This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
These cotton candy Jello shots will remind you of the sweet fluffy candy you loved as a kid. They’re a fun and unique treat that’s sure to be a big hit at your next party.
Want a summer party shot that’s a true showstopper? Give these colorful cotton candy Jello shots a try. Vodka Jello shots with pink and blue flavors of Starburst Jello are mixed with real cotton candy to make a fun, boozy treat.
Not only do these shots taste delicious, but they’re so pretty and festive that no one will be able to resist them. With their pink and blue layers, colorful sprinkle rim, and whipped cream and cotton candy garnish, they’re sure to be the prettiest treat on your party table.
Try these delicious shots to bring all the boozy fun to your next gathering. The sweet taste of fresh cotton candy will bring back memories of the popular carnival treat, but with a twist you can’t resist!
Table of Contents
Why We Love This Recipe
It’s Fun – These colorful cotton candy shots are a boozy version of the classic childhood carnival treat. You get all the sweet flavor but with a fun kick!
It’s Unique – Real cotton candy added to the Jello mixture gives these treats a unique and delicious flavor that’s unlike any other Jello shot.
Great for Parties – With their sprinkle rimmed glasses and whipped cream and cotton candy for a fun garnish, these great tasting Jello shots will be the most popular treat at any cocktail party.
- Blue Starburst Jello
- Pink Starburst Jello
- Boiling Water
- Pink cotton candy
- Blue cotton candy
- Corn syrup
- Whipped Cream for Garnish
- Extra Cotton Candy for Garnish
How to Make Cotton Candy Jello Shots
Step 1: Lightly dip a basting brush in the corn syrup and brush around the rim of each glass. Dip the rim into the sprinkles, tapping down on the sprinkles to make sure they stick well.
Step 2: Add the pink Jello and ½ cup hot water to a medium mixing bowl. Whisk until the Jello is fully dissolved. Add ½ cup of vodka and whisk until all is dissolved.
Step 3: Add about a cup of pink cotton candy to the Jello mixture and whisk until fully dissolved.
Step 4: Fill your shot glasses about halfway with the pink Jello. Place the glasses in the refrigerator to set.
Step 5: Add the blue Jello and 1 cup of boiling water to another medium mixing bowl. Mix until dissolved, then then add ½ cup vodka and stir.
Step 6: Add about 1 cup of blue cotton candy to the blue Jello mixture and whisk once more to fully dissolve.
Step 7: Once the pink layer has fully set, add the blue Jello mixture on top to fill the glasses. Place the shots back into the fridge to set.
Step 8: Remove from the fridge and top with whipped cream or Cool Whip, cotton candy, and sprinkles.
Tips & Tricks
- If you’re short on time, you can skip the layering and make pink and blue shots in solid colors.
- You can use any favorite vodka, or even light rum in this recipe. Cotton candy, whipped cream flavored vodka, or coconut rum would all be delicious.
- Spray a little coconut oil in the bottom of your shot cups to make the Jello easier to remove. You can also run a butter knife around the inside of each cup to loosen the shot before adding the garnish.
- If you want your shots to chill faster, you can put them in freezer for 10-20 minutes and then transfer them to the fridge to finish setting.
Store your shots in the refrigerator in an airtight container or use the small plastic cups made for Jello shots that come with individual lids. If you’re making these in advance, don’t add the garnish until just before serving.
The Starburst Jello seems to be the best for getting that cotton candy pink color and the cotton candy flavor, but you can use any flavors of blue or pink colored Jello that you like.
Want to make your own cotton candy from scratch? This is one of our favorite cotton candy machines.
More Cool Jello Shots
If you liked this Jello shot recipe, you’ll want to try these too!
- Pina Colada Jello Shots
- Strawberry Whipped Cream Jello Shots
- Orange Creamsicle Jello Shots
- Margarita Jello Shots
- Green Apple Fireball Jello Shots
Cotton Candy Jello Shots
- 1 box Pink Starburst Gelatin 3.94 ounce size
- 2 1/2 cups boiling water divided
- 1/2 cup pink cotton candy
- 1 box Blue Starburst Gelatin 3.94 ounce size
- 1 cup vodka divided
- 1/2 cup blue cotton candy
- corn syrup for the rim
- sprinkles for the rim
- extra cotton candy for garnish for garnish
- whipped cream for garnish
- Lightly dip a basting brush in the corn syrup and brush around the rim of each glass. Dip the rim into the sprinkles, tapping down on the sprinkles to make sure they stick well.corn syrup, sprinkles
- Add the pink Starburst gelating and ½ cup hot water to a medium mixing bowl. Whisk until the Jello is fully dissolved. Add ½ cup vodka and whisk until all is dissolved.1 box Pink Starburst Gelatin, 2 1/2 cups boiling water, 1 cup vodka
- Add about a cup of pink cotton candy to the Jello mixture and whisk until fully dissolved.1/2 cup pink cotton candy
- Fill your shot glasses about halfway with the pink Jello, then refrigerate to set.
- Add the blue Jello and 1 cup of boiling water to another medium mixing bowl. Mix until dissolved, then then add ½ cup vodka and stir.2 1/2 cups boiling water, 1 box Blue Starburst Gelatin, 1 cup vodka
- Add about 1 cup of blue cotton candy to the blue Jello mixture and whisk once more to fully dissolve.1/2 cup blue cotton candy
- Once the pink layer has fully set, add the blue Jello mixture on top to fill the glasses. Place the shots back into the fridge to set.
- Remove from the fridge and top with whipped cream or Cool Whip, cotton candy, and sprinkles.extra cotton candy for garnish, whipped cream