shots
If you liked these pina colada shots, you’ll want to check out these delicious recipes too:
Pina Colada Jello Shots
- Place 16 plastic Jello cups on a shallow cookie sheet.
- In a medium saucepan, combine 2 cups of pineapple juice and 2 packets of Knox gelatin. Whisk until well combined.2 packets Knox gelatin, 3 cups pineapple juice
- Heat over medium low heat until steamy.
- Add remaining cup of pineapple juice, Malibu Rum and cream of coconut. Mix well.3 cups pineapple juice, 1 cup Malibu Coconut Rum, 2 tbsp cream of coconut
- Pour Jello mixture into plastic cups and refrigerate for 4 hours.
- When ready to serve, top with whipped cream and a maraschino cherry. Enjoy!16 maraschino cherries, whipped cream
- Be sure not to go too heavy on the alcohol. It’s tempting but it could keep your shots from setting properly.
- You can also garnish these shots with a small pineapple wedge or a few shredded coconut flakes.