Need a last minute treat for Valentine’s Day? These Dark Chocolate Valentine Hearts take just minutes to make and even less time to eat!
This post contains affiliate links to help you find what you need to make this recipe for yourself.
Last night as I was putting some bakeware away, I saw these heart shaped silicone baking cups staring out at me. I realized that I couldn’t let Valentine’s Day go by without using them to make a fun treat…otherwise it might be another year before they saw the light of day. Since I always have chocolate chips and loads of candy melts on hand, it didn’t take me long to come up with something good! All I needed were the chips, melts and a few Valentine’s Day themed sprinkles. It’s a new version of chocolate bark that doesn’t get much easier!
Dark Chocolate Valentine Hearts
Start by melting a cup of dark chocolate chips. Divide evenly among the silicone cups.
Tap each cup on the counter until the chocolate is spread evenly and most of the air bubbles have popped.
Squeeze the candy melts over the top of the chocolate.
Top with Valentine themed sprinkles.
Refrigerate for an hour and remove from silicone cups. These were so much fun to make and I love the way they turned out!
These make a perfect last minute Valentine treat, though they’re almost too pretty to eat!
These also make great teacher gifts.
- 1 cup Dark Chocolate Chips
- 1/8 cup Red Candy Melts, approximately 10 pieces
- 1/8 cup Pink Candy Melts, approximately 10 pieces
- 1/8 cup White Candy Melts, approximately 10 pieces
- 2 tbsp Sprinkles
- Melt chocolate in microwave for approximately 1 1/2 to 2 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds.
- Spoon chocolate into heart shaped silicone baking cups
- Tap each cup on the counter until chocolate is evenly distributed and most of the air bubbles have popped.
- Cut a small corner off three plastic sandwich bags
- Melt red candy melts for approximately 60 seconds and add to sandwich bag.
- Repeat for the remaining two colors
- Squeeze candy melts over the dark chocolate.
- Top with sprinkles.
- Refrigerate one hour. Enjoy!
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 207 Saturated Fat: 10g Sodium: 38mg Carbohydrates: 23g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 17g Protein: 2g
What are your favorite go-to Valentine treats?
Head to my Valentine’s Day page for more Valentine fun!
If you liked this post, you may want to check these out too…