This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
These lemonade Jello shots are a fun and boozy party treat with the fruity flavor of our favorite summer drink. It’s the perfect recipe to get your next party off to an amazing start!
What’s better than a tangy and sweet glass of lemonade in the summer? How about some fun Jello shots made with lemonade and a boozy vodka kick. These lemonade Jello shots are full of zesty lemon flavor, spiked with vodka, and topped with fresh whipped cream.
Whether you’re hanging out by the pool, throwing a big party, or enjoying a patio happy hour, Jello shots are refreshing and fun start to any gathering. We’ve made everything from Rainbow Jello Shots to Margarita Jello Shots but these are our new summer favorite! And with just a few simple ingredients, and very little prep time, they’re the perfect easy make-ahead treat.
With plenty of fresh lemon flavor, these unique and delicious shots will be a huge hit with your party guests. You’ll want to serve these boozy sweet treats all summer long!
Why We Love This Jello Shot Recipe
Easy – With just a handful of ingredients and a few minutes of prep time, this simple recipe is an easy summer treat.
Refreshing – There’s nothing like a cold glass of lemonade on a hot day but it’s even more fun when that delicious flavor is in the form of this fun and boozy shot.
Ideal for Summer Parties – Jello shots are a party favorite, and this is a unique flavor that you don’t find in basic Jello shots. They disappear fast though…you’ll want to make a big batch for your next outdoor party!
- Lemonade, divided
- Knox gelatin
- Whipped cream for topping
- Lemon slices for topping
- Plastic shot cups
How to Make Lemonade Jello Shots
Step 1: Place the plastic cups on a baking sheet or into a muffin tin. Whisk
together 2 cups of lemonade and 3 envelopes of Knox gelatin in a small saucepan.
Step 2: Heat over medium heat until the mixture begins to steam, but don’t allow it to boil.
Step 3: Remove from the heat and add an 1 cup of lemonade and the
vodka to the gelatin mixture.
Step 4: Divide the Jello mixture evenly among your shot glasses and move them to the
fridge to chill for at least 4 hours.
Step 5: Before serving, top your shots with whipped cream and garnish with a fresh lemon slice or a small lemon wedge.
Tips & Tricks
- Try making pink lemonade Jello shots for a fun color variation.
- It may be tempting to add extra vodka, but it’s not a good idea. Too much alcohol will prevent your shots from setting properly.
- If you’re using store-bought lemonade, you can squeeze a few fresh lemon wedges into your shots. The fresh lemon juice really enhances the flavor.
- For an extra fancy presentation, use empty lemon halves as your shot containers!
- Want a lemony drink but don’t have time for the Jello to set? Try these Lemon Drop Shots instead.
How To Make Strawberry Lemonade Jello Shots
If you have the extra time, you can take these up a notch by turning them into fun layered shots. You’ll need to double the Jello cups (or half the recipe) and fill each cup halfway with this Strawberry Whipped Cream Jello shot mixture. Refrigerate until completely set (approximately 2 hours).
Next, fill the cups the rest of the way with the lemonade Jello mixture. Place back into the refrigerator until set. Just before serving, top with whipped cream and a strawberry.
Sure! In fact, I’d recommend it. You can make these several days in advance and save time on party day. Keep them covered in the refrigerator and wait until just before serving to add the whipped cream. (These cups each come with a lid to make storing them easy).
Yes! Berry flavor tastes great with lemonade, so try Svedka strawberry lemonade vodka, or you can just use a raspberry or strawberry vodka in place of regular vodka.
More Summer Jello Shots
- Pina Colada Jello Shots
- Strawberry Whipped Cream Jello Shots
- 4th Of July Jello Shots
- Orange Creamsicle Jello Shots
- Tequila Sunrise Jello Shots
Lemonade Jello Shots
- 16 plastic jello cups 2 ounce size
- 3 cups lemonade divided
- 3 envelopes Knox gelatin
- 1 cup vodka
- whipped cream for topping
- fresh lemon slice for topping
- Place the plastic cups on a cookie sheet or into a muffin tin.
- Whisk together 2 cups of lemonade and 3 envelopes of Knox gelatin in a small saucepan.3 cups lemonade, 3 envelopes Knox gelatin
- Heat over medium heat until the mixture begins to steam, but don’t allow it to boil.
- Remove from the heat and add vodka and an additional cup of lemonade.1 cup vodka, 3 cups lemonade
- Divide the Jello mixture evenly among your shot glasses and move them to the fridge to chill for at least 4 hours.
- Before serving, top your shots with whipped cream and garnish with a fresh lemon slice or a small lemon wedge.whipped cream for topping, fresh lemon slice for topping
- Be careful not to be too generous with the vodka. It’s tempting but too much alcohol will prevent your shots from setting properly.