This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
This mouthwatering pistachio cookies recipe, packed with crunchy pistachios and white chocolate chips, are so delicious and loaded with flavor. Always a hit, these sweet and nutty cookies will have everyone asking for your recipe!
Move over walnuts and pecans, this pistachio cookie is about to become your new favorite nutty treat! Pistachios and white chocolate are a match made in heaven, and this delicious chewy cookie is packed with both, giving it a sweet yet sophisticated flavor and a great texture.
Though just as easy to make as any chocolate chip cookie, these are way more interesting and delicious. Bring them to a potluck, bake sale or cookie exchange any time you want to impress a crowd with a unique and delicious dessert.
Table of Contents
Why We Love This Recipe
It’s Different – If you’re looking for something a little more interesting than your typical peanut butter or chocolate chip cookies, this chewy pistachio cookie is a great option. Pistachio and white chocolate makes an unexpected flavor combination that’s incredibly rich and delicious.
It Makes a Great Gift – The unique pistachio flavor makes these treats one of our favorite cookies to give as a gift. Make a batch next time you need a present for a favorite teacher or bring some to a party as a gift for the host or hostess
It Uses Real Pistachios – A lot of pistachio cookies are actually pistachio pudding cookies, adding the artificial flavor of the instant pudding mix. And while there’s certainly nothing wrong with using a boxed mix, they won’t have the same natural nutty flavor and homemade taste. Have pistachios left over? Use them to make these Pistachio Cupcakes too!
- butter – gives a rich flavor and texture to your cookies
- white sugar – makes your cookies sweet and delicious
- brown sugar – adds extra flavor and sweetness
- vanilla extract – adds a touch of rich vanilla flavor
- egg – adds moisture and structure
- all purpose flour – stabilizes and thickens the cookies
- baking powder – helps your cookies rise
- salt – brings out all the flavors in your cookies
- pistachios, shelled and crushed – adds nutty flavor and crunchy texture
- white chocolate chips – complements the pistachio flavor and adds creaminess
How to Make Pistachio Cookies
Step 1: Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In a large mixing bowl, beat the butter and sugar together with an electric mixer on medium speed for about two minutes, or until light and airy.
Step 2: Add the egg and vanilla extract. Beat until incorporated.
Step 3: In a small bowl, stir together the flour, salt, and baking powder.
Step 4: Slowly add the dry ingredients to the butter mixture. Beat until just combined.
Step 5: Add the chopped pistachios and white chocolate chips to the cookie batter. Stir well.
Step 6: Using a cookie scoop, portion cookie dough balls onto a parchment paper lined cookie sheet or one sprayed with non-stick cooking spray.
Step 7: Bake for about 12 minutes, or until cookies begin to turn golden brown at the bottom edges. Allow to cool on the cookie sheets for five minutes before transferring to a wire rack.
Tips & Tricks
- If your cookies are spreading too much, you can refrigerate the dough. When you chill it prior to baking, it will cut back on the spreading.
- To save time with your pistachio prep, buy pre-shelled nuts. Just give them a few quick pulses in the food processor, rather than chopping them by hand.
- Using a cookie scoop is the easiest way to form your dough balls. However, if you don’t have one, you can also use a small ice cream scoop.
- If you want the green color that comes with using the instant pistachio pudding mix, you can always add a few drops of food coloring. This also makes them the perfect cookie for St. Patrick’s Day.
Store at room temperature in an airtight container, in a plastic storage bag, or wrapped in plastic wrap. They should last for up to a week.
More Delicious Cookie Recipes
- Chocolate Crinkle Cookies
- Stuffed Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies
- Peanut Butter and Coconut No Bake Cookies
- Harry Potter Butterbeer Cookies
- Strawberry Cake Mix Cookies
Pistachio Cookies Recipe
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the butter, brown sugar and white sugar together with an electric mixer on medium speed for about two minutes, or until light and airy.3/4 cup butter, 3/4 cup brown sugar, 3/4 cup white sugar
- Add the egg and vanilla extract and beat until incorporated.1 egg, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a separate bowl, stir together the flour, salt, and baking powder.1 3/4 cup flour, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Add the dry ingredients to the butter mixture and beat until just combined.
- Add the chopped pistachios and white chocolate chips to the cookie batter and stir until combined.1/4 cup pistachios, 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- Using a cookie scoop, portion the cookies onto a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper or sprayed with non-stick cooking spray.
- Bake for about 12 minutes, or until cookies are just beginning to turn golden brown at the bottom edges. Allow to cool on the cookie sheets for five minutes before transferring to a wire rack.