A Frankenstein pumpkin may sound scary but this no carve pumpkin is an easy Halloween craft that’s way more fun than frightening!
For your convenience, this post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
We are big fans of no-carve pumpkins in my house. It’s not as dangerous, less messy and definitely a whole lot easier…which also means more kid-friendly.
I’d already come up with about a gazillion no-carve Halloween pumpkin ideas but somehow had never made a Frankenstein pumpkin. Then inspiration hit me in a dollar store. As I wandered through the Halloween aisle, I stumbled across this Frankenstein card.
I was still looking for more ideas for my next Suncoast View appearance and as soon as I saw this card, I immediately had my next idea. Once I grabbed an extra pumpkin, I couldn’t wait to get home and start another Halloween craft (and these DIY Sweet Monster Rolls are perfect for if you get the munchies while crafting).
- Paint your pumpkin green. You may need two coats.
- Draw hair on with a pencil or sharpie. I like to have an outline so that it's easier to paint.
- Paint the hair with black acrylic paint.
- Use white, green and black craft foam to cut pieces for the eyes.
- Assemble the eyes and glue with hot glue.
- Hot glue eyes to the front of the pumpkin, then use black craft foam to cut a mouth. I went a little rogue and made mine different from the card. There's no right or wrong way so make it the way you like. Also, don't worry about the hot glue strings. You can take all those off at the end.
- Use white craft foam to make teeth and glue them around the mouth.
- Finally, take a permanent marker and make stitches around the eyes and mouth.
- Now just add your Frankenstein pumpkin to you Halloween display and enjoy!
Estimated cost is based on what you'd pay at a dollar store. Buying on Amazon will cost more but you do get the trade-off of having the supplies delivered straight to your door.
Add a few decorative pumpkins and you’ve got some fun Halloween decor!
Check out Suncoast View to see the rest of this years no-carve pumpkin ideas…
Want more cute Halloween pumpkins for your front porch? Get all the tutorials here:
- Baby Yoda Pumpkin
- Harry Potter Pumpkin
- Golden Snitch Pumpkin
- Pumpkin Diorama
- Unicorn Pumpkin
- Jack Skellington Pumpkin
- Sally Skellington Pumpkin
- Hello Kitty Pumpkin
- Frankenstein Pumpkin
- Mummy Pumpkin
- Black Cat Pumpkin
- Emoji Pumpkins
- Bat Pumpkin
- Spider Pumpkin
- Melted Crayon Pumpkin
- Cinderella Inspired Pumpkin
- Teal Pumpkin
- Butterfly Pumpkin
- Bumblebee Pumpkin
- Metallic Polka Dot Pumpkin
- Caramel Apple Pumpkin
- Spiderweb Pumpkin
- Glitter Pumpkin
- Dollar Tree Pumpkin
- Minnie Mouse Pumpkin
- Mickey Mouse Pumpkin
- Spiderman Pumpkin
Want even more fun Halloween ideas? Check these out…
The Halloween Boo Basket is one of my favorite new Halloween traditions! Get the free printable and check out these inexpensive boo basket ideas.
This Mummy Pizza is the Halloween night dinner! Plus, it’s easy enough that little ones can make their own.
Candy Corn Inspired Cookies are the perfect Halloween treat! They look adorable and are melt in your mouth good!