This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
These 3-ingredient Bisquick sausage balls are one of our favorite bite size appetizers! Bursting with hearty cheese and sausage flavor, these delicious treats will be your go-to easy recipe for the holiday season, game day or any other occasion!
If you like easy recipes, it doesn’t get much easier than these 3-ingredient Bisquick Sausage Balls. These addictive bites have all the flavors of a sausage and cheese biscuit in a fun and convenient appetizer-sized package. All you need to do is combine Bisquick mix, sausage, and cheese, roll the mixture into balls and bake!
But don’t let the simplicity fool you – these easy treats are every bit as good as others that take twice as much time and effort. Like my bacon wrapped meatballs and baked jalapeno poppers, these make the most delicious appetizers for holiday parties and potlucks!
Not only are they a great last-minute party treat, these sausage cheese balls also work for a quick meal or tasty snack. And once you try them, you’ll be finding excuses to make them as often as possible!
💖Why We Love This Recipe
It’s Easy– With just three ingredients, this easy sausage ball recipe lets you make an easy appetizer in no time. It’s a perfect choice for those busy days when you still want something homemade and delicious.
Perfect for the Winter – While we usually serve these as an appetizer, these also make an easy breakfast for cold winter mornings. They’re perfect for when you want something easy but more filling (and much tastier) than a bowl of cereal.
Perfect for Parties – Make a big batch of these bite-sized snacks as a perfect appetizer for a holiday or game day party. They’re a sure crowd pleaser at any gathering.
- Shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Bisquick original pancake and baking mix
📖How to Make Bisquick Sausage Balls
Step 1: Heat oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Place the Bisquick, sausage, and cheese in a large bowl.
Step 2: Fold everything together until the mixture is well combined and all the ingredients are distributed evenly.
Step 3: Roll into 1-inch balls, placing them about 2 inches apart on the prepared baking sheet. Bake for 25 minutes, until golden brown.
Tip: You can use a cookie scoop to ensure that they’re all the same size.
Tips & Tricks
- You can use a regular breakfast sausage for this, but feel free to try other varieties like spicy Italian or Chorizo.
- Add some diced bell peppers and onions to the mixture for some extra flavor and texture.
- For best results, don’t go with turkey sausage or another lean variety of sausage for this recipe. The higher fat content gives this dish a delicious moist texture and better flavor.
- Have fun trying out different types of cheese in this recipe. You could go with mozzarella, pepper jack, or even cream cheese in place of the cheddar – or use your favorite cheese blend.
These cheesy sausage balls taste delicious on their own but you can also pair them with these dipping sauces:
- Honey mustard
- Homemade ranch dressing
- Barbecue sauce
- Sweet chili sauce
Serve these as a breakfast side with an egg dish or add your favorite dipping sauce and serve them on their own as a party appetizer. If serving them for a party, place them in a slow cooker on the warm setting to keep them nice and hot on your buffet table.
Yes – you can freeze either baked or uncooked sausage balls in an airtight container or freezer bag for up to 4 months. The best way to freeze raw sausage balls is to place them on a cookie sheet in the freezer for several hours then transfer the frozen sausage balls to a Ziploc bag. When ready to serve, you can bake them from frozen, but you’ll need to increase the baking time.
More Delicious Party Appetizers
- Bacon Wrapped Sausage Bites
- Baked Jalapeño Poppers
- 30+ Easy Meatball Appetizers
- Easy Pizza Pinwheels
- Fried Goat Cheese
3 Ingredient Bisquick Sausage Balls
- 2 cups Bisquick
- 1 lb. sausage
- 4 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Heat oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Place the Bisquick, sausage, and cheese in a large bowl.2 cups Bisquick, 1 lb. sausage, 4 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Fold everything together until the mixture is well combined and all the ingredients are distributed evenly.
- Roll into 1-inch balls, placing them about 2 inches apart on the prepared baking sheet. You can use a cookie scoop to ensure that they’re all the same size.
- Bake for 25 minutes, until golden brown.
- You can spice these up by using Italian or chorizo sausage in place of regular sausage.
- For best results, avoid using turkey sausage or another lean variety of sausage for this recipe. The higher fat content gives this dish a better texture and delicious flavor.