These toilet paper roll owl crafts are a great way to keep kids entertained on a rainy day. The best part is that you probably already have all the craft supplies you need to make these fun owls, so they’re budget-friendly too!
If there’s one craft project that’s easy on the budget, it’s a toilet paper roll craft. All you usually need is are empty toilet paper rolls, a little construction paper and some googly eyes. Most of the time, I find everything I need for these simple crafts just lying around the house.
This time I thought it would be a fun idea to make some cute owls. It’s a great craft for kids of all ages and older kids can even help their younger siblings with their own little owls. Plus, it helps with those fine motor skills, so it’s a win/win all around!
Now, grab your toilet paper tubes and get crafty with these easy step by step instructions!
- Print the template and cut out the pieces.
- Cover the toilet paper roll with the large rectangular piece of craft paper to make the owl's body.
- Glue feathers around the bottom of the roll.
- Glue wing shapes to the sides of the toilet paper roll.
- Push the top of the roll down to create two pointed sides. This will form your owl ears.
- Glue the owl's beak and googly eyes to make your owl face and you've got an adorable toilet paper roll owl craft.
If you don't have googly eyes, you can use white paper instead. Just cut large white circles and use a black marker to make smaller circles on the inside.
This was such an easy craft that we ended up making two of them. We used brown and orange paper but you can use as many different colors as you like.
You may even want to cut the cardboard tubes in half to make owl babies. As long as you have tp rolls, paper and a glue stick, you’re totally good to go!
If you loved this simple owl craft, you’ll want to check out these fun toilet paper roll crafts for kids!