This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Why not combine a card with a craft for Mother’s Day this year! The kids will have so much fun making this egg carton Mother’s Day card for mom’s special day.
With Mother’s Day just around the corner, it’s time to break out the cards and crafts. I’ll be back on Sarasota’s Suncoast View co-hosting and doing a Mother’s Day segment and I knew I needed to come up with a fun, yet simple, card for Mother’s Day. Last year I shared my favorite Mother’s Day questionnaire so this year I wanted something new.
I’d also need new crafts. Some of my favorite crafts from previous years are these DIY tile photo coasters and a super easy photo cube. The best part about this card is that it combines both a card AND a craft. Plus, it’s easy to make.
Easy is the key word since Dad is usually the one making these with the kids (after all, mom can’t help with her own gift, right?). My hubby is talented in a gazillion ways but crafting is not really his thing. However, he’ll have no problem helping the girls with this cute card for mom.
Egg Carton Mother’s Day Card
The only tricky thing about this is that you need to start saving those egg cartons ahead of time, especially if you need more than one color. If you forget, don’t worry! Just buy some eggs from the store, put them in a bowl and start cutting up that carton. Once you’ve got the egg cartons squared away, you just need a few more supplies and you’re totally good to go…
- (1) Large piece of white construction paper
- Styrofoam egg cartons (a variety of colors works best)
- Rhinestones or buttons
- Green craft foam
- Cut egg carton apart until you have six "cups"
- Take two of the pieces and glue one inside the other.
- Do the same with the remaining pieces.
- Fold the construction paper in half and write message at the top. Glue egg carton pieces underneath, leaving room for leaves and stems.
- Glue rhinestones to the middle of the flower.
- Cut grass, stems and leaves from green craft foam.
- Glue to front of card
- Hide somewhere safe and give to mom on Mother's Day!
Want more Mother’s Day ideas? Check these out…