This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
This Frank’s Red Hot Buffalo Chicken Dip features tender shredded chicken that’s smothered in zesty hot sauce and gooey melted cheese. It’s a rich, creamy and sinfully delicious appetizer that’s a must-have for any party!
Frank’s Redhot Buffalo Chicken Dip
Chicken wings are one of my favorite appetizers for pretty much any party or game-day gathering. And while traditional chicken wings, like these Garlic Parmesan Wings, are great, sometimes you just need something a little more quick and easy.
That’s where this easy cheesy buffalo chicken dip shines! It’s super simple to put together and can be prepped the night before, then baked right before the party starts.
With its irresistibly zesty flavor, creamy texture, and an extra dose of cheesy goodness, this buffalo chicken dip recipe will vanish from your snack table in record time. Baked in a cast iron skillet, this dip is served piping hot, but if you’d like to try a cold version, you should also check out this Cold Buffalo Chicken Dip.
Why We Love This Recipe
- Sinfully delicious: The combination of tangy buffalo sauce, savory chicken, and cool creamy ranch creates an irresistible blend of tastes and textures that’ll be a hit at your next party.
- Simple to make: This easy to make dip taste like Buffalo chicken wings but without the mess of frying or baking.
- Great make ahead recipe: It’s easy to make this dip ahead of time and then just pop it in the oven when ready to serve.
- Cooked, shredded chicken- I used chicken breast meat
- Frank’s Red Hot Original Hot Sauce
- Cream cheese, cut into cubes and softened to room temperature
- Ranch salad dressing
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Colby monterey jack cheese blend
How to Make Red Hot Buffalo Chicken Dip
Step 1. Preheat oven to 400℉. In a 10-inch cast iron skillet over medium heat, heat the already cooked and shredded chicken with the hot sauce.
Step 2. Stir to combine and cook for 5 minutes.
Step 3. Add the blocks of cream cheese and ranch dressing. Stir to combine and continue to cook until fully heated through and the cheese is well incorporated.
Step 4. Remove the skillet from the heat, then mix in half of the shredded cheddar and colby monterey jack cheeses, stirring until combined.
Step 5. Top with the remaining shredded cheese.
Step 6. Transfer the cast iron skillet to the preheated oven and bake for 20 minutes or just until the mixture is heated and bubbly around the edges.
Step 7. Remove from the oven and garnish as desired. Serve hot!
How to Serve This Buffalo Chicken Dip Recipe?
- Bread slices or baguette: Cut bread slices or toasted baguette into bite-sized pieces to scoop up the dip.
- Chips: You can’t go wrong serving these with your favorite chips. Tortilla chips and corn chips are great with this creamy dip because they’re sturdy enough to hold the dip without crumbling.
- Veggies: Serve hot with celery sticks, carrots sticks, or thick slices of bell pepper. The refreshing and crunchy veggie sticks provide a nice cool contrast to hot dip.
- Crackers: This also tastes great with crackers like Wheat Thins, sesame crackers, butter crackers or pita chips.
- Pretzels: The saltiness and crunch of pretzel squares or pretzel chips are perfect with this dip.
Best Buffalo Chicken Variations and Add-ins
- Cream cheese: Add some blue cheese crumbles for 1/2 of the cream cheese to give the dip a tart and tangy flavor. You’ll still want to use at least 1/2 of the cream cheese to give it the creamy texture. You can also substitute Neufchatel cheese for the cream cheese if you prefer.
- Options for the salad dressing: Caesar salad dressing and blue cheese dressing are great substitutes for ranch. You can also use Greek yogurt or sour cream.
- Chicken: We used boneless skinless chicken breast, but you can use cooked and shredded thighs or even leftover rotisserie chicken from the grocery store.
- Toppings: This dip is always great as is but you can also add fun toppings like crispy bacon crumbles, bleu cheese crumbles or chopped green onions. Serve it topped with jalapeño peppers for a kick of heat or chopped parsley to add a little color.
- Mediterranean twist: Add chopped Kalamata olives, crumbled feta cheese (or bleu cheese crumbles) and diced cucumbers to the dip for a fun Mediterranean variation.
- Hot sauce: We used Frank’s Redhot Original Cayenne Pepper Sauce but you can use their Buffalo Wing Sauce if you’d like it a bit milder.
Can This Hot Dip Appetizer Be Frozen?
If you have leftovers that you’d like to store, allow the buffalo chicken dip to cool to room temperature, then transfer it to an airtight container. It will stay fresh in the fridge for 3-4 days or in the freezer for up to 3 months.
To reheat thawed dip, just heat it up in the microwave in a microwave-safe dish or place it back in the skillet over low heat until warm.
How Do I Make Buffalo Dip Less Runny?
If your dip turns out a little too runny, try using just 1/2 cup of the ranch dressing next time.
Can I Use A Crockpot To Make This Recipe?
You sure can! The slow cooker method is a great potluck or tailgating tip for helping keep it warm.
Just add the ingredients to the crockpot and heat on high setting for about an hour or on the low setting for a couple of hours until hot and bubbly. Before serving, give the dip a good stir, then garnish it with chopped green onions or parsley.
Want More Dip Recipes?
- Easy Sausage Cheese Dip
- Sour Cream Veggie Dip
- Ground Beef Taco Dip
- Easy Corn Dip
- Creamy Pickle Dip
- Spinach Dip
Frank’s Red Hot Buffalo Chicken Dip
- 3 cups shredded chicken cooked
- 1 cup Frank’s Red Hot Original hot sauce
- 12 ounces cream cheese cut into cubes and softened to room temperature
- ¾ cup ranch dressing
- 1 ¼ cup cheddar cheese shredded
- 1 ¼ cup colby monterey jack cheese blend shredded
- Preheat oven to 400℉. In a 10-inch cast iron skillet over medium heat, heat the already cooked and shredded chicken with the hot sauce.3 cups shredded chicken, 1 cup Frank’s Red Hot Original hot sauce
- Stir to combine and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the blocks of cream cheese and ranch dressing. Stir to combine and continue to cook until fully heated through and the cheese is well incorporated.12 ounces cream cheese, ¾ cup ranch dressing
- Remove the skillet from the heat, then mix in half of the shredded cheddar and colby monterey jack cheeses, stirring until combined.1 ¼ cup cheddar cheese, 1 ¼ cup colby monterey jack cheese blend
- Top with the remaining shredded cheese.1 ¼ cup cheddar cheese, 1 ¼ cup colby monterey jack cheese blend
- Transfer the cast iron skillet to the preheated oven and bake for 20 minutes or just until the mixture is heated and bubbly around the edges.
- Remove from the oven and garnish as desired. Serve hot!
- Serve with toasted baguette slices, crackers, pretzels, celery, carrot sticks or anything else you like.
- This recipe can also be made in your crock pot or slow cooker. See post above for the instructions.