This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
These easy Dessert Charcuterie Board Ideas are irresistibly creative and totally delicious. Whether it’s for a party or a cozy night in, each of these boards takes serving snacks to a whole new level.
Table of Contents
Simple Dessert Charcuterie Board Ideas
Most traditional charcuterie boards are made with cured meats and cheese. Not these! These boards are filled with all your favorite, yummy sweets and tasty treats. Everything from candies, cookies, cupcakes, and decadent frostings, you’ll find the perfect board to add to your dessert lineup.
Snack boards are an easy way to have a little fun with the way you serve snacks. Plus, they’re perfect for any occasion. Feel free to customize them to make them as fancy or as simple as you want. Whether you’re hosting a party or just having a movie night at home, these creative ideas will add extra sweetness to your spread.
Why We Love Dessert Charcuterie Boards
- Quick and easy: All of these ideas are quick and easy to put together. Most of them are made using simple ingredients you can just pick up from the grocery store.
- Versatile: You can easily customize what you add to your board. Include mini cupcakes, chocolate truffles, chocolate bars, or any of your favorite treats. You can make them as fancy or as simple as you want.
- Beautiful presentation: They are designed to not only be tasty but to also look gorgeous with beautifully colored snacks. This makes them perfect for snacking, a birthday dessert or for other special occasions.
Recommended Items to Have on Hand
- Board: To make a dessert charcuterie board, you can use a large wooden board like a wooden cutting board. Alternately, you can use a large serving platter or tray.
- Utensils: Small spoons, dessert forks or toothpicks will help guests pick up items from the board.
- Cookie cutters: If you have fresh fruits on your grazing board, you can use a small cookie cutter to make the slices into fun shapes.
- Small bowl or bowls: Little white ramekins are perfect for holding dessert dips, chocolate chips or other small items.
- Small plates: Have a stack or two of small plates close by so your guests can easily serve themselves.
Frosting Board Ideas
Sweet Holiday Dessert Board Ideas
Tips For Making an Epic Dessert Charcuterie Board
- Prep in advance: If you want to make your board ahead of time, you may want to separate the types of items and assemble it right before serving. This ensures everything stays fresh. Unwrap candies or other small items that are time consuming and store them in a plastic bag, ready to go. You can go ahead and add wet snacks like melted chocolate, dessert dips or sauces covered to small bowls and cover with plastic wrap.
- Include dips and sauces: Everyone loves dip! For a little dipping fun include a small bowl of chocolate ganache, Dunkaroo Dip, easy Easter Dip or this fun Little Debbie Christmas Dip.
- Fill it up: One of the things that make these snack boards so attractive is they are filled from edge to edge. Keep adding items on the board until the board is full. You can use small items like candy or nuts to fill in empty spaces.
- Add pops of color: When you build a dessert charcuterie board, consider adding different colors. Colorful cookies, candies, or cupcakes are an easy way to give it fun colors. Mix up any chocolate to include milk, white and dark chocolate. You can pop in a large strawberry or a group of fresh raspberries in a couple of places for added color.
- Mix up the flavors: If you love dessert with a sweet and salty combo, you may want to add salty snacks like chips, nuts or pretzels for a contrast in flavor.
More Fun Ideas
- Breakfast Charcuterie Boards
- Kids Charcuterie Board
- Taco Charcuterie Board
- Easter Bunny Charcuterie Board
- Super Bowl Charcuterie Boards
15+ Dessert Charcuterie Board Ideas
- S’mores Charcuterie Dessert Board
- Unicorn Charcuterie Board
- Hot Chocolate Charcuterie Board
- Chocolate Fondue Board
- Dessert Charcuterie Board
- Movie Night Snacks Board
- Ice Cream Sundae Charcuterie Board
- Cookie and Chocolate Dessert Charcuterie Board
- How to Build a Caramel Apple S’mores Dessert Board
- Butterbeer Frosting Board
- Buttercream Dessert Board
- Snowman Frosting Board
- Valentines Charcuterie Board
- Halloween Snack Board
- Easter Candy Charcuterie Board
- Christmas Charcuterie Board
- New Year’s Eve Dessert Charcuterie Board
- Choose your favorite dessert board.
- Gather up the ingredients and add them onto your board.
- Assemble, serve and enjoy!