This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
This easy Valentine’s Day Charcuterie Board is filled with sweet, juicy strawberries, colorful candy and cookies to create a beautiful heart shape design that everyone will fall in love with. It’s perfect for serving at parties or just for sharing with that special someone to show them how much you care.
Charcuterie boards are as popular as ever and this Valentine’s Day, why not skip the box of chocolates. Treat your loved ones to a beautiful grazing board instead. Because you can easily adjust the amount of ingredients, it’s a fun and delicious way to serve sweet and tasty snacks, whether it’s for that someone special or you’re feeding a crowd.
The great thing about this dessert board is that there’s no baking or special preparation needed. The cookies, candy and fresh strawberries are just stylishly arranged on a board, creating a pretty work of art with just a few easy steps.
💖 Why We Love This Valentine Charcuterie Board
- Beautiful: It’s not only tasty, but it’s also a beautiful board that’s perfect for all your Valentine’s Day festivities or for a special date night.
- Easy: While it is certainly impressive looking, it could not be any easier to make. It uses simple treats found on the cookie and candy aisle at any local grocery store, making it a great last minute dessert idea for your next party.
- Versatile: The items listed in this recipe are just suggestions. Feel free to swap them out with similar items or any of your favorite festive colored snacks.
- Circular Wooden Charcuterie Board (or cutting board)
- Piping bag
- Large star piping tip
- Party toothpicks
- Fresh strawberries
- Pink Frosting
- Pink and White Frosted Animal Crackers
- Mini Marshmallows
- White, Pink and Red Sprinkle Mix
👩🏼🍳How to Make a Valentine’s Charcuterie Board
Step 1. Insert the decorating tip into your piping bag and snip off the end of the bag.
Step 2. Scoop the pink frosting inside the piping bag.
Step 3. To make this a heart-shaped charcuterie board, pipe a medium sized heart in the middle of your charcuterie board.
Step 4. Add red, white and pink sprinkles to the top of the heart-shaped frosting.
Step 5. Line the outside edges of the heart with mini marshmallows.
Step 6. Layer the pink and white frosted animal crackers around the marshmallows. Alternate the colors as you continue around the heart.
Step 7. Fill the entire inside of the heart with strawberries and add more around the bottom. Place one strawberry in the top center of the board above the heart.
Step 8. Use the piping bag to add dots of frosting to any empty spaces that are left. Top the frosting with more sprinkles and enjoy!
What is a Charcuterie Board?
The classic charcuterie board was originally made using various types of cured meat, cheeses and savory dips and was served as a hearty appetizer before the main course. The word “charcuterie,” literally means “cooked meats.” However, over the last several years these boards, also known as grazing boards, have taken on a whole new life.
Now days, there is no wrong way to make these amazing snack boards. From a Hot Chocolate Charcuterie Board to Christmas Charcuterie Boards to even more specific themed boards like this Butterbeer Frosting Board, they’re a fun idea and a great way to serve guests.
How Do You Pronounce Charcuterie?
There are so many funny different ways people try to pronounce charcuterie. But the right way to pronounce it is, “shar-KOO-tuh-ree.” But truly, no matter what you call it, they are so much fun and are always one of our favorite things to make for parties!
Valentine’s Day Board Variations
- Candies: Replace any grazing board items with your favorite pink, red or white themed candy or heart-shaped treats or snacks. Conversation hearts candy, cherry Twizzler bites, red licorice, red hots candy, or any other small candies that go with the colors on your festive charcuterie board will work.
- Fresh Fruit: We used strawberries, but you can use any fresh fruit you like. Raspberries are a great option and for a more exotic presentation, you can use slices of dragon fruit.
- Chocolate: Chocolate is always a great idea. You can add white chocolate, milk chocolate or dark chocolate Hershey kisses. Check on the seasonal aisle at the grocery store for chocolate that’s in cute heart shapes. Valentine’s M&M’s are easy to find and always add to the adorable presentation.
- Dips: Add a couple small bowls of your favorite fruit dip or dessert dips on the side for extra dipping goodness. This Dunkaroo Dip is great choice and taste great with just about any cookie you choose to serve.
What if I Don’t Have a Charcuterie Board?
You don’t have to use a special charcuterie board. In fact, most people use a regular cutting board. It just has to be large enough to hold a variety of snacks. You can also use a small marble slab or even a large kitchen platter.
Tips for Making the Best Valentine’s Day Dessert Board
- Make sure your frosting is thick enough to hold the star tip design. We use store bought strawberry frosting or sometimes cream cheese frosting with some pink food coloring added. You can also use your favorite homemade frosting recipe with a little pink gel food coloring.
- Avoid going too crazy with the selection of treats you add. About 2-3 items from a couple different categories is all you need to make the perfect Valentines Day charcuterie board. You want your board to be full but have a nice design at the same time.
- Use different textures, sizes and shapes to keep it interesting. For this board, the marshmallows are soft and chewy, the berries are juicy, and the cookies have a little bit of a crunch.
- Keep with a color scheme based on the special day or occasion. You want everyone to be able to tell it’s a themed board just by the colors of the items on the board. Nothing says, “Happy Valentine’s Day,” more than pink, red and white candy and cookies.
Want More Valentine Recipes?
- Valentine Brownie Truffles
- Chocolate Hearts
- Valentine Mocktails
- Best Valentine Cocktails
- White Chocolate Mousse
- Mini Valentine’s Day Cake
- Valentine Candy Hearts
Valentines Charcuterie Board
- Insert the decorating tip into your piping bag and snip off the end of the bag.
- Scoop the pink frosting inside the piping bag.16 ounces Pink Frosting of Choice
- To make this a heart-shaped charcuterie board, pipe a medium sized heart in the middle of your charcuterie board.
- Add red, white and pink sprinkles to the top of the heart-shaped frosting.1/4 cup Valentine Sprinkles
- Line the outside edges of the heart with mini marshmallows.1 1/2 cups Mini Marshmallows
- Layer the pink and white frosted animal crackers around the marshmallows. Alternate the colors as you continue around the heart.35 Pink and White Frosted Animal Crackers
- Fill the entire inside of the heart with strawberries and add more around the bottom. Place one strawberry in the top center of the board above the heart.19 Strawberries
- Use the piping bag to add dots of frosting to any empty spaces that are left. Top the frosting with more sprinkles and enjoy!
- The ingredient amounts listed above are approximate. Your amount needed may vary depending on the size of the board, number of different ingredients you add, etc.
- Add whatever you want to make this board even more festive and fun. You can try conversation hearts candy, cherry Twizzler bites, red licorice, or red hots candy just to name a few