This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
This Frozen Watermelon Daiquiri recipe is a refreshing taste of summer in a cocktail glass. Juicy watermelon, tangy lime juice, and light rum combine to form this boozy frozen treat that will keep you cool even on the hottest days of the year.
You can never go wrong with a classic daiquiri. It’s always a popular summer cocktail and this frozen watermelon daiquiri recipe takes it to the next level.
We already love watermelon as a staple at summer picnics and events, but it really shines in this drink. The watermelon flavor is a perfect match for the fresh lime juice, while agave gives just the right touch of sweetness, and light rum adds an extra dose of fun to liven up your parties.
This cocktail is served blended, which makes it icy cold and refreshing. It also makes for easy prep and clean up, even if you’re serving a large batch. Once you try these, you’ll want to keep some frozen watermelon on hand all the time so you can have these delicious cocktails available at a moment’s notice!
💖Why We Love This Recipe
It’s Refreshing – Juicy watermelon and tangy lime juice are blended with ice and rum to create a watermelon cocktail that’s like an adult slushy – icy cold and a perfect way to escape the summer heat on a hot day.
It’s Easy – We love blended drinks because it’s so easy to make a big batch in a hurry. There are only a handful of ingredients and no cocktail shaker needed – just toss everything in and push the button!
It’s Versatile – Frozen daiquiris are delicious in all kinds of different fruit flavors, and this base recipe can be used to make lots of fun creations. Switch up this fun drink with frozen strawberries, mangos, peaches, or bananas in place of the watermelon.
- Frozen seedless watermelon chunks – adds the fresh watermelon flavor
- Ice – turns your drink into a frozen treat
- Rum (We used Bacardi white rum) – adds the boozy fun
- Juice of 2 limes – adds citrus flavor and balances the sweetness of the watermelon
- Agave – sweetens your drink
- Fresh watermelon slices and lime slices – for garnish
👩🏼🍳How to Make Frozen Watermelon Daiquiris
Step 1: Add the ice cubes and watermelon chunks to a high speed blender.
Step 2: Pour in the light rum.
Step 3: Add fresh lime juice. Follow it up with the agave.
Step 4: Blend until the mixture is a smooth but still pourable slushy consistency. Pour into margarita glasses (or your favorite cocktail glasses) and garnish each drink with a fresh watermelon slice and lime slices.
Tips & Tricks
- If your daiquiri is still too thick after blending, you can add an additional 1-2 tablespoons of lime juice or water to thin it out so that it can be poured.
- You can use white rum, dark rum or even Malibu rum with this recipe. You can even give it an extra flavor boost by adding watermelon liqueurs.
- Look for seedless watermelon, so you don’t have to worry about removing seeds or accidentally getting some in your drink.
- Leave out the rum to create a kid-friendly version of this drink. You can use a bit of pineapple, orange, or other fruit juice in place of the rum.
- Buy and freeze extra watermelon when it’s in season and on sale. This watermelon daiquiri recipe will bring the back the taste of summer any time of year!
Any kind of mid-range light rum will work perfectly in this recipe. We like Bacardi brand or something comparable.
More Summer Cocktails
- Classic Bacardi Daiquiris
- Strawberry Daiquiris
- Coconut Mojitos
- 15 Best Frozen Cocktails
- Pineapple Margaritas
Frozen Watermelon Daiquiri
- 3 cups watermelon frozen
- 1 cup ice
- 2 ounces rum
- 2 limes
- 1 ounce agave
- watermelon wedges and lime slices for garnish
- Add the watermelon chunks and ice to your blender.3 cups watermelon, 1 cup ice
- Pour in the light rum.2 ounces rum
- Add fresh lime juice and agave.2 limes, 1 ounce agave
- Blend until the mixture is smooth but still pourable. Pour into margarita glasses (or your favorite cocktail glasses) and garnish each drink with a fresh watermelon wedge and lime slices.watermelon wedges and lime slices for garnish
- If your daiquiri is still too thick after blending, you can add an another 1-2 tablespoons of lime juice or water to thin it out enough to be poured.