This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
These OREO Snowman Pops are super cute and easy to make! Made with OREO cookies and white chocolate, they’re the perfect holiday dessert for parties, Christmas gifts or just a fun treat for the kids!
If I could include Oreo cookies in every recipe, I probably would! I’ve made everything from an Oreo Milkshake recipe to Oreo Fluff. If you really like decadent desserts, you’ll want to check out my Oreo Poke Cake…it’s totally droolworthy!
This easy Christmas recipe is about as cute as it gets and so easy to make! If you’ve got Oreo cookies, chocolate and some lollipop sticks, you can easily make these Oreo Snowman Pops.
Table of Contents
Why We Love Oreo Snowman Pops
EASY – Not only are these fun to make but they’re super easy too. Even the kids will have a good time making their own snowman Oreo cookie and it’s the perfect way to squeeze in a little family funtime!
FOUR INGREDIENTS – This simple recipe takes just four ingredients and some lollipop sticks, making these Christmas treats budget friendly too!
TASTY – I mean, you can never go wrong with Oreo cookies, right? They’re the perfect treat for your next holiday party or even a cookie exchange.
Did I mention that you only need four ingredients?
- Oreo Cookies
- White Candy Melts
- Black Decorating Icing
- Orange Decorating Icing
Once you’ve gathered your ingredients (which should take about two minutes), you’re ready to get started!
Step 1: Melt candy melts in a microwave safe bowl. I start at 30 seconds, then continue in 15 second increments, stirring in between, until chocolate is smooth and melted completely.
Step 2: Pull Oreo cookies apart. Dip one end of a lollipop stick in the white chocolate, then place it in the middle of the Oreo.
Step 3: Place the other half of the cookie on top and gently push down. Repeat with the remaining cookies and allow to set for 10 minutes.
Step 4: Once you’ve inserted the the lollipop sticks, dip OREO cookie into the melted chocolate. Be sure to cover both sides evenly.
Step 5: Flip the cookie so that the entire Oreo is covered in a chocolate coating.
Step 6: Place each dipped Oreo on a parchment paper lined cookie sheet. Let set for about 20-30 minutes.
Step 7: Add the snowman’s eyes, mouth and carrot nose with colored icing. If you don’t have colored icing, melt extra candy melts and color them with black and orange food coloring.
Step 8: Allow to set for about an hour and they’re ready to eat!
Cookies – If you want to change it up a little, you can make these with mint Oreos or another variety. You can pretty much make these with any round cookie and even change up the filling. For example, Nilla Wafers with peanut butter in the middle would work for these too.
Chocolate – Don’t have candy melts? You can use use almond bark or white chocolate chips instead. We just prefer candy melts because they’re the easiest to work with.
Decorating Icing – If you don’t have orange or black icing, melt more white candy melts (you don’t need much) and color them with black and orange food coloring.
Smaller Treats – Want to make these in different sizes? Try using mini Oreos too.
Store your cookie pops in an airtight container. If you are going to stack them, place a piece of wax paper or parchment paper between each layer.
They should be good for up to two weeks stored at room temperature.
OREO Snowman Pops
- 6-Inch Lollipop Sticks
- Melt candy melts in a microwave safe bowl.1 cup white chocolate melts
- Pull OREO cookies apart. Dip one end of a lollipop stick in the white chocolate, then place on the inside of one of the cookies.12 OREO Cookies
- Place the other half of the cookie on top and gently push down. Repeat with the remaining cookies and allow to set for 10 minutes.
- Once you’ve inserted the the lollipop sticks, dip OREO cookie into the melted chocolate.
- Flip the cookie so that it’s completely covered in chocolate.
- Place on a parchment paper lined cookie sheet and let set for 20-30 minutes.
- Add the face with colored icing.Black decorating icing, Orange decorating icing
- It’s best to do this in the form of an assembly line. First dip all the Oreo cookies. Once the chocolate sets, add all the eyes at the same time, then go back and do the nose, then the mouth. I found it saves time this way.
- If your melted candy melts are too thick, you can thin the consistency by adding a small amount of shortening or Wilton Candy Melts EZ Thin.
- Serving these for a party? You may want to use a white cake pop stand to display them.