This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
This easy Nutella milkshake recipe is the perfect dessert for Nutella lovers! With just three ingredients, it’s a deliciously simple way to treat yourself when you’re in the mood for something sweet!
Are you a Nutella lover? I mean, it’s kind hard NOT to be, especially if you already like chocolate! If you’ve never tried it, you are missing out! Nutella is an Italian sweetened hazelnut cocoa spread that you can use in SO many different and delicious ways.
You can use it in place of peanut butter in a lot of recipes and as a spread on your morning toast! Or, if you’re like me, it’s delicious right out of the jar with a spoon! But the absolute BEST way we love Nutella is using it to make a smooth, creamy and refreshing milkshake!
We’ve made our fair share of milkshakes, from OREO Shakes to Chocolate Milkshakes. They are the perfect treat on a hot summer day. But if you drool over Nutella AND you love milkshakes, you’ll totally flip for this…it’s the ultimate Nutella milkshake recipe!!!
💖 Why We Love This Recipe
- Made with just three simple ingredients! You definitely don’t need to be an expert at desserts…just toss the ingredients in the blender, add garnish and you’re good to go!
- Because it’s so easy, you can double or triple the batch if serving several people of a group.
- Super versatile recipe you can add other ingredients to it your own special twist.
🥄 Recommended Tools
- Ice cream scoop
- Kitchen Spoon
- Measuring cup
- Tall glass or mug
🛒 What’s Needed to Make This Delicious Nutella Milkshake
- Vanilla ice cream
- Whipped cream for garnish
How to Make the Best Nutella Milkshake
Step 1. Scoop vanilla ice cream into a blender
Step 2. Add whole or 2% milk
Step 3. Add Nutella
Step 4. Now just blend on medium speed until the ingredients are mixed well. Ninja blenders are my all-time favorite but if you don’t have a blender one, you could use a hand mixer instead.
Step 5. Add a little Nutella to the inside of your milkshake glasses, pour your milkshake in and top with whipped cream for garnish. We made our own whipped cream by whipping heavy cream with confectioners’ sugar, but you can use your favorite grocery store brand.
Can I Use Leftover Nutella to Make These Milkshakes?
Oh yes, you totally can! If your jar of Nutella has a little leftover around the inside, this is the perfect way to use it. Pour half of your milk into a microwave safe cup and heat until warm. You don’t want to make it too hot because the Nutella container is plastic.
Now pour the milk into the Nutella container, screw the cap on tight and shake until the Nutella dissolves in the milk. Add the Nutella milk to the regular milk when you’re making your shake. Nutella is WAY too good to waste and this is the perfect way to get every last bit!
How Do You Make a Nutella Milkshake without Ice Cream?
Want to make a Nutella milkshake without ice cream? Try this alternative Nutella milkshake recipe. Just combine the following ingredients in a blender:
- Cream cheese
- Simple syrup
Mix until the ingredients are well blended. This recipe isn’t as thick as ones with ice-cream, but it was still really tasty, and we enjoyed it!
Want A Healthier Option?
Want to indulge a bit but still keep it somewhat healthy? You can make this recipe into a Nutella banana milkshake! You’ll just have to prepare a little ahead of time. Chop up some bananas, pop them in a freezer bag and freeze them.
When you’re ready to make your shake, use the frozen bananas in place of ice cream. You can also replace your full-fat milk with skim milk or 2% milk to lighten things up a bit.
Another option if you want a dairy-free milkshake is to use dairy-free ice cream and almond milk.
Easy Milkshake Add-ins
You can add other ingredients to add a fun twist to your milkshake! Try some of these milkshake ingredients:
- Fresh strawberries go hand-in-hand with Nutella! You’ll need about 1/2-1 cup of strawberries. Freeze them beforehand to keep the milkshake nice and thick.
- Peanut Butter and this favorite chocolate hazelnut spread is AH-mazing when combined!
- OREO cookies crushed up and added to the Nutella makes the most amazing version of a traditional Oreo milkshake.
- Pretzels crushed up into small pieces adds an awesome crunch. You’ll want to eat this one with spoon.
- Dark chocolate sauce is a great way to add even more of an intense chocolate flavor.
- Coffee and Nutella make an absolutely delicious chocolatey coffee milkshake!
- Chocolate ice cream gives it that extra chocolate flavor chocolate lovers will adore!
Serving Ideas & Suggestions
Presentation is key if you’re making this for others and you can easily take this creamy Nutella milkshake to the next level!
Start with a mason jar or a nice tall glass. Dip the rim into Nutella and add crushed nuts, chocolate sprinkles or anything else you think will look cool.
For toppings, any of the following make great garnishes:
- Whipped cream
- Chocolate chips
- Chocolate shavings
- Mini marshmallows
- Chocolate syrup
Looking for More Milkshake Recipes?
Easy Nutella Milkshake Recipe
- Scoop four scoops (approximately two cups) of vanilla ice cream into your blender.2 cups vanilla ice cream
- Add 1/2 cup milk.1/2 cup milk
- Add 3 tbsp Nutella.3 tbsp Nutella
- Top with whipped cream and enjoy!Whipped cream for garnish
- You can also add other fun garnishes like cocoa or chocolate sprinkles
- This recipe will make one large milkshake or two smaller ones
We’ve had so much fun coming up with all our new milkshake recipes! What do you think we should try next?