This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
These Cherry Limeade Jello Shots are a fun and fruity treat that’s sure to be a hit at your next party. With all the flavor of a delicious cherry limeade, these boozy shots are perfect for summer fun!
I’m always looking for fun new Jello shot recipes, and these cherry limeade shots are going to be a staple at my summer parties this year. Made with cherry Jell-o, Simply Limeade, and Svedka cherry limeade vodka, these treats are bursting with zesty lime and sweet cherry flavor.
Like my tequila sunrise Jello shots and lemonade Jello shots, these are perfect for a backyard barbecue, pool party, or patio happy hour, these crowd-pleasing shots are a fun way to get any summer party started. Quick and easy to make, the unique sweet and tart flavor of this vodka jello shot recipe sets these apart from ordinary Jello shots.
Get ready for a good time celebrating and enjoying the warm weather with this delicious shot recipe. These tasty treats just may be the best part of summer!
Table of Contents
Why We Love This Recipe
Easy – Jello shots are one of the easiest treats you can make, and they take very little prep time.
Great for Summer – These fun shots put the refreshing taste of a classic summer drink into a fun and boozy shot. It’s a boozy treat for adults that’s perfect for summer parties.
Inexpensive – You can make several batches of these out of just one bottle of limeade and one bottle of vodka. It’s a great way to serve a crowd on a budget.
- Cherry Jello
- Boiling water
- Cold water
- Simply Limeade
- Svedka cherry limeade vodka
- Fresh limes for garnish
- Maraschino cherries for garnish
How to Make Cherry Limeade Jello Shots
Step 1: Place 16 2 ounce plastic Jello shot cups on a cookie sheet or in a shallow baking pan.
Step 2: Bring 2 cups of water to a boil in a small saucepan. Remove the hot water from the heat and whisk in the cherry Jello mix, stirring until the powder is completely dissolved.
Step 3: Add 1 cup of cold water, ½ cup vodka, and ½ cup Simply Limeade to the Jello mixture. Stir to combine.
Step 4: Pour mixture evenly into the Jello shot cups. Place in the refrigerator and chill for at least 4 hours or until ready to serve.
Step 5: Before serving, top with a fresh lime wedge and a maraschino cherry.
Tips & Tricks
- Spray just a little bit of coconut oil or non-stick cooking spray into the bottom of each shot cup to make the shots easier to remove.
- If you don’t have cherry limeade vodka, you can substitute plain cherry vodka with a little fresh lime juice or lime flavored vodka. You can also substitute any flavor of red Jello for the cherry.
- Instead of the cherries and lime slices, you can top these with whipped cream and freshly grated lime zest or red sprinkles.
- You’ll want to be careful not to overdo the alcohol when you make Jello shots. It may be tempting but the gelatin may not set properly if you do.
- These bright red Jello shots can easily be turned into festive 4th of July shots by adding whipped cream and blue sprinkles.
If your shot cups don’t have lids, be sure to cover them with plastic wrap or place them in an airtight container. They should keep for 3-5 days in the fridge.
You can use plastic shot glasses, condiment cups, or any kind of small plastic cups for this recipe.
More Delicious Jello Shot Recipes
- Pineapple Upside Down Cake Jello Shots
- Pineapple Jello Shots
- Cotton Candy Jello Shots
- Rainbow Jello Shots
- Orange Creamsicle Jello Shots
- 4th Of July Jello Shots
Cherry Limeade Jello Shots
- Place 16 2 oz. plastic shot cups on a cookie sheet or in a shallow baking pan.
- Bring 2 cups of water to a boil in a small saucepan. Remove the hot water from the heat and whisk in the cherry Jello mix, stirring until completely dissolved.2 cups boiling water, 1 box cherry jello (6 ounce size)
- Add 1 cup of cold water, ½ cup vodka, and ½ cup Simply Limeade to the Jello mixture. Stir to combine.1 cup cold water, ½ cup Simply Limeade, ½ cup Svedka Cherry Limeade Vodka
- Pour mixture evenly into the Jello shot cups. Move the Jello shots to the refrigerator to chill for 4 hours or more.
- Before serving, top with a fresh lime wedge and a maraschino cherry.Fresh limes for garnish, 16 Maraschino cherries for garnish
- Be careful not to add too much alcohol, or your shots won’t set properly.