This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
This Dunkaroo Dip is a fun retro-inspired sweet treat that’s great for parties. With its delicious Funfetti cake flavor and bright colorful sprinkles, this is a crowd-pleasing and easy dessert dip that will remind you of one of your favorite childhood snacks.
This Dunkaroo dip gets its name from the popular snack containing cookies and sweet frosting that kids loved to carry in their lunchboxes in the 90s and early 2000s. This homemade version, made with Funfetti cake mix, Greek yogurt, and Cool Whip, and topped with your favorite sprinkles is just as much fun and even more delicious.
Even better, this fun recipe is incredibly quick and easy to prepare, making it an ideal choice for parties. Serve it with animal crackers or Nilla wafers if you really want to recreate that childhood nostalgia feeling. Or try some fresh fruit, biscotti, or pretzels for a more grown up and sophisticated take on this classic.
💖Why We Love This Recipe
It’s Quick and Easy – With just four simple ingredients, this dip comes together in minutes, and it may be one of the easiest treats you’ve ever made.
Great for Parties – The sweet and indulgent cake flavor and the bright rainbow sprinkles are fun and festive, making this a perfect treat for birthday parties.
Versatile – You can change the cake mix flavor, add different mix-ins, and try different colors and types of sprinkles to make all kinds of fun variations on this recipe.
- Funfetti cake mix
- Cool Whip
- Vanilla Greek yogurt
- Rainbow sprinkles for topping
📖How to Make Dunkaroo Dip
Step 1: Start by heat treating the dry cake mix. (This step is necessary when working with raw flour – it will help to ensure that the mix is free of harmful bacteria.) Heat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and line a shallow baking sheet with parchment paper.
Step 2: Sprinkle the cake mix onto the parchment, smoothing it into an even layer. Bake in the oven for 5 minutes, then allow it to cool to room temperature.
Step 3: Place the cake mix in a large mixing bowl. Add the vanilla yogurt, Cool Whip, and a generous sprinkle of rainbow sprinkles. Mix with an electric mixer to combine.
Step 4: Put the dip in a serving bowl and add extra sprinkles on top.
Tips & Tricks
- You can substitute white cake mix for the Funfetti. Lemon, vanilla, or strawberry would also be delicious in this recipe.
- Mix some chocolate or white chocolate chips into your dip. Mini chips or M&Ms would also work.
- Use a larger mixing bowl than you think you’ll need and a sturdy wooden spoon for mixing. This will help ensure that you can mix the dip thoroughly without anything spilling out.
- If you don’t have Greek yogurt, you can substitute cream cheese. In this case, I’d also recommend adding a bit of vanilla extract.
What Can I Serve with Dunkaroo Dip?
There are lots of great options! Some of our favorite dippers include:
- Graham crackers
- Animal crackers
- Vanilla wafers
- Sugar cookies
- Fresh fruit
Store any leftover dip in an airtight container or covered with plastic wrap in the refrigerator. It should keep for 3-4 days.
More Party Treats
- Easy Oreo Fluff
- Butterbeer Frosting Board
- Sugar Cookie Pudding Shots
- No Bake Cheesecake Bites
- Hot Chocolate Charcuterie Board
Easy Dunkaroo Dip Recipe
- Start by heat treating the dry cake mix. (This step is necessary when working with raw flour – it will help to ensure that the mix is free of harmful bacteria.) Heat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and line a shallow baking sheet with parchment paper.15.25 ounces Funfetti cake mix
- Pour the box of Funfetti cake mix over the parchment, smoothing it into an even layer. Bake in the oven for 5 minutes, then allow it to cool to room temperature.
- Place the cake mix in a large mixing bowl. Add the Cool Whip, vanilla yogurt and a generous sprinkle of rainbow sprinkles. Mix with an electric mixer to combine.8 oz. Cool Whip, 1 cup Vanilla Greek yogurt, 2 tbsp Rainbow sprinkles for topping
- Put the dip in a serving bowl and add extra sprinkles on top.
- If you don’t have Funfetti cake mix, you can substitute a white cake mix instead. Lemon, vanilla, or strawberry cake mix are also fun options.